Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Welcome โ„๏ธ๐Ÿ’– February, and the second month of the 2021 challenge!

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Snubbed It! Masks you donโ€™t want to use & are continually passed over. Thank you @ShortErica for a theme that is sure to help clear out the mask bin;)

Letter of the Week:  I

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

And I'm not sure either @eshoe I'm might to have to close the account- teeni's- that sonnydee is on. Long story short: I'm banned from online ordering for multiple people at 1 address. {My teenage daughter who lives with me & that I buy for. }they are looking into it.....๐Ÿ˜กbut they are both me. This is the only social media I do & I didn't realize I was tucked under her account until I started ranking up. ๐Ÿคท

Ugh that sounds so frustrating @sonnydee ๐Ÿ˜ฃ I hope it gets sorted out soon. Good to know, also. sorry you are having to deal with this!

Yea, you are going to want to do this project when you have a lot of frustration to work out @Shosh85 i see a lot of squeezing & "bumping" the tube on the counter to make it go down. Good idea though! I just disposable lip sticks each time instead of putting my finger in the pot. Wasteful i know, but the amount of things i do recycle, drives hubs crazy, so I figure I can get away with stick or 2/week. 

@sonnydee  Yeah, I'm not sure how much fun it'd be, but I totally think it'd be worth it. If they were in convenient little tubes, I'd definitely use it a lot more often! 

@eshoe, I pulled my Summer Fridays R+R mask from my bin earlier this month and put it in the shower for convenience. My face feels so happily hydrated after using it! ๐Ÿ’— That, the medicine cabinet, and for me at least, my mini fridge, are great places to keep products to be used - I'm less likely to forget a product if they live in one of those places. Do you store a lot of products in your mini fridge?

Summer Fridays R + R Mask 2.25 oz/ 64 g 

Our set ups sound similar, @itsfi! Iโ€™ve been working to get through a good portion of my stash because there are sooooo many minis and they are starting to feel more like clutter than joy. My mini fridge is mostly larger tubes/jars (eye gels), and is packed full. Not sure how you feel about it, but I think a slightly larger version would be ideal๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe  Great choices!! 

Thank you @ather, feels good to get back to some favorites!

@eshoe  Iโ€™ve been using up my oldies buy goodies lately before I open my new ones! 

Good for you, @ather - truly! Wish I would have been doing this all along, but thereโ€™s no better time to start than now;)

P is for Pink and Psidium guajava fruit extract (guava), paired with the very pale pink hued fresh Rose Petal-Soft Deep Hydration Lip Balm 0.3 oz/ 10gโค๏ธ 
Pink (1).jpeg
Spoiler
Innisfree Quick Tone-Up Mask - Pink can also slot in nicely in this week's forgotten wonders theme, though I wouldn't characterize it as "forgotten" so much as it's just waiting for its turn in the line of masks I need to get through this year. ๐Ÿ˜‰  This is a 2-piece pale-pink hued sheet mask coated in a thin, but rich, thick layer of a slightly pink tinted cream. I'm not certain whether the consistency of this cream "essence" is due to the mask approaching its designated expiration date or whether it's meant to have this thickness to it. I think perhaps it's the former because the directions refer to it as an 'essence' and it feels much too rich to me to have that designation - a reason to pick up another of this mask to test at another time. 

Fit / Adherence:
Two-piece sheet masks typically lend themselves to a good fit, though with some adjustments required occasionally. This particular 2-piece mask fit my face size, shape and features very well. Interestingly, the holes for the eyes were shaped like oversized rounded squares and I didn't have any anxiety over whether any of the product would leak into my eyes nor whether my eyes would feel squished by the size of the eye holes. Adherence, however, was a work in progress. I know that many have experienced a mask not staying put and puckering or puffing up. That's a rarity for me; most sheet masks cling nicely to my face. This one, however, puckered at the chin and lifted near the nose and upper mouth area. All I needed to do was press the mask back against my skin. It happened a few times during the 20-minutes I had on the mask; it really was not a big deal for me; maybe just a minor inconvenience. 

Performance / Results:
After removing the mask, I needed to spend some time massaging the cream into my skin - unlike what I consider a traditional sheet mask essence, I couldn't just pat or press the remaining essence into my skin for absorption. I literally had to spread and rub it into my skin, like I would sunblock. And, like sunblock, it initially left a white cast, which disappeared once the cream was fully absorbed. My skin had a tacky-to-the-touch feel that I find makes for a nice primer before makeup (and that is one of the touted purposes of this mask) and my complexion looked noticeably brighter. 

Overall Thoughts:
There were some definite pros and cons to this mask. Based on my experience with this particular mask, I'd say it is more suitable for those with dry or dehydrated skin, and/or on cold winter mornings as a prep before applying makeup. I like the results enough that I will repurchase another of this mask, at some point. I'm very interested in seeing the consistency of the essence of a new, fresher mask as well as how it performs.

@itsfi  When I see more suited for cold dry skin my eyes always see those words pop out at me! Iโ€™m sure this mask would be perfect for me!! I will have to keep my eyes open for this mask!

Lol! I know the feeling @ather! ๐Ÿ˜† Whenever I write that a mask is suited for dehydrated or dry skin types, a few beauties here immediately come to mind (like you!) as being ones who might like the mask!! Especially with the colder weather coming, which I have to tell you, will be interesting how my skin decides to respond to this year to that plus maskne. Ugh! ๐Ÿ˜‘ 

@itsfi  Urg I agree. Outside is completely white this morning and my skin is changing fast. My right side has a spell of maskne that hasnโ€™t gone away yet. Iโ€™m hoping soon. I want to try all oils this winter but Iโ€™m hesitant with wearing masks all the time. Iโ€™m interested in hearing how you make out as well. 

@ather, I hear ya. ๐Ÿค— I'll let you know if I'm finding a combination of products or ingredients that are working. At the moment, I'm thinking a 'safe' approach will be for me to use facial oils in my evening routine and I'm thinking through a couple of routines for the morning that'll give my skin enough hydration and moisture and keep maskne reactions to a minimum. 

@itsfi  Sounds good!! If I discover anything I will let you know as well!! 

@itsfi the innisfree sounds interesting, and based on your initial experience, very forgiving on your part that you are willing to give it another go. I hope a fresher version gives your better adherence and overall experience ๐Ÿ™‚

@eshoe, my first go with this one wasnโ€™t bad at all. Itโ€™s entirely possible that the mask might have performed better had I used it closer to when I purchased it, and not so close to the expiration date. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ  So another go seems like itโ€™s in order. 

@itsfi  I really like the sound of this one! I could've totally missed it, but what is the scent like and what is the material? Sorry for the questions, but I'm super interested in this one ๐Ÿ™‚

Interesting about the white cast - not sure I've come across serum like that! 

Ack!! You didnโ€™t miss it @Shosh85; I completely forgot to include that info. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Sorry about that. The material feels like cotton to me and there is a scent that is very familiar to me. It has a slightly sweet, maybe floral, scent to it. The scent has bugged me for a while; I keep smelling the inside of the pouch to see if it will jog my memory, but still, nothing. ๐Ÿ˜‚ You are one of the people I thought of when I was using this one because it is something I think those of us with dry or dehydrated skin could like. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

@itsfi Thanks! I love how this one sounds! I'll definitely have to purchase this one soon. It's nice that Innisfree products are always pretty affordable! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos1,467
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg