Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Well eating them with a fork is pretty unique too, @MCSSavvy ๐Ÿ˜‚ I will have to give it a try sometime!

Sorry, I am not that adventurous @MCSSavvy. With my luck, I would have an allergic reaction to Tang.

@Loretta55  I know how that goes!  

@MCSSavvy too funny! I volunteer @Shosh85 as tribute! ๐Ÿคฃ @eshoe @Loretta55 

@ShortErica @MCSSavvy @eshoe @Loretta55 Haha! You guys are too funny! For a second I was confused and thought you guys were talking about tasting the Fresh powder, and I was thinking, "um, no way, you weirdos!" ..... but I would try this! Haha! ๐Ÿคฃ ....... now I just need to find some tang...

Anonymous Insider

@Shosh85  Tar- get (sounds classy, no?) has it.  

tumblr_ma3fszL1cj1rp7afbo1_500

Next DIY challenge I will need to try this @Shosh85 @Anonymous @Loretta55 @ShortErica! Looking for Tang online, should be fun;)

@Loretta55  So does that mean you don't like the scent? I hate eating anything pumpkin, but love the scent of it - just wondering if that's how you feel about tang. 

Just the opposite here @Shosh85 - I love the taste, but the scent of pumpkin is very unpleasant to me๐Ÿ˜† ๐ŸŽƒ 

Tang brings back childhood memories @Shosh85. I donโ€™t mind the scent but I always felt that Tang tasted fake.

L is for L'arvore ... this one was gifted to me from the lovely @eshoe ๐Ÿ˜Š 

8510E8F7-B937-4FDE-83A7-4605F1E4CA98.jpeg

Spoiler

L'arvore Shea Butter Natural Source Sheet Mask

This is a thin cotton sheet mask that was saturated with a clear watery serum. It had a sweet and fruity kind of scent that I thought smelled like honey dew melon - which was great, but just wasn't what I was expecting and threw me off guard a little. ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐ŸˆThe fit was good and was just a little too long at the chin. It adhered well, except for the extra length at the chin that needed some re-patting a few times, and was comfortable to wear the half hour I had it on. When I removed it I patted in the remaining serum - there was the slightest bit of tack that disappeared after about 15 minutes. My face felt refreshed, a little plump, moisturized and soft.

This mask turned out great and I'd love to use again! I'll definitely be repurchasing this one in the future!

I forgot to take a picture of the ingredients and this is all I could find online ๐Ÿ‘‡
0326F802-2C0B-45B6-8933-EAC3E3C96C3D.jpeg

@Shosh85 honeydew melon scent sounds fabulous!!

@lmaster  I loved it! I was pleasantly surprised! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Those results sound good @Shosh85! Interesting about the scent; not what I would expect.

@itsfi  Yup, it was definitely not expected, but I enjoyed it! I actually think I'd prefer a honeydew scent over a Shea butter one, so it worked out great! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  Sounds like a great mask!!

@ather  It was! The unexpected fruity scent was really nice! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 I'm glad this worked well for you! I can imagine expecting a shea butter scent and getting a honeydew surprise instead. But sounds like it still smelled great. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I think I also have this one, but I haven't used it yet because I wasn't sure if the rosemary extract was truly that vs. rosemary oil; normally I wouldn't question that so much, but it's pretty high on this ingredients list. If you smelled honeydew and no rosemary, that tells me there's likely no rosemary oil, hooray! Based on your review, I look forward to trying this one myself now. 

@WinglessOne  Well, I'll be interested to hear what you think this one smells like! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm thinking of buying it again soon, just so I can see if it smells the same. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Are there masks that say extract, but really have oil? 

@Shosh85  I doubt "extract" in most masks is really "oil," but I get nervous when I see one listed among the first 3 ingredients. Rosemary leaf extract is good stuff (anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, flavonoids); it does contain a wee bit of oil, but the extract isn't nearly as sensitizing (for me) as straight-up rosemary leaf oil listed as an ingredient. Citrus peel extracts make me even more suspicious, since the peel is where you'll find a fruit's oil. Then there's citrus fruit extract which, I dunno, could come from any part of the fruit (including the peel) for all I know... I looked up the citrus fruit extract process a couple years ago but don't remember it now, so that'll go on my ever-growing learnin' list. 

Meanwhile, I've been doing lots of repeat masking lately, mostly anti-inflammatory and highly moisturizing masks, since I've bumped retinol usage up from every other night to nightly. But now I reeeeally wanna try this shea butter mask ๐Ÿ˜„ โ€”and I do happen to have a LuLuLun melon mask that might smell like honeydew (haven't tried it yet), so I could compare scents. You've inspired me! 

@WinglessOne  Hmmm, I've never thought of researching the extract process! I'll have to make a note to look that up soon! So much to learn!

Its a good idea to compare it with another honeydew mask - I should've done that! I'll be super curious if you pick up the same  scent, or if my senses were just off ๐Ÿ˜‚

testing