Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

The mirror is trรจs adorable for sure! @Shosh85 The packaging is very very solid. I wish I could think of a use for it when I'm finished.

That mirror is what caught my eye, @Weetart  - it is so, so cute! Good to know about the mask, I was interested in knowing more about that one, so I appreciate the feedback ๐Ÿ™‚

@eshoe it truly is a hydrating mask (for my normal/oily/dry combo skin). The smell was absolutely like a real pineapple.

And saved the best for last. Probably my favorite TCS mask not only for the scent, the fit-its almost perfect for my face but how it helps calm my face if it starts getting irritated. The creme shop clear up! It smells like a strawberry milkshake. Paired that with lanolips strawberry. It just occurred to me, this week was full of TCS masks for me!๐Ÿค—

1011202216_HDR.jpg

โ€ƒ

Ooouh strawberry milkshake, such a delicious scent on this one @sonnydee! This is one I definitely grab if I see it at TJ Maxx or Marshallโ€™s. ๐Ÿ˜

@sonnydee  Glad to hear you love this one! It's definitely a top favorite for as well! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Way to end the week strong, @sonnydee ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ I used that one sometime recently too, the scent is one of the bestโ˜บ๏ธ

@sonnydee I was very close to using this one today!!

Tonight's mask: masks that make you hungry. And for oranges, at least I think that's a piece of an orange among all that fruit๐Ÿค”๐ŸŠL for Line cell sheet

1010202057.jpg

Fit? it fit nicely around the chin area but extra around the temple area & I had to fuss with the above the lip part. It was on the thicker side & tried to creep its way into my mouth. 

Smell?not as citrusy as I was expecting but still there & a nice scent. 

Consistency?the serum was on the thicker side & it nicely saturated the thin mask. I left this on for about 25 min, the upper portion dried out before the bottom. 

Ease of use?might cut off the above lip part

Would I  purchase/try again? Yes, & I was so happy to find boxes at Marshalls. My face feels good with absolutely no tack. ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ

Fresh lip balm in blood orange, paired very nice with this mask!

@sonnydee, the illustration on the Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables always make me hungry and I like every fruit depicted in this particular one - yum! ๐Ÿ˜‹ Great pairing with the blood orange lip balm! ๐ŸŠ 

@sonnydee  Love this one! This is such a great line of masks! Glad you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@sonnydee love the combo of the sheet mask and lippie ๐Ÿ™Œ

@sonnydee  Yay, Pink Squeeze! My second favorite Bombee Fruitables mask. ๐Ÿ™‚ I'm glad you loved it! 

And that lip balm... sometimes I open mine just to inhale it. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

Which one is your favorite @WinglessOne ?

@sonnydee @Shosh85 My favorite is Red Squeeze. For me, it's very hydrating and moisturizing, and it reduces my surface redness. It's also one of my favorite travel masks. 

@sonnydee @WinglessOne  I'm curious to know which is  your favorite too! 

So I ended up with a concussion Monday night and subsequent horrendous migraine.  Thought it had only been a few days I finally felt I could shower without causing additional pain to my scalp (it's those little things you know).  So I thought it had been a bit since I had used a few of my masks.  I pulled out the Biossance Rose and Squalane mask which apparently was limited edition since I couldn't tag it and it isn't on their website.  When I got out of the masking habit apparently Vitamin C went to the wayside!  It washed off nicely.  So my O is this - Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL mixed with Biossance Limited Edition Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil Limited Edition Rose  and Drunk Elephant F-Balmโ„ข Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL.  I used 2 drops of Marula and 1-2 of the Rose Oil with 2 pumps of F-Balm to use on my face and neck.  It was refreshing and moisturizing.  Nice to have the Vit C back in the routine.  I've decided to give F-Balm another try when my current bottle runs out.  Maybe that's the concussion or the thought I may be seeing some results.  I've been using it more frequently. 

@MCSSavvy, I hope you are fully recovered, from the concussion and migraines. ๐Ÿ’ The combination of products sounds like such a luxuriously decadent treat for the skin! ๐Ÿ˜

Oh no, @MCSSavvy - I hope you have a speedy recovery from your concussion. Migraines are terrible enough on their own, I can't imagine having to deal with both at the same time. 

Anonymous Insider

@quspork  Thanks - so kind!  I went back to work today and as it wore on the pain just became excruciating.  I've been laying in the dark for 3 hours now on a heating pad and the pain meds have taken the edge off.  I hope this will pass soon!  

Oh @MCSSavvy I am so sorry! I canโ€™t imagine how you must be feeling right now. Iโ€™m in between you and @Shosh85 @with only a couple of concussions. They are awful, and I hope your recovery is speedy. 

To top it off, you suspect the Biossance Rose + Squalane mask might be discontinued, that would not be good! 2020 has become a year of saying goodbye to so many beauty favorites ๐Ÿ˜ฅ 

testing