Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

At least the weather has been good @eshoe . Thank you very much for the well wishes.

@Loretta55 @Haha agree it totally smells like tang! Agree it’s one of the best quick masks for brightening though! 

I agree that it is my go to for quick & brightening masking @Kim888 .

Hahaha I can still see the 90s commercial. It's a kick in the glass! Glad to hear about the awesome results @Loretta55!

The commercial that I remember about a Tang is that it was the drink of astronauts @ShortErica. It is a great & quick brightening mask.

@Loretta55 @eshoe  @ShortErica  @Shosh85   I love That 70s Show. The running Tang joke always gets me.  I think they still sell Tang in the grocery stores.  We liked Kool-Aid more as kids but one neighbor mom had it and would occasionally make it when she ran out of Kool-Aid.  LOL

Anyway, if it smells like Tang I wonder if it is Tang?  πŸ˜‚  Or, stay with me here, if actual Tang would achieve the same results?  πŸ€”πŸ˜‰

@MCSSavvy @Loretta55 @Shosh85 @ShortErica 

Actually the first three ingredients don’t look too badπŸ€”

eta: oof I mean the first four, can’t forget ascorbic acidπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

INGREDIENTS:
SUGAR, FRUCTOSE, CITRIC ACID (PROVIDES TARTNESS), CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF NATURAL FLAVOR, ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), MALTODEXTRIN, CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, GUAR AND XANTHAN GUMS (PROVIDE BODY), SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, ARTIFICIAL COLOR, YELLOW 5, YELLOW 6, BHA (TO HELP PROTECT FLAVOR).

@eshoe -- That ingredient list isn't bad at all.  If citric acid was lower on the list of ingredients I would maybe give it a try but I developed an allergy to citrus oil a few years ago.  Incredibly I can eat the citrus - I love cuties - I just can't peel them.  The irony. 

That’s a bummer @MCSSavvy! I can’t imagine not being able to peel them, it’s so satisfying!

Right?!  @eshoe  

Every now and then I start to pick up a bag and then I have to put it right back down.  One came in a Starbucks protein box that I had grabbed on the way to my parents.  I soo wanted to eat it and had to ask my dad to peel it.  He just shrugged, peeled it and I ate it with a fork.  It's highway robbery to buy them pre-peeled so alas...

Well eating them with a fork is pretty unique too, @MCSSavvy πŸ˜‚ I will have to give it a try sometime!

Sorry, I am not that adventurous @MCSSavvy. With my luck, I would have an allergic reaction to Tang.

@Loretta55  I know how that goes!  

@MCSSavvy too funny! I volunteer @Shosh85 as tribute! 🀣 @eshoe @Loretta55 

@ShortErica @MCSSavvy @eshoe @Loretta55 Haha! You guys are too funny! For a second I was confused and thought you guys were talking about tasting the Fresh powder, and I was thinking, "um, no way, you weirdos!" ..... but I would try this! Haha! 🀣 ....... now I just need to find some tang...

@Shosh85  Tar- get (sounds classy, no?) has it.  

tumblr_ma3fszL1cj1rp7afbo1_500

Next DIY challenge I will need to try this @Shosh85 @MCSSavvy @Loretta55 @ShortErica! Looking for Tang online, should be fun;)

@Loretta55  So does that mean you don't like the scent? I hate eating anything pumpkin, but love the scent of it - just wondering if that's how you feel about tang. 

Just the opposite here @Shosh85 - I love the taste, but the scent of pumpkin is very unpleasant to meπŸ˜† πŸŽƒ 

Tang brings back childhood memories @Shosh85. I don’t mind the scent but I always felt that Tang tasted fake.

L is for L'arvore ... this one was gifted to me from the lovely @eshoe πŸ˜Š 

8510E8F7-B937-4FDE-83A7-4605F1E4CA98.jpeg

Spoiler

L'arvore Shea Butter Natural Source Sheet Mask

This is a thin cotton sheet mask that was saturated with a clear watery serum. It had a sweet and fruity kind of scent that I thought smelled like honey dew melon - which was great, but just wasn't what I was expecting and threw me off guard a little. 😳🍈The fit was good and was just a little too long at the chin. It adhered well, except for the extra length at the chin that needed some re-patting a few times, and was comfortable to wear the half hour I had it on. When I removed it I patted in the remaining serum - there was the slightest bit of tack that disappeared after about 15 minutes. My face felt refreshed, a little plump, moisturized and soft.

This mask turned out great and I'd love to use again! I'll definitely be repurchasing this one in the future!

I forgot to take a picture of the ingredients and this is all I could find online πŸ‘‡
0326F802-2C0B-45B6-8933-EAC3E3C96C3D.jpeg

2 Replies