Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a 💰mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Anonymous Insider

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@eshoe  - I appreciate the thought just the same!  Unfortunately, it does seem as if we are losing many tried and true beauty favorites in 2020.  I don't feel as if there were as many new skincare releases this year so maybe next year.  

Yes, @Anonymous, 🤞🏼for 2021 in many ways😄

@MCSSavvy  Awe, Im so sorry to hear what you've been going through! I've always been a very active, hyperactive person and had have many concussions in my life as a result - including one that was accompanied with 17 stitches on the forehead. I know migraines are pretty miserable, so I hope yours start getting better soon!

On another note, I love the concoction you threw together! Sounds like the perfect combo! 😃👌

Anonymous Insider

@Shosh85   17 Stitches!!   Wow!   I've not quite done anything that spectacular.  I think the tie is between - broken tip of finger during midnight bowl at the uni or shard of glass in foot from dancing in the street.  Had to get a tetanus shot from that one.

Thanks for the thumbs up on my masking efforts!

@MCSSavvy so sorry you are having issues!! Your combination of products sound excellent

I hope your head feels better soon @MCSSavvy migraines are the worst. 😰

Oh no, @MCSSavvy , I hope you're feeling much better now. I'm also a chronic migraine sufferer and can imagine the pain of that on top of a concussion. 😞 I hope you got some very good pain relievers (if your normal migraine med couldn't touch this one—assuming you take meds for them). ❤️ 

Your masking sessions sounds very nice. I kinda treat F-Balm as a lightweight moisturizer instead of a mask so, as soon as temperatures drop below freezing, my current bottle will go back into storage til spring. I'm glad you're maybe seeing good results from it, though! 

Anonymous Insider

@WinglessOne  -  Thanks!  I've improved slightly but not by much.  I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow when I go back to work since I look at a computer screen all day and spend a good portion of it on the phone.  The medication I'm on right now makes me sleepy / sleep so not quite conductive to work.  It keeps the pain at bay - particularly if I lie down in a dark room.  It's hard to get comfortable with the neck/back pain/spasms but I'm hoping it shall pass soon.  

I've tried F-Balm alone and while I like that it is lightweight I generally don't feel the right hydration balance if I use it after washing my face.  So I typically use it with a serum, serum and oil or with a moisturizer.  I think it will be interesting to see this winter how I use it.  You just reminded me of my YTTP  Superfood mask.  🙂 

Wishing you healing vibes @MCSSavvy . Sounds like you used some good masks.

@Loretta55  -- Thank you. Much appreciated.  It's one of the worst migraine attacks I've had and I have chronic migraines. I've spent most the time in bed, in a dark room without tv, Netflix or music and little screen time.  I think the knot on my head is starting to go down a bit.   

Healing vibes are appreciated.  And it was a nice mask.  I think it will become a regular in the rotation.  🙂  

Taking a page from @Weetart's brilliant tie-in earlier this year for an O mask, I went with an O for oeufs (French for eggs). 🥚🥚
Eggs!!! (or for the letter of the week, ouefs!)Eggs!!! (or for the letter of the week, ouefs!)
Dear Packer Egg Ceramide Mask comes with two separate sheet masks, both fashioned after your traditional egg. One mask, the white mask, focuses on the egg white and the other, the yellow mask, shines a spotlight on the egg yolk. I used these masks earlier this week but having put up this post, I'm thinking an omelette might be on tonight's dinner menu. 🥚😉
Spoiler
 Egg White MaskEgg Yolk Mask
Material & Essence:Medium thick cotton mask saturated in slightly viscous essenceSoft, slightly thick-ish, stretchier yellow-hued cotton fiber heavily coated in a creamy, milky essence
Fit & Adherence:This mask seemed more narrow at the sides, which is actually better for me. About half an inch too long at the chin and slightly short at the forehead (though to be fair, I have a lot more forehead than the norm - lol). Holes for the eyes and mouth were very narrow and both required adjustments. Adherence was good.Similar to the egg white mask as far as width was concerned. Only slightly long at the chin and the holes for the eyes and mouth were slightly wider than the egg white mask, but I still made adjustments to the inner corners of the eyes for a better fit. Adherence was good.
Scent:Smelled slightly of a floral lotion. Fades away by the time the mask is smoothed over the contours of the face. Very faint scent, with perhaps a chemical scent. Not off-putting but not necessarily pleasant. Wears off almost immediately upon removal from packet.
Claim(s):Smooths rough, flaky skinNourishing, moisturizing and provides elasticity to the skin 
Performance & Results:Interestingly, about half way through my wear time, I felt light tingling on my right cheekbone for maybe a minute or two. I was paying extra attention after that and was prepared to remove the mask if the tingling continued but it (thankfully) stopped tingling. There was some essence remaining after I removed the mask but my skin absorbed it pretty quickly. My skin felt soft, smooth, hydrated and bouncy / plump. I felt a slight tingling in my lower leftside of my chin at around minute 3, but it didn't linger longer than a minute. Results-wise, oooouuuhh! This one will be nice for those with dehydrated or dry skin, or those looking for a nourishing mask on a cold night. My skin felt very moisturized after removing and I thought I might be able to forego moisturizer. That wasn't the plan but I ended up falling asleep shortly after removing the mask and without applying mymoisture (eek!). To my great surprise, when I looked in the mirror this morning, my skin looked and felt moisturized, without any dry patches and without any feeling of dryness or tightness. 
Ingredients:
Spoiler
(from ulta (dot) com)
Egg Ceramide Yellow Mask:
Water, Methylpropanediol, Propanediol, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycereth-26, Panthenol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Glycosphingolipids, Phospholipids, Cermide Np, Xanthophyll, C14-22 Alcohols, Betaine, Cyclohexasiloxane, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Peg-100 Stearate, Dipotassium Glycyrhizate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethiconol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Flower Extract, Carbomer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Adenosine, Sucrose, Hydrolyzed Egg Shell Membrane, Xanthan Gum, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tapioca Starch, Cholesterol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Dipropylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Stearic Acid, Urea, Glucose, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine Hcl, Thiamine Hcl, Inositol, Tryptophan, Glycine, Methionine, Histidine Hcl, Serine, Calcium Chloride, Cystine, Phenylalinine, Arginine Hcl, Valine, Threonine, Tyrosine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Sodium Pyruvate, Lysine Hcl, Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Chloride, Paeonia Suffructicosa Branch/Flower/Leaf Extract, Trisodium Edta, Tromethamine, Fragrance

