Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a 💰mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@ShortErica I hope your family is feeling better!! 

We are! Thanks @lmaster 😊

I don't think I've seen that line from Mediheal before but it's looks really nice. I'm glad they both worked out nicely for you, @ShortErica!

Me either until @keana1 sent them my way @quspork. I wonder if it is a US vs Canada thing

@ShortErica omg that juice packaging is so cute! I laughed at the acai berry - you're totally right, it's one of those things that seems to be in lots of skincare and smoothies but I've never actually seen. Both of the masks sounded really interesting !

Agreed @Kim888! Acai berry in drinks sure but although my house always gets raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries, there's never any acai berries 🤷‍♀️

You are so right! @ShortErica @Kim888 I only had seen the iced form and now smoothies. *google searches for images* huh.  

32da144fce99926ddb58198453e14429.jpg

Very cool @Weetart!

From last week, O is for Orchid
orchid x3.jpeg
Spoiler
I feel like I've posted about the Sephora Collection Orchid Eye Mask (original version) and the Hask Orchid & White Truffle Moisture Rich Deep Conditioner. Both are ones I enjoy. It seems like the original version of the Sephora Collection masks are being phased out with the new clean line of masks. The orchid masks, including the orchid face mask, were challenging to find even before the clean line came out so they'll likely be difficult to find if they have not already sold out. I have backups of both the orchid face mask and eye masks but both are ones I would pick up if I happen upon them online.

New to me was the Sephora Collection Orchid Sleeping Mask has a light, pleasant scent and feels cool and refreshing on the skin. I love that these come in pods as it's very convenient for travel. and while I'm not sure I use this consistently enough to say anything about its anti-aging claims, I can say that this sleeping mask leaves my skin looking soft, smooth and hydrated the next morning. I have plenty of sleeping masks but this is one I'd repurchase (or pick up if Sephora has a clean version of it). It's probably my favorite of the house-brand sleeping masks. 

The rich consistency of the Hask Orchid & White Truffle Moisture Rich Deep Conditioner is more akin to a hair mask than a conditioner and it's how I opted to use this product - as a hair mask. There's a lot of product in these packs and since the formula on this particular on is so rich, I don't need a lot at all; one of these packs can last me 4-5, maybe 6 uses on my long-ish hair. I really just apply to the strands and ends, avoiding the crown so that reduces the amount of product I need as well. Because the product is on the richer, creamier side, it can have a tendency to weigh my hair down if I don't make sure to do an extra rinse to make sure I've gotten all the product out of my hair. Results-wise, my hair looks shiny and healthy and feels soft. It also smells amazing!!! 
SEPHORA COLLECTION Eye Mask Orchid 
SEPHORA COLLECTION Sleeping Mask Orchid 

@itsfi  Sounds like a nice trio! I haven't tried that specific hair mask, but I have tried a couple from the same brand and the results were great! ... and it's even better you can get so much use out of the packet! 😃👍

@Shosh85, I’ve been happy too with the Hask hair masks / deep conditioners that I’ve used. 😃 I don’t need to use a lot of product because most of them are fairly rich in consistency. I find them to be very convenient to have on hand for longer trips as well; I’ll plan to keep one or two in my stash for when that happens again for me but in the meantime, I’ll be working through what I have in my stash. 😉 

@itsfi @I’m curious if you have found any changes in the shape of the eye mask. I feel like it is somewhat different than a couple of years ago, the shape at least. Well, maybe the material - I thought it was bio cell but after recently using a pair was surprised to find them cotton some other fiber maybe, but definitely not biocellulose)🤔

Hmmm . . . 🤔 @eshoe, I think the very, very first SC eye mask I tried may have been made of biocellulose, come to think of it. Biocellulose costs more to produce than traditional cotton / paper masks, so I imagine that may have something to do with the change. 

Thank you @itsfi, I couldn’t remember for sure and thought you might have better notes than I. It is good in a way, though - to have peace with a product and move on☺️

@itsfi you're really selling me on the orchid sleeping mask.... Just saying 😆

It’s such a good one @lmaster; I wouldn’t mind if they included it in the clean line and in a more full size product. 😉 

Long time no see my peeps. Last night I used a mask that is forgotten and starts with a p.. whaaaaaat? I know right.

Two Faced Pineapple Glow Moisturizing and Brightening it's a good hydrating mask. Probably brightening, but hard to tell with my complexion. It smells just like pineapple, has a little sparkle you can see in the jar, but doesn't get all over anything. The packaging is excessively wasteful, but also nice... if you know what I mean. It's heavy duty and won't tip over. This is something I bought when it released out of sheer lack of self control because of pineapple and the cute pineapples wearing sunglasses that matched my Too Faced mirror with the same look. It's not worth the full price, but if you find it at TJMaxx or something, go for it.

Too Faced Pineapple GlowToo Faced Pineapple Glow

@Weetart, I haven’t been inside a TJ Maxx or Marshalls in a very long time but I do remember seeing the TF mask and wondering how it performed. 🍍 Good to know your thoughts on it. Love that mirror - it is adorable! 

I just went into one a couple weeks ago @itsfi mainly for the novelty to be able to go inside stores again because I'm in a no/low buy zone. Same about of evil temptations like always.

@Weetart, it's nice to know some things haven't changed! So much temptation in those stores! 😂 Definitely hear you on the novelty of being in a store again and your no/low buy, especially with masks for me. 

@Weetart  Too Faced definitely has some super cute products/packaging and that mirror is adorable! Glad you enjoyed this one! 😃🍍

testing