Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask with a Partner! @Alphaboo gives us this weekโ€™s fun challenge: Letโ€™s make an excuse to mask togetherโ˜บ๏ธ

Letter of the Week:  T

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Notes & lists! On your phone & on paper. @ShortErica I still forget why I walk into a room though๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜œ

@sonnydee  Adulting can be so hard sometimes, huh?! ๐Ÿ˜‚ The chewable/gummy vitamins are my favorite! (I get the ones made for adults, of course ๐Ÿ˜†)
Glad to hear both of these were winners for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Yes, chewables are life savers. I did get the Flintstones vitamins during my first trimester with both boys. {The girls didnt really give me any sickness} Any other swallowable prenatal vitamin would gag then...you know..defeat the whole purpose of vitamins @Shosh85 

@sonnydee you are too funny!! I'm loving the laneige too! 

Thanks @lmaster most of the time i write my mask reviews while I'm laying in bed, waiting for the this works! Sleep spray to soothe me off to sleep. So if anything ever doesnt make sense. Just ignore it & move on๐Ÿ˜œ you say funny. I say rambling on..

O is for The Orchid Skin

Orchid (2).jpeg

Spoiler
Details: The Orchid Skin Hyaluronic Acid Mask is a soft, ultra thin "nude-cell" sheet mask saturated in a clear, lightweight watery essence that smells pleasantly of a blend of a light, slightly sweet lotion and a fresh, subtle fruity-floral scent that reminds me of pomelo.

What I Liked:
  • Adherence is superb - it literally feels like you are not wearing anything - love it! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Fit wasnโ€™t so bad; too large all around the perimeter of my face except the forehead area. The holes for the eyes and mouth were extra large too which were fine by me as I didnโ€™t have to make any adjustments except for the perimeter.
  • Results were outstanding - just the teensiest bit of tack to the touch after 30 minutes of wear and my skin looked and felt hydrated, plump and dewy. โค๏ธ

Area(s) for Improvement: If Iโ€™m being very picky, there could be more material for the area above the lip - itโ€™s a very thin strip that barely covers half of the length of the philtrum. Also, thereโ€™s added fragrance but as that is the last ingredient listed, itโ€™s not a significant issue for me personally.

Would I Repurchase?: In a heartbeat. ๐Ÿ’–

I love how simple yet elegant your photo is!! @itsfi sounds like a beautiful mask

Thank you @lmaster๐Ÿค— I find the packaging on this one to be very pretty; I was definitely drawn in by the aesthetics. ๐Ÿ˜ One of the stems from my orchid plant broke so I was trying to keep it going, and decided to use the broken stem in the photo.

Wow, @itsfi, what a treat this mask must have been! Curious if you picked up the Collagen. Their eye patches look interesting, too.

@eshoe, I have their eye masks and plan to give them a go this week, which I guess means I need to use them tonight or tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜† I have a few other masks from the brand; I think the collagen mask is one of them. 

@itsfi  -- Is Orchid the brand?  Does the mask have fragrance of any kind?  I would anticipate since it is based on a flower most likely but I like the review and orchids are good plants.  Try as I might I never could get mine to re-bloom the next season.  

@MCSSavvy, sorry for the delay in responding; I haven't been online regularly over the last few days and just saw your post. The brand is The Orchid Skin. I just looked at the back of the packet and added fragrance is the last ingredient listed. It wasn't an issue for me with this mask but I do have occasionally have sensitivity to fragrance and I know others do as well. 

I love orchids. ๐Ÿ’– I've had the most success with orchids re-blooming with those that I place near a window that has access to a good source of light, somewhere where the plant gets some but not too much direct sunlight, if that makes sense. And if I'm consistent with feeding it, too - 2-3 ice cubes depending on how large the orchid plant is, once per week. I've had a couple that I've had to say 'good bye' to, but have had one that's been doing really well for a few seasons now. *fingers crossed it keeps its track record. 

@itsfi  Thanks for the info!  Orchids are beautiful and so glad to hear you have had some success on getting a few of yours to rebloom.  I do not get very much natural light in my flat in part due to shade from the tree in front and also due to the direction my windows face.  When I moved to my current flat I had some small potted palms and z-plants.  Unfortunately, the squirrels took a liking and alas I have pots but no plants!  LOL!  I'll look into the mask you tried.  I'm allergic to fragrance but if it's really lightly scented I may be ok with it.  ๐Ÿ˜„  

@itsfi  Sometimes the strip under the nose can be so skinny, it's a like thong for your face! ๐Ÿ˜‚ This one sounds wonderful! Happy to hear you'd repurchase in a heartbeat!

Yessssss @Shosh85! You're a genius! That is an excellent way to describe it! ๐Ÿคฃ Whenever the strip covering the area above the lip is so thin I always wonder what happened at the design stage where they thought that would work?! Especially when there's so much extra width-wise all around and the length at the chin/jawline. Like, who thought making that strip just a bit larger than dental floss would make for good proportions?!!! ๐Ÿ˜†

L is for Latte -  I did this one kind of recently, but it was in my pile of masks that are next to expire, so it gets another turn .... and I'm not mad about it at all ๐Ÿ˜‰

71982562-37B3-42AF-8376-CFE01D6F07D6.jpeg

Spoiler

HIDDENcos Latte Mask

This is a super thin and meshy cotton sheet mask that was drenched with a brown milky serum and had a delicious coffee scent. The fit was ok - a teensy bit too big all around the forehead and a little too long at the chin. I kept it on for about a half hour. There was some very light tack after removing, but it absorbed in less than 10 minutes. My face looked noticeably brighter and my skin felt soft and moisturized and had a nice glow.

I love this mask! The fit was really the only negative part about it - which is never a deal breaker for me anyway. I will definitely continue to repurchase this one!

0BF4EF0F-ABE9-4F0F-BF08-D32382DFCC35.jpeg

Yum!! This mask actually looks so good right now!! @Shosh85 

@lmaster  Yep, it definitely makes you crave coffee! ๐Ÿ˜‹โ˜•๏ธ

Oooh, coffee masks that smell like coffee!! Glad this was a win, @Shosh85!! 

@haleyvvvv  Yep, the scent did not disappoint! They also make an Americano one that is just as good! ๐Ÿ˜ƒโ˜•๏ธ

I love both the coffee based masks from Hiddencos @Shosh85. โ™ฅ๏ธ โ˜•๏ธ I find Iโ€™m not consistent in which one I like more; theyโ€™re both good so it depends on how my skin is doing that day. ๐Ÿ˜† BTW forgot to mention in your previous post that Iโ€™m liking the polka dots. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

1 Reply
Photos1,722
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg