Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

It kind of balances out the sweet, fruity and rose masks, @quspork ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@eshoe ohhhh it does even remind me of pesto!! Thanks for sharing this one,,I live seeing new to me masks

Yep it looks like something to cook with, @lmaster

@eshoe not sure I would like pesto on my face lol but glad the mask works well!

Yeah I like it in my pasta but itโ€™s weird as a facial โ€˜treatโ€™ @Kim888 ๐Ÿ˜‚ Itโ€™s different though, and I guess thatโ€™s what makes it fun!

And not too far away so I'll count it as on time: O & L / Masks that Make you Hungry week

I went straight chocolate. I pulled some other yummy sounding masks but took it easy.

First up was the Chocolate Milk Bomb mask I took out of Masks On the Move

20201007_085124.jpg20201007_085130.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20201007_095547.jpg
So let's start with the smell. To me it smelled like alcohol chocolate/chocolate martini. And while I love chocolate, the alcoholic versions of chocolate just aren't as pleasant for me. The mask had a milky serum and fit well. I honestly don't remember much. I wore it longer than the 20 recommended minutes, my guess is 30 but I didn't write it done. My skin did feel moisturized and I think it worked nicely considering I had some rough skin around my nose from blowing it a bit with my sickness (sorry if that's TMI). I would call this a decent mask but it isn't pushing me to search it out. Falls in the use if it comes my way but wouldn't buy. I also wish it was more of a true chocolate scent so I'd rate it a B.

My other chocolate is from @Shosh85 and I was excited to try it out. I also remember thinking "which masks are women owned" when we had that week and now I at least can recognize one brand that falls into that category ๐Ÿ™‚

20201010_204606.jpg20201010_204613.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20201010_210247.jpg
Only one face pic but I was able to do this twice with the contents of the package - woo! It only heated briefly during application in a few spots the first time and the second I felt a bit more areas heated but it was only very briefly. The smell was chocolate but maybe waxy too. More favorable than the other chocolate scent. I wore it 20 minutes both times then washed off using a makeup eraser. When removing with makeup eraser I got the best chocolate smell - kinda like brownie batter and I wish that was how it always smelled. My skin looked nice and I think doing a mask with clay was helpful since I was off my once a week routine of using a clay mask. I enjoyed this and would say B+.

So everyone, what's your favorite chocolate mask? Any that you strongly recommend or would say to pass on?

@ShortErica Andddddd here we are at 3pm and I want brownie batter.... hmmmmm.....

Crisis averted @ShortErica  Iced coffee with a shot of chocolate syrup now in hand. The wash off mask actually looked like chocolate pudding to me.  I'll have to keep that one in mind. 

@ShortErica  Too bad the first one smelled like alcohol total bummer. The second one is a score you got 2 used out of it!!!

Those G9 Skin masks always seem to *just* miss the mark on their scents. I don't think an alcoholic chocolate is what I'd gravitate towards either, @ShortErica. I did just order the Ulta Chocolate Marshmallow mask to try out so we'll see how that goes. 

Ooo I hope it smells wonderful @quspork!

๐Ÿคž @ShortErica 

The alcohol chocolate doesn't really sound to appealing scent wise @ShortErica thanks for that heads up!!

You're welcome @lmaster.

@ShortErica  Glad you enjoyed the chocolate mask! It's such a fun one! I think my favorite wash-off chocolate mask is the Perricone MD Cocoa Moisture Mask. My favorite chocolate sheet mask was the

BioBelle #decadence, which of course has been discontinued. I love the chocolate-coffee scent on The Creme Shop Fusion Cafe Mocha mask, but it has alcohol. I also love the chocolate scent on The Creme Shop Caffeine Masquerade Eye mask. 

Yes, I've tried the eye mask and it did smell good @Shosh85! Thanks for those other recommendations. Ugh for good masks being discontinued. Boo!

@ShortErica  .....  actually, now I think I'm remembering the Perricone MD mask is also discontinued! Boo x 2!

Yeah, I remember @eshoe and @Loretta55 enjoying it and being sad about its discontinuance. I think I'm recalling correctly. Maybe it is a good thing I didn't get to try it, like it, and then be disappointed it's gone. ๐Ÿคท

Sorry to disappoint you @ShortErica , but Miss Spa Chocolate mask is also discontinued.

@Loretta55 It's available at miss-spa(dot)com @eshoe @ShortErica @Shosh85 

Good to know @quspork. $4 plus shipping isn't likely to convince me. Hopefully they'll read my mind about putting it in a jar instead for a reasonable price. ๐Ÿ˜‚

2 Replies
testing