Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask with a Partner! @Alphaboo gives us this weekโ€™s fun challenge: Letโ€™s make an excuse to mask togetherโ˜บ๏ธ

Letter of the Week:  T

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@heartsmyface the eye patches sound really nice!! I don't believe I've ever used some that had a warming sensation

@heartsmyface  I've been wanting to try out the Purederm foot peels - would love an update when the actions starts!

Glad you liked the Etude House mask! There are some pretty decent masks in this line. I think my most favorite so far is the snail one!

@Shosh85  weโ€™re two days in and my feet are dry and crinkly in the arches.  No peeling yet but theyโ€™ve got that sheen of chemical burned skin.  This is when it gets difficult to resist the urge to moisturize.   The wait continues. 

oh I love the snail one as well!  

I can't wait to hear how the Purederm foot masks go, @heartsmyface. It's always interesting to see how different ones work out. How long did you have this pair on for?

@quspork   I did the whole 90 minutes and maybe a bit longer?  My feet are feeling pretty dry today which is a good sign.  The waiting part is the worst.  I want instant gratification 

Iโ€™m with you on reusing masks @heartsmyface! I tried the Charlotte Tilbury sheet mask that says it can be reused up to 3 times and it was hard enough getting myself to use it a second time for the sake of trying it out. ๐Ÿ˜ซ I would go nuts 6 times!!! It is interesting though that the eye patch would presumably heat up all 6 times. I donโ€™t know about that. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ 

I like the EH 0.2mm line. ๐Ÿ’• Theyโ€™re ones I consider simple (in a good way), reliable sheet masks and there are a few from the collection that my skin responds well to. 

@itsfi   Did the CT one perform as nicely the second time round?  The eye patches are still sitting on my night table so thereโ€™s still a chance to reuse them... Iโ€™m a little curious.  Maybe Iโ€™ll try them out on my arm to see if they reheat.  My elbows would likely appreciate done love.  
The ET Collagen masks are my favorite from the line!   I agree theyโ€™re slightly better than filler masks but at filler mask prices.  Theyโ€™re a pretty solid brand overall.  I am trying to recall if I ever used a dud product by them and nothing is coming to mind.  I didnโ€™t like their micellar water but then I donโ€™t like micellar waters in general.  

Ah yes, the EH Collagen mask from this line is a good one. I can see why itโ€™s your favorite @heartsmyface. I agree about the brand in general too. I keep going back to one of their sunscreens. ๐Ÿ˜

The CT mask was fine the second time but not as great as the first - better adherence the first time, etc. Iโ€™m glad I gave it a try but I prefer the traditional wet sheet masks. The CT is a โ€œdryโ€ mask so I was very surprised that it imparted the moisture it did. 

Mmmmm the Tea Tree is pretty borderline, @heartsmyface ๐Ÿ˜† The collagen one is the best!

From Monday? Sometime earlier...

1007202144a.jpg

โ€ƒFrom MOTM

Fit? Ok, lil extra in the temple area. Usual extra in the chin area

Smell?subdued tea tree 

Consistency?clear, had extra in pouch

Ease of use?no issues. I think I even did the dishes with this lil guy on. 

Would I  purchase/try again? Yes. I enjoyed this mask. Bravo! For the person who put it in there. 

And Tonights.

Do I really need to tell the theme? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿฏ

Loves all around. Even though HLavenderโ€ƒ has alcohol, I'll overlook it for all the juicy  goodness it brings me!

It was one of the first I've tried & now, I have a stash no more full price for me!

Really enjoying the Laneige to me it smells like the children's chewable grape Tylenol tabs. I used to take them myself. I was soooo bad about swallowing pills. Still have to trick myself but getting better. Adulting. Ha!

1007202144.jpg

@sonnydee, I keep meaning to give TCS honey lavender mask a go; good reminder, thank you!!! "No more full price for me." So hear you on that! โค๏ธ

It was a-me ShortErica! Hahaha. I jotted down that you like tea tree and my nose just can't handle it so I thought someone might enjoy it more in the Masks on the Move box. Glad you enjoyed it @sonnydee!

Ugghhh I guess I'm used to the smell. My mom uses it for everything. But it is good for calming blemishes. Thank you for thinking of me & including it. ๐Ÿค— @ShortErica 

As you saw, my mom brain gets me a lot of the time but when I take notes, they come in handy @sonnydee ๐Ÿ˜€

Notes & lists! On your phone & on paper. @ShortErica I still forget why I walk into a room though๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜œ

@sonnydee  Adulting can be so hard sometimes, huh?! ๐Ÿ˜‚ The chewable/gummy vitamins are my favorite! (I get the ones made for adults, of course ๐Ÿ˜†)
Glad to hear both of these were winners for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Yes, chewables are life savers. I did get the Flintstones vitamins during my first trimester with both boys. {The girls didnt really give me any sickness} Any other swallowable prenatal vitamin would gag then...you know..defeat the whole purpose of vitamins @Shosh85 

@sonnydee you are too funny!! I'm loving the laneige too! 

Thanks @lmaster most of the time i write my mask reviews while I'm laying in bed, waiting for the this works! Sleep spray to soothe me off to sleep. So if anything ever doesnt make sense. Just ignore it & move on๐Ÿ˜œ you say funny. I say rambling on..

O is for The Orchid Skin

Orchid (2).jpeg

Spoiler
Details: The Orchid Skin Hyaluronic Acid Mask is a soft, ultra thin "nude-cell" sheet mask saturated in a clear, lightweight watery essence that smells pleasantly of a blend of a light, slightly sweet lotion and a fresh, subtle fruity-floral scent that reminds me of pomelo.

What I Liked:
  • Adherence is superb - it literally feels like you are not wearing anything - love it! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Fit wasnโ€™t so bad; too large all around the perimeter of my face except the forehead area. The holes for the eyes and mouth were extra large too which were fine by me as I didnโ€™t have to make any adjustments except for the perimeter.
  • Results were outstanding - just the teensiest bit of tack to the touch after 30 minutes of wear and my skin looked and felt hydrated, plump and dewy. โค๏ธ

Area(s) for Improvement: If Iโ€™m being very picky, there could be more material for the area above the lip - itโ€™s a very thin strip that barely covers half of the length of the philtrum. Also, thereโ€™s added fragrance but as that is the last ingredient listed, itโ€™s not a significant issue for me personally.

Would I Repurchase?: In a heartbeat. ๐Ÿ’–

I love how simple yet elegant your photo is!! @itsfi sounds like a beautiful mask

Photos1,714
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg