Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Good to see you again @cianni! So sorry to hear about covid in your circle. Hopefully masking brings you a little joy and normal. Isn't it frustrating when masks don't smell like they are supposed to?! At least the results sound nice. Hope you stay safe and sane. It all still seems weird.

@cianni  Great to hear your thoughts on this one. Iโ€™ve been meaning to try it. I might wait to try it when travel opens up again!

@cianni we have missed you! So sorry to hear your news, I hope everyone is back to feeling normal again quickly.

Yes, this one would be good for travel, and ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผthat will be something soon again!

@cianni   It's great to see you around! I am so sorry to hear your news! I hope you and the people close to you get better soon!

I'm happy to hear you're liking the mask stick! I definitely agree it would've been better with a yummy watermelon scent, but I love that it's perfect for travel! ๐Ÿ‰

@cianni @Sorry you havenโ€™t been feeling well but glad to hear you were up for some masking! Iโ€™m always a little skeptical of stock masks but they are nice for not making a mess!

Welcome back, @cianni! I'm sorry to hear you've been dealing more personally with Covid. I hope you and your loved ones are on the road to recovery. 

Switching gears, the Milk mask does seem like it would be a good option for travel. That's a great idea!

Masks that make us hungry. This has been sitting in my try now bin for a month or two so I thought it will fit in nicely with this week's theme. 

The Creme Shop Blueberry & Banana fusion sheet mask, a fave on here if I remember right. 

Fit?not bad, extra in the upper temple area. Got some in my hair. But fit my nose almost perfectly. And really hugged around my eyes-  I usually always have a gap so that was nice. But with TCS masks they are thin enough to just smush around for a better fit

Smell? Delicious. Like a blueberry & banana smoothie. So good!

Consistency?this was almost milky feeling, I rubbed extra on my hands & at first it was sticky but luckily it soaked in on my hands & face after removal with very little tack,if any. 

Ease of use?no issues.

Would I  purchase/try again? Definitely a winner! My skin felt great afterwards & even today. And I hope I have more๐Ÿค” will have to double check. 

๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ

Finished the night with Fresh coconut lip balm. Because i don't have a blueberry or a banana lip balm! ๐Ÿ˜ณi was surprised too! But I'm not fretting because this coconut can join in my masking sess anytime

1008202110.jpg

โ€ƒ

Blueberry and banana!! Yum @sonnydee breakfast ๐Ÿ˜†

I love TCS blueberry banana mask @sonnydee; it makes me want a smoothie. Great, now I'm hungry (though when am I not, really?!! ๐Ÿคฃ) I see your superhero powers are at it again. Off to see what I have to make a smoothie! ๐Ÿ˜‹

@sonnydee  This one sounds amazing!!!

Love this one, @sonnydee! I am thinking of your โ€˜binโ€™ and wondering if you will discover a box (or two) in there๐Ÿ˜‚

I have it all inventoried @eshoe I just got to look at it. Now where the box would be...thats a different story. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@sonnydee mm that sounds like a good combo!

Thanks @Samtian it was a great one. Yumyum

Coconut, blueberry, and banana sound like a delicious match up, @sonnydee!

It was a great match all around @quspork & i found lanolip makes a banana lip balm so might have to fill that void after all @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜‰๐ŸŒ

@sonnydee That's one of my favorite Creme Shop masks, especially because of the scent! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐ŸŒ 

Some yummy looking masks for this weeks theme! 

Spoiler
I was super excited to snag this banana sheet mask from masks on the move because Iโ€™ve been wanting to try it! This smells amazing - just like runts banana candy! The fit was a bit large. Overall I really enjoyed this - my skin felt super hydrated after using it and not tacky at all - I would totally buy again! 

Also tried out the superfood carrot mask. This mask was scentless which I think is good because carrot might be a weird scent for a mask. The fit was fine. I didnโ€™t really felt like it did anything to purify or brighten. Non tacky after though. Overall this mask was fine but I wouldnโ€™t run out and buy it again 

2F9139C7-1153-4A66-8A9F-7F402D16D535.jpeg

โ€ƒ

7F96C963-7C5E-4CB6-8733-3A91A1DD3E15.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Kim888 love a good banana mask!!

That is one of the banana sheet masks that I enjoy @Kim888; happy to hear you liked it as well. 

Yeah, dont know I'd want a carrot smelling mask either @Kim888. Glad it didn't smell but too bad the results didn't live up to some of the other superfood masks. The banana masks seems like a winner which is awesome!

5 Replies
testing