Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through the challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: โ€œFavorite Mask in Your Regular Routineโ€ - the lovely @itsfi would like to know - which mask do you buy in bulk, to always have on hand? 

Letter of the Week:  S

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@itsfi I will never complain about seeing food lol.

This one has walnut shells in it?

also darn, sorry to hear it wasnโ€™t the best. Iโ€™ve been wanting to try this forever because I love their masks. Maybe thatโ€™s why this one isnโ€™t stocked as much as others. 

@Weetart Yep. I wonder if they even make it anymore. Out of the two they had sent out this was definitely my least favorite, but I believe it won the popular vote. 

So I ended up with a concussion Monday night and subsequent horrendous migraine.  Thought it had only been a few days I finally felt I could shower without causing additional pain to my scalp (it's those little things you know).  So I thought it had been a bit since I had used a few of my masks.  I pulled out the Biossance Rose and Squalane mask which apparently was limited edition since I couldn't tag it and it isn't on their website.  When I got out of the masking habit apparently Vitamin C went to the wayside!  It washed off nicely.  So my O is this - Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL mixed with Biossance Limited Edition Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil Limited Edition Rose  and Drunk Elephant F-Balmโ„ข Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL.  I used 2 drops of Marula and 1-2 of the Rose Oil with 2 pumps of F-Balm to use on my face and neck.  It was refreshing and moisturizing.  Nice to have the Vit C back in the routine.  I've decided to give F-Balm another try when my current bottle runs out.  Maybe that's the concussion or the thought I may be seeing some results.  I've been using it more frequently. 

@MCSSavvy, I hope you are fully recovered, from the concussion and migraines. ๐Ÿ’ The combination of products sounds like such a luxuriously decadent treat for the skin! ๐Ÿ˜

Oh no, @MCSSavvy - I hope you have a speedy recovery from your concussion. Migraines are terrible enough on their own, I can't imagine having to deal with both at the same time. 

@quspork  Thanks - so kind!  I went back to work today and as it wore on the pain just became excruciating.  I've been laying in the dark for 3 hours now on a heating pad and the pain meds have taken the edge off.  I hope this will pass soon!  

Oh @MCSSavvy I am so sorry! I canโ€™t imagine how you must be feeling right now. Iโ€™m in between you and @Shosh85 @with only a couple of concussions. They are awful, and I hope your recovery is speedy. 

To top it off, you suspect the Biossance Rose + Squalane mask might be discontinued, that would not be good! 2020 has become a year of saying goodbye to so many beauty favorites ๐Ÿ˜ฅ 

@eshoe  - I appreciate the thought just the same!  Unfortunately, it does seem as if we are losing many tried and true beauty favorites in 2020.  I don't feel as if there were as many new skincare releases this year so maybe next year.  

Yes, @MCSSavvy, ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผfor 2021 in many ways๐Ÿ˜„

@MCSSavvy  Awe, Im so sorry to hear what you've been going through! I've always been a very active, hyperactive person and had have many concussions in my life as a result - including one that was accompanied with 17 stitches on the forehead. I know migraines are pretty miserable, so I hope yours start getting better soon!

On another note, I love the concoction you threw together! Sounds like the perfect combo! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘Œ

@Shosh85   17 Stitches!!   Wow!   I've not quite done anything that spectacular.  I think the tie is between - broken tip of finger during midnight bowl at the uni or shard of glass in foot from dancing in the street.  Had to get a tetanus shot from that one.

Thanks for the thumbs up on my masking efforts!

@MCSSavvy so sorry you are having issues!! Your combination of products sound excellent

I hope your head feels better soon @MCSSavvy migraines are the worst. ๐Ÿ˜ฐ

Oh no, @MCSSavvy , I hope you're feeling much better now. I'm also a chronic migraine sufferer and can imagine the pain of that on top of a concussion. ๐Ÿ˜ž I hope you got some very good pain relievers (if your normal migraine med couldn't touch this oneโ€”assuming you take meds for them). โค๏ธ 

Your masking sessions sounds very nice. I kinda treat F-Balm as a lightweight moisturizer instead of a mask so, as soon as temperatures drop below freezing, my current bottle will go back into storage til spring. I'm glad you're maybe seeing good results from it, though! 

@WinglessOne  -  Thanks!  I've improved slightly but not by much.  I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow when I go back to work since I look at a computer screen all day and spend a good portion of it on the phone.  The medication I'm on right now makes me sleepy / sleep so not quite conductive to work.  It keeps the pain at bay - particularly if I lie down in a dark room.  It's hard to get comfortable with the neck/back pain/spasms but I'm hoping it shall pass soon.  

I've tried F-Balm alone and while I like that it is lightweight I generally don't feel the right hydration balance if I use it after washing my face.  So I typically use it with a serum, serum and oil or with a moisturizer.  I think it will be interesting to see this winter how I use it.  You just reminded me of my YTTP  Superfood mask.  ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Wishing you healing vibes @MCSSavvy . Sounds like you used some good masks.

@Loretta55  -- Thank you. Much appreciated.  It's one of the worst migraine attacks I've had and I have chronic migraines. I've spent most the time in bed, in a dark room without tv, Netflix or music and little screen time.  I think the knot on my head is starting to go down a bit.   

Healing vibes are appreciated.  And it was a nice mask.  I think it will become a regular in the rotation.  ๐Ÿ™‚  

Strawberries, cake and ice cream!

FFF990C9-49F5-4E81-8711-10864FB0F2BB.jpeg

Spoiler
Besides the Perricone MD Cocoa Moisture mask, Skinfoodโ€™s Black Sugar Strawberry is one that is almost entirely too tempting, and just might be good enough to eat. Thank you @itsfi for this weekโ€™s theme which has been very, very enjoyable ๐Ÿ˜Š

The Kocostar Waffle Mask Ice Cream ๐Ÿฆ is the third one from this line that Iโ€™ve tried. I had high hopes for the scent, as the strawberry and honey versions were deliciously scented. This one...it was ok. I didnโ€™t catch anything ice cream-like, though someone with a better nose than I might ( @sonnydee have you tried this one yet?). The fit, feeling and generous amount of thick, clear serum were a treat for my skin, though. This line has impressed me much more so than any other Kocostar masks, and will most definitely go on the repurchase list. 

Finally, a bit of Glossierโ€™s Birthday Balm dotcom, my favorite scent of those Iโ€™ve tried. It is more like a salve in my mind than a gloss, and has a true vanilla cake scent (does not taste as good as it smells, sadly๐Ÿ˜†). I am curious about the new fig scent, but because Iโ€™m not wild about the texture, itโ€™s easy for me to pass. Overall, a fun masking for a Friday night!

@eshoe You inspired me to grab a set of the waffle masks and they just came in this weekend- can't wait to try them out!

Ooooh I canโ€™t wait to hear about them, @quspork! I hope youโ€™ll like them๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ

1 Reply
Photos1,704
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg