Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

***2022 Mask of the Week Challenge***

Open for input and suggestionsπŸ‘‡πŸΌ

Spoiler

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Animal Print Masks - Lions 🦁, tigers 🐯, pandas 🐼, and bears 🐻, oh my! None other than the lovely @Shosh85 brings us this smile-worthy challengeπŸ˜„

Letter of the Week:  Q

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@quspork  Thank you! I missed it the first time I looked - I couldn't find their "search" option....... or I guess it could just be operator error πŸ˜‚

Haha- @Shosh85 their search button does kinda blend right in with the other icons. 

Thank you very much @quspork. There is also a hot chocolate self heating clay mask that I never tried. Unfortunately the cost is $7.00 for it versus $4.00 for the chocolate self heating clay mask. They are currently offering a code of 50% off using code SHOP50. Free shipping with a $30.00 purchase.

The Hot Chocolate sounds like it could be interesting, @Loretta55. Thanks for sharing the promo code- that's one nice thing about ordering direct from the brands- they so often have good promos on their sites. 

Oh no @Loretta55! Another discontinued mask - why do they do this to us?!

@Loretta55  They actually still sell the Miss Spa mask at Fred Meyer - but they sell it for $4, while Ulta used to sell it for $2 😬

I never heard of Fred Meyer @Shosh85 . I thought that the price when not on sale was $4.00 but Ulta had frequent sales on it.

Oh boo! No Fred Meyers by me and you know I would have a really hard time spending $4 on a mask @Shosh85. Now if they put it in a jar and charged $X that provided so many uses, I'd be game.

@ShortErica  Yes! They should totally put this stuff in a jar! 😍

That would be a great idea @ShortErica . Fred Meyer must be a west coast based store.

@Loretta55  Yes, I'm in Oregon. Fred Meyer is a Kroger store. I know Kroger has stores on the east coast as well. @ShortErica 

@Shosh85 @Loretta55 there were some Kroger in central and more southern Ohio but none where I grew up and they aren't in Florida so somewhere in between on the east coast it seems like.

I thought that there were some Kroger’s in the Miami area @ShortErica , @Shosh85 . I also remember shopping at Kroger’s in both Atlanta and Kansas City.

@Loretta55 there might be πŸ€· There wasn't any in Tallahassee when I was there and we don't have any in Orlando.

I have not traveled to the Miami in awhile @ShortErica, but I thought that I shopped at Kroger’s in Hallendale when I visited family who used to live there.

Kroger is located in the southeast but I live in the northeast @Shosh85.

@Loretta55  Oh, gotcha. I did remember reading they aren't in the North. 
I wonder if Fred Meyer is their last stop before they're gone for good. I haven't tried too many of their masks, but the Chocolate one is the only one I've liked - figures they'd get rid of it 😐

If you could find any additional chocolate masks stock io @Shosh85 . 

Lol yes @Loretta55 @I tried hunting it down after I used it and discovered the same thing, @Loretta55 @ShortErica @Shosh85. All the good ones are discontinued much too soonπŸ˜•

😭 @eshoe but I appreciate the information. Sometimes I feel like I should limit myself to masks that have been around forever just to not have them discontinued but then there's always the possibility of a reformulation to break my heart.

@ShortErica sadly it’s not just masks. I guess this is the result of a consumer culture. I just learned my beloved Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz/ 60 mL has been reformulatedπŸ˜• If it isn’t discontinued it’s altered. Why mess with a good thing? Maybe it is limited to the trendier companies, as it seems like some products have been around forever! @Loretta55 @Shosh85 

8 Replies