Egg Ceramide White Mask:
Water/Eau, Glycerin, Propanediol, Glycereth-26, Alcohol Denat., 1,2-Hexanediol, Panthenol, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Lecithin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Urea, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Ceramide Np, Cholesterol, Hydrolyzed Egg Shell Membrane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Sorbitol, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Inositol, Tryptophan, Glycine, Methionine, Histidine Hcl, Serine, Calcium Chloride, Cystine, Phenylalinine, Arginine Hcl, Valine, Threonine, Tyrosine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Sodium Pyruvate, Lysine Hcl, Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Chloride, Paeonia Suffructicosa Branch/Flower/Leaf Extract, Pef-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance.

What a fun selection @itsfi ! 

Thank you @Weetart! And, thank you for doing the O for oeufs theme first. 🥚😀

@itsfi  Gudetama is so cute! His bare little booty always cracks me up!

So happy to hear the sheet masks turned out wonderfully despite the tingling! Is it something you'd repurchase? I can totally see how this session would make you hungry for an omelette! 😉😋🍳🥚

@Shosh85, I would repurchase the mask - it looks like it's currently out of stock at the moment, which is probably better for keeping me on the straight and narrow when it comes to getting through what remains of my stack of pre-2020 sheet mask. 😂 Love Gudetama. 💛 Dear Packer should do a special edition collab of this mask with Gudetama! I mean, no one asked me, but I'm just sayin'! 🤣

@itsfi oh my gosh,,, super cute theme!! 

Thank you @lmaster😁 I'm coming to terms with the fact that the vast majority of my themes for masking involve food. Hahahaha! 🤣 I can't figure out whether I draw inspiration for a masking sesh based on the food item, or if the mask I choose makes me hungry for a particular food. 😂🤣😂 At this point though, regardless of which came first, I see it as I get to mask and I get to eat. Win-win! 😉

@itsfi  - You are far braver than I.  I looked at the package and thought nope -- love eggs just can't imagine an egg based mask on my face.  Immediate thought - the boiled egg smell.  Sorry you had the bad sensation on your face.  Must say the first little package was quite thou.

@MCSSavvy, I would consider myself a scaredy-cat when it comes to a lot of things, but for whatever reason, I'm fairly adventurous when it comes to sheet masks and skincare (well, for skincare, if it passes the patch test). 😂🤣😂 Fortunately, the tingling sensation was only temporary; it was just odd that when and where I felt it. Oh, interesting you bring up the boiled egg scent. I know I mentioned that one of the masks reminded me of a chemical scent; your comment triggered my thinking of the sulfur smell typically associated with hard boiled eggs but that wasn't the chemical scent I picked up. Interesting. Hmmm... I may need to pick up another of these masks sooner rather than later to figure out what that scent was.

🤣🤣🤣  The thought of trying a mask again just to see if it has a boiled egg smell cracks me up. Pun intended!! @itsfi   😅😉

Sorry about the tingling, @itsfi, hopefully is wasn’t too uncomfortable. It sounds like a pretty nice mask despite that, though - especially the yolk part! The mini egg reminds me of Dillydelight.

testing