Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Thank you @lmaster๐Ÿ˜ I'm coming to terms with the fact that the vast majority of my themes for masking involve food. Hahahaha! ๐Ÿคฃ I can't figure out whether I draw inspiration for a masking sesh based on the food item, or if the mask I choose makes me hungry for a particular food. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ At this point though, regardless of which came first, I see it as I get to mask and I get to eat. Win-win! ๐Ÿ˜‰

@itsfi  - You are far braver than I.  I looked at the package and thought nope -- love eggs just can't imagine an egg based mask on my face.  Immediate thought - the boiled egg smell.  Sorry you had the bad sensation on your face.  Must say the first little package was quite thou.

@MCSSavvy, I would consider myself a scaredy-cat when it comes to a lot of things, but for whatever reason, I'm fairly adventurous when it comes to sheet masks and skincare (well, for skincare, if it passes the patch test). ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Fortunately, the tingling sensation was only temporary; it was just odd that when and where I felt it. Oh, interesting you bring up the boiled egg scent. I know I mentioned that one of the masks reminded me of a chemical scent; your comment triggered my thinking of the sulfur smell typically associated with hard boiled eggs but that wasn't the chemical scent I picked up. Interesting. Hmmm... I may need to pick up another of these masks sooner rather than later to figure out what that scent was.

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ  The thought of trying a mask again just to see if it has a boiled egg smell cracks me up. Pun intended!! @itsfi   ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‰

Sorry about the tingling, @itsfi, hopefully is wasnโ€™t too uncomfortable. It sounds like a pretty nice mask despite that, though - especially the yolk part! The mini egg reminds me of Dillydelight.

@eshoe, the tingling was temporary and didn't cause any irritation or negative reaction so it's just a minor and fleeting inconvenience. It's nice that this pack came with 2 separate masks, all for $5. Not too bad.

@itsfi Mmm an omelette sounds amazing. I love that little egg guy. 

Aw yes! Gudetama!!! ๐Ÿ’› That little egg makes me smile; and he's a good reminder to take it easy. ๐Ÿคฃ What kind of omelette would you like @Samtian? I'll whip one up and send it your way! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Strawberries, cake and ice cream!

FFF990C9-49F5-4E81-8711-10864FB0F2BB.jpeg

Spoiler
Besides the Perricone MD Cocoa Moisture mask, Skinfoodโ€™s Black Sugar Strawberry is one that is almost entirely too tempting, and just might be good enough to eat. Thank you @itsfi for this weekโ€™s theme which has been very, very enjoyable ๐Ÿ˜Š

The Kocostar Waffle Mask Ice Cream ๐Ÿฆ is the third one from this line that Iโ€™ve tried. I had high hopes for the scent, as the strawberry and honey versions were deliciously scented. This one...it was ok. I didnโ€™t catch anything ice cream-like, though someone with a better nose than I might ( @sonnydee have you tried this one yet?). The fit, feeling and generous amount of thick, clear serum were a treat for my skin, though. This line has impressed me much more so than any other Kocostar masks, and will most definitely go on the repurchase list. 

Finally, a bit of Glossierโ€™s Birthday Balm dotcom, my favorite scent of those Iโ€™ve tried. It is more like a salve in my mind than a gloss, and has a true vanilla cake scent (does not taste as good as it smells, sadly๐Ÿ˜†). I am curious about the new fig scent, but because Iโ€™m not wild about the texture, itโ€™s easy for me to pass. Overall, a fun masking for a Friday night!

@eshoe You inspired me to grab a set of the waffle masks and they just came in this weekend- can't wait to try them out!

Ooooh I canโ€™t wait to hear about them, @quspork! I hope youโ€™ll like them๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ

@eshoe I'm really interested in the waffle masks!!! 

I have a hunch you would like them @lmaster they feel different than any other mask! And of course, the yummy scents for the most partโ˜บ๏ธ

I'm have not tried any of the other waffle masks yet @eshoe maybe when the weather turns colder...love your choices!

I will be interested to hear which one is your favorite, @sonnydee!:)

@eshoe @That packaging is so fun!!! Sorry the scent was disappointing on that one but glad to hear they are good overall! 

As much as their slices are fun, @Kim888, I think the waffles take the cake! I think you would enjoy them, too:)

@eshoe  Love that Strawberry wash-off! It is sooo good! @itsfi got me hooked too!

Glad to hear the Waffle Masks are turning out great! I bought the pack too, but have yet to try them. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, I have to say that that Skinfood strawberry wash off mask is one of the best skincare discoveries I've ever made. ๐Ÿ˜ I think I am going to make it a staple in my skincare stash. If I have too many exfoliating wash off masks, I'll put it in my masks-that-smells-like-strawberry-jam part of the collection. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm happy that there have been others who have found their way to it as well. โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ“ It really is such a nice addition to a skincare collection. @eshoe 

@itsfi I think a good portion of loves discovered here have been due to your enabling ๐Ÿ˜„

We're all one big enabling family. @eshoe @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜

testing