Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

P is for Pore-Purifying 

A6A39D65-2061-4F02-83C1-BE89E7A46244.jpeg

Spoiler

Farmskin Superfood Salad Pore-Purifying Carrot Sheet Mask

This is a super thin cotton sheet mask that was saturated with serum and had a light clean & fresh kind of scent. The fit was great and was just a little too long at the chin. The adherence was good and it was comfortable to wear the half hour I had it on. When I removed it I patted in the leftover serum and there was only the slightest bit of tackiness that hung around for about 5 minutes. My face felt lightly hydrated and my skin looked and felt smoother and had a bit of glow.

This one was decent, but not as good as some of the others in the line andnd I can't say I was blown away by it. I'd use again, but probably wouldn't repurchase.

Ingredients:

Spoiler

WATER, METHYLPROPANEDIOL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, ALGAE EXTRACT, ECLIPTA PROSTRATA LEAF EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED LACTOBACILLUS/STREPTOCOCCUS THERMOPHILUS/COLOSTRUM FERMNT EXTRACT CENTELLA ASIATICA EXTRACT, ANGELICA GIGAS EXTRACT, DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) ROOT EXTRACT(100 ppm), PERILLA OCYMOIDES LEAF EXTRACT, BORAGO OFFICINALIS EXTRACT, BETA VULGARIS (BEET) ROOT EXTRACT, ANTHEMIS NOBILIS FLOWER EXTRACT, CALENDULA OFFICINALIS FLOWER EXTRACT, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, B ETAINE, CARBOMER, TROMETHAMINE, POLYGLYCERYL-10 LAURATE, DISODIUM EDTA, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES BETA-GLUCAN, HYDROLYZED HYALURONIC ACID, BIS-PEG-18 METHYL ETHER DIMETHYL SILANE, FRAGRANCE, 1,2- HEXANEDIOL, HYDROXYACETOPHENONE

@Shosh85, Farmskin sheet masks really perform well consistently, donโ€™t they?  Some are better than others, naturally, but all work nicely. At least all the ones Iโ€™ve tried. I also like that they have some star ingredients that you donโ€™t typically see in sheet masks. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@itsfi  I only have one more to try, but so far I have really enjoyed this line and have already bought some backups! The ones with the milky serums have been my most favorite! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Milky serum. My face lights up at the sound of those words @Shosh85!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Such a gift for dry or dehydrated skin! โ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ

@Shosh85  Too bad it didnโ€™t blow you away however if it did you may have too many loves!!! 

@ather  Haha! Yup, I definitely have a super long loves list!

Oh darn @Shosh85. I think I have this one from unicorn mail (maybe you?) and I'll set my expectations to be good not great. The line did create pretty high standards.

@ShortErica  All these mask really are great! You are exactly right - the line did create some high standards, so the carrot one isn't bad at all, I think the others just set my expectations higher. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I share your sentiments on this one, @Shosh85. I kind of expected a carrot scent and found it fine, but not outstanding. Still, the fit on these masks are decent! 

@eshoe  Yup, definitely not a bad mask - just not as good as some of the others from the line. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85 sorry it didn't wow you!! These are pretty nice masks in general, I have a few left to use, not sure if I have I've of this version

@lmaster  Yeah, it was ok, just not as good as the others I've tried from this line! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Last nights forgotten mask, one that I pass on. I'm not familiar with it๐Ÿค” but im glad i finally broke down & used it! So good. 

Fit?not bad at all. Little wide underneath the nose but it's thin enough just to push up out of the way

Smell?you really smell the lavender. Which is ๐Ÿ˜ for me

Consistency?the mask itself is thin looks almost gauze like (has the tiny squares in it), saturated nicely with serum

Ease of use?no issues. Left it for about 25 min. Took off the mask, after a few minutes my face did feel sticky but waited a few more minutes & everything soaked in without tack.๐Ÿค—

Would I  purchase/try again? Yes!!!! I think I have 1 more of the vitamin F. I think @llmaster sent me one so for that im grateful! My skin looks & feels balanced & soft. Finished off the night with Laneige mint chocolate. Which i figured out what it smells like to me. Mint chocolate chip ice cream, since I really started digging into it. 

1015202041.jpg

โ€ƒ

?

@sonnydee  So awesome that you finally used it and loved it!!! 

@sonnydee I was eyeing this mask recently and you've convinced me, the gauze texture sounds intriguing!

So happy you had a great experience!! Mint chocolate chip ice cream mmmmmmmmmm ๐Ÿ˜‹ @sonnydee 

@sonnydee  I had to look up the ingredients for this one, because I thought it might be a deer velvet mask - but it looks like it's just what your skin is supposed to feel like when your done ๐Ÿ˜‚ Glad to hear this one turned out nice for you! Love the gauzy-type masks! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

P is for Pink and K is for Karuna 

Spoiler
I was excited to try out the VS pink mask - it definitely gave me all the nostalgic vibes. I totally remember when the Victoria secret beauty section seemed luxurious haha. The mask itself was fairly average, the fit wasnโ€™t too bad and scent was innocuous. I didnโ€™t find it as hydrating as some others Iโ€™ve tried but it wasnโ€™t overly tacky or anything. Iโ€™d give it like a B-. 

The Karuna foot mask was interesting ! In terms of the booties themselves, I felt that the fit was better than the Sephora brand ones, but they werenโ€™t as sturdy. My toe sort of ended up poking a hole in one of them when I was massaging the lotion around. The lotion itself was very nice and hydrating, on par with the Sephora brand ones I would say. OverallI I would definitely use this again! 

553ED72B-4872-439F-9DF7-C9D307FB5607.jpeg

โ€ƒ

The foot masks sound nice @Kim888. I think I took something from this brand from Masks On the Move though I don't think it was a foot mask.

@Kim888 when you mentioned that your toe poked a hole through the foot mask, it reminded me of the dissolving Karuna eye gels. I can't imagine the foot masks are anywhere near the same category, but it was funny imagining  ๐Ÿ˜„ 

I used to LOVE the VS glosses!!! Beauty Rush, those lasted forever on the lips. 

e58d4dd4e5ca7b95ba15d33ad10b274a

Sounds like some decent foot masks!! @Kim888 

testing