Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Thank you @lmaster๐Ÿค— I find the packaging on this one to be very pretty; I was definitely drawn in by the aesthetics. ๐Ÿ˜ One of the stems from my orchid plant broke so I was trying to keep it going, and decided to use the broken stem in the photo.

Wow, @itsfi, what a treat this mask must have been! Curious if you picked up the Collagen. Their eye patches look interesting, too.

@eshoe, I have their eye masks and plan to give them a go this week, which I guess means I need to use them tonight or tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜† I have a few other masks from the brand; I think the collagen mask is one of them. 

@itsfi  -- Is Orchid the brand?  Does the mask have fragrance of any kind?  I would anticipate since it is based on a flower most likely but I like the review and orchids are good plants.  Try as I might I never could get mine to re-bloom the next season.  

@MCSSavvy, sorry for the delay in responding; I haven't been online regularly over the last few days and just saw your post. The brand is The Orchid Skin. I just looked at the back of the packet and added fragrance is the last ingredient listed. It wasn't an issue for me with this mask but I do have occasionally have sensitivity to fragrance and I know others do as well. 

I love orchids. ๐Ÿ’– I've had the most success with orchids re-blooming with those that I place near a window that has access to a good source of light, somewhere where the plant gets some but not too much direct sunlight, if that makes sense. And if I'm consistent with feeding it, too - 2-3 ice cubes depending on how large the orchid plant is, once per week. I've had a couple that I've had to say 'good bye' to, but have had one that's been doing really well for a few seasons now. *fingers crossed it keeps its track record. 

@itsfi  Thanks for the info!  Orchids are beautiful and so glad to hear you have had some success on getting a few of yours to rebloom.  I do not get very much natural light in my flat in part due to shade from the tree in front and also due to the direction my windows face.  When I moved to my current flat I had some small potted palms and z-plants.  Unfortunately, the squirrels took a liking and alas I have pots but no plants!  LOL!  I'll look into the mask you tried.  I'm allergic to fragrance but if it's really lightly scented I may be ok with it.  ๐Ÿ˜„  

@itsfi  Sometimes the strip under the nose can be so skinny, it's a like thong for your face! ๐Ÿ˜‚ This one sounds wonderful! Happy to hear you'd repurchase in a heartbeat!

Yessssss @Shosh85! You're a genius! That is an excellent way to describe it! ๐Ÿคฃ Whenever the strip covering the area above the lip is so thin I always wonder what happened at the design stage where they thought that would work?! Especially when there's so much extra width-wise all around and the length at the chin/jawline. Like, who thought making that strip just a bit larger than dental floss would make for good proportions?!!! ๐Ÿ˜†

Masks that make you hungry...

IMG_20201005_211233729.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
This was a light pink sheet with tons of extra clear bubbly serum in the package, I love how it had snips in most of the areas I would need to do myself, so that's a major plus for me! It's long at the chin area and did bunch in areas around the mouth, however it adhered very nicely to my under eyes and around my nose. The scent was great and fruity, watermelon did stand out more than anything. Wear time was 20 minutes, after removing,, my skin felt hydrated and moisturized and looked more vibrant and nourished,, very pleasantly surprised with this one!! I would love to add more to the family at some point, I didn't experience any tackiness or pilingIMG_20201005_211244102.jpg

โ€ƒ

Oh it sounds nice @lmaster. Is the material more similar to the Holika Holika aloe one or the Holika Holika essence line or something else?

Haha!! Not sure @ShortErica it was thin and pink with cuts in it,,, wish I could remember the other versions

Just another reason to try them again @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yum that sounds like a great mask @lmaster 

@Kim888 it's going to give other watermelon masks good competition

@lmaster, you nailed the theme! I'm craving watermelon looking at this sheet mask! Even better that it performed so well and smelled like watermelon. ๐Ÿ‰

@itsfi yes yes yes!!! It was a delicious mask ๐Ÿ‰ 

Wow @lmaster watermelon ๐Ÿ‰ extract is the first ingredient!!! Very impressive, now I want to go try this one:)

@eshoe I was impressed too!! I definitely want more, but after I get through more of the lookatme watermelon masks 

@lmaster  So happy to hear you loved it! Love the packaging! ๐Ÿ‰ Can't wait to try mine! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 I know some people don't like the cuts in the sheets, but I really really liked them!! Really nice results and scent

โ€œLโ€ for a new mask to Love and Lotus

56CB80BE-D1AF-4FAB-A987-04731BE1CC6B.jpeg

Spoiler

After reading about the Suqqu Moisture Rich Mask, I thought it might be a good fit for dry, dehydrated winter skin. It is packed with plenty of good-for-skin ingredients like pear juice ferment (helps to retain moisture), ecotine (helps to increase the skin cellโ€™s ability to retain water and protects proteins and enzymes, which help to condition the skin), Glycyrrhizate and Adlay Extract (have an anti-inflammatory action to help soothe skin), and Coix Lacryma-Jobi Ma-yuen Seed Extract. Which I learned is another name for Jobโ€™s Tears, which Iโ€™ve been curious to try!

The tube is a plus. Easy to use and no need to clean a little spatula after using. The mask itself is a very thick gel, almost like melted hot glue (or a thicker Honey Potion). Immediately I sensed this would be ideal for locking in moisture, as it felt like it was sealing it in while on my face. Only a small amount is necessary, seems like less is more with this one. The scent is like a soft, fruity rose mixed with white tea. Green tea is an ingredient, but the scent itself may be due to the added fragrance. Itโ€™s very subtle, and relaxing.

I left it on around ten minutes, though the recommended time is only around five (!) I did not use a tissue to remove any of the excess (which is also recommended) but instead rinsed off with water. Next time I will leave it on longer and try that method for added hydration. While I didnโ€™t notice a big difference in appearance, my skin felt good. Really, really good. I canโ€™t wait to use this more in the coming months!

Ingredients:

Spoiler
B7A97964-58CD-4450-96AD-2E2F873591DD.jpeg

The Jigott Angelโ€™s in the Sky Lotus Real Ampoule Mask claims to brighten and calm skin. This one includes lotus extract, cucumber, pearl, and potato - another first for me! The scent, hmmmm. This does have added fragrance as well, and it was sweet, somewhat floral like I imagine what a lotus flower would smell like. It wasnโ€™t overwhelming. The fit, not bad. A couple of snips around the eye area. It actually fit really well on the lower half of my face. The serum was pretty drippy and as I added the remainder in the packet, it was a little messy.

Left this one on over JayJunโ€™s Green Tea Eye Gels for about 25 minutes before it started to dry. Only a slight tack remained, though my forehead felt a little dry. After reading about the ingredients I see that lotus is supposed to help control serum production, so maybe this wasnโ€™t the best match for a heavy duty moisture mask๐Ÿ˜†. Still, pleasant to use but wouldnโ€™t go out of my way to repurchase.

Ingredients:

Spoiler
Water, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Betaine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polysorbate 20, Nelumbo Nucifera Leaf Extract (27 mg), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract, Pearl Extract, Collagen Extract, Solanum Tuberosum (Potato) Pulp Extract, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Chrysanthemum Morifolium Flower Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Impatiens Balsamina Flower Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

testing