Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

If you havenโ€™t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Blind Pick Your Mask! @veronika23 gave us this weekโ€™s daring challenge. Thank you bringing a little suspense into masking, lovely!๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

Letter of the Week:  F

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Tang is the perfect description, @Loretta55! This is such a pleasant mask to use. Enjoy the remainder of your vacation!

At least the weather has been good @eshoe . Thank you very much for the well wishes.

@Loretta55 @Haha agree it totally smells like tang! Agree itโ€™s one of the best quick masks for brightening though! 

I agree that it is my go to for quick & brightening masking @Kim888 .

Hahaha I can still see the 90s commercial. It's a kick in the glass! Glad to hear about the awesome results @Loretta55!

The commercial that I remember about a Tang is that it was the drink of astronauts @ShortErica. It is a great & quick brightening mask.

@Loretta55 @eshoe  @ShortErica  @Shosh85   I love That 70s Show. The running Tang joke always gets me.  I think they still sell Tang in the grocery stores.  We liked Kool-Aid more as kids but one neighbor mom had it and would occasionally make it when she ran out of Kool-Aid.  LOL

Anyway, if it smells like Tang I wonder if it is Tang?  ๐Ÿ˜‚  Or, stay with me here, if actual Tang would achieve the same results?  ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‰

@MCSSavvy @Loretta55 @Shosh85 @ShortErica 

Actually the first three ingredients donโ€™t look too bad๐Ÿค”

eta: oof I mean the first four, canโ€™t forget ascorbic acid๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

INGREDIENTS:
SUGAR, FRUCTOSE, CITRIC ACID (PROVIDES TARTNESS), CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF NATURAL FLAVOR, ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), MALTODEXTRIN, CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, GUAR AND XANTHAN GUMS (PROVIDE BODY), SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, ARTIFICIAL COLOR, YELLOW 5, YELLOW 6, BHA (TO HELP PROTECT FLAVOR).

@eshoe -- That ingredient list isn't bad at all.  If citric acid was lower on the list of ingredients I would maybe give it a try but I developed an allergy to citrus oil a few years ago.  Incredibly I can eat the citrus - I love cuties - I just can't peel them.  The irony. 

Thatโ€™s a bummer @MCSSavvy! I canโ€™t imagine not being able to peel them, itโ€™s so satisfying!

Right?!  @eshoe  

Every now and then I start to pick up a bag and then I have to put it right back down.  One came in a Starbucks protein box that I had grabbed on the way to my parents.  I soo wanted to eat it and had to ask my dad to peel it.  He just shrugged, peeled it and I ate it with a fork.  It's highway robbery to buy them pre-peeled so alas...

Well eating them with a fork is pretty unique too, @MCSSavvy ๐Ÿ˜‚ I will have to give it a try sometime!

Sorry, I am not that adventurous @MCSSavvy. With my luck, I would have an allergic reaction to Tang.

@Loretta55  I know how that goes!  

@MCSSavvy too funny! I volunteer @Shosh85 as tribute! ๐Ÿคฃ @eshoe @Loretta55 

@ShortErica @MCSSavvy @eshoe @Loretta55 Haha! You guys are too funny! For a second I was confused and thought you guys were talking about tasting the Fresh powder, and I was thinking, "um, no way, you weirdos!" ..... but I would try this! Haha! ๐Ÿคฃ ....... now I just need to find some tang...

@Shosh85  Tar- get (sounds classy, no?) has it.  

tumblr_ma3fszL1cj1rp7afbo1_500

Next DIY challenge I will need to try this @Shosh85 @MCSSavvy @Loretta55 @ShortErica! Looking for Tang online, should be fun;)

@Loretta55  So does that mean you don't like the scent? I hate eating anything pumpkin, but love the scent of it - just wondering if that's how you feel about tang. 

Just the opposite here @Shosh85 - I love the taste, but the scent of pumpkin is very unpleasant to me๐Ÿ˜† ๐ŸŽƒ 

Tang brings back childhood memories @Shosh85. I donโ€™t mind the scent but I always felt that Tang tasted fake.