Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a 💰mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

The Purenskin mask sounds really lovely, @eshoe!

It was, @quspork - and different, too. Love an unusually scented and textured mask, especially when you’ve been on the same wash-off rotation😆

Oh no @eshoe how did it get broken??

No idea @lmaster, the pump worked for me to get one pump out (for the scent test when I first got it), and that was it. Stopped working right away. I figured out how to open it though and now use a spatula. Which is kind of like using a dipstick to test the level of oil;)

342810FF-2CC9-461E-B8F2-CD0B5D9018E9.jpeg

Is there like a little tube in the product that needs to connect to the lid? I wonder if it came loose or just got disconnected from the pump lid 🧐🤔 @eshoe 

Idk @lmaster 🤷🏻‍♀️ I expected there to be a little bag inside like REN uses, but it is more like DE (no internal bag). At least I am able to use it, because it’s a good one!!

That's sad!! @eshoe I'm so sorry this happened 😔 but you have a more positive attitude than I may have had 😆

Well @lmaster I think we’ve all been making a bit more lemonade than usual this year😉

@eshoe  Ooh, this sheet mask sound wonderful! Love that kind of material/texture! I think the other mask you're thinking of is this one 👇

ABE54AFD-171F-4F62-8749-528A0B7CADE0.jpeg

.... you gifted me this one and you told me it reminded you of the Missha mask I gifted you 😉 I haven't had the chance to try it yet, but I can't wait!

YES that’s it, @Shosh85@PrettyPaint gifted me one and I loved it....it’s like a little masking train😂

@eshoe  Haha! I love it! All aboard! 😂

N is for Naruko and a throwback to @sonnydee's rainbow theme challenge a couple of week's ago with an indigo theme for this masking sesh, as the sheet mask, like the Tatcha body butter, contains Japanese indigo (Polygonum Tinctorium Leaf/Stem Extract). 
Indigo.jpeg
Spoiler
Naruko is a Taiwainese skincare brand and produces a handful of sheet masks that I love. This soft, medium thick cotton Naruko Raw Job's Tears Supercritical CO2 Pore Minimizing and Brightening Mask is packed with a clear, lightweight essence that holds a faint scent that reminds me of .... maybe rice, or possibly barley, and claims to hydrate and brighten skin while reducing pore size. Looking at the inci list, I can see how the mask would be hydrating (i.e., snow fungus extract and two forms of hyaluronic acid (sodium PCA, sodium hyaluronate and hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid) as well as brightening (i.e., Job's Tears, vitamin C derivatives). I'm not sure about the pore shrinking claims, but there are quite a few soothing ingredients in this mask (i.e., allantoin, extracts of oat) as well as ingredients known to help with cell regeneration (i.e., ellagic acid, pea extract). 

Adherence with this mask is great and fit is what I expect from most sheet masks and, with a few adjustments here and there, it fit my face shape and features better. I wore the mask for my usual half hour though there was plenty of essence still left that I probably could have left it on for another 15-20 minutes without it drying out. After my skin fully absorbed all the essence, my skin felt soft, smooth, and bouncy and my complexion looked hydrated and brightened. This is an oft repeated purchase for me and I don't foresee that changing anytime soon. ❤️

What are your thoughts on the Tatcha body butter,,, that I didn't know existed?? Lol @itsfi 

@lmaster, I like the Tatcha body butter; it’s good for dryness. It’s rich but glides on easily and absorbs nicely. It has a clean-ish scent that I think smells nice, relaxing and uplifting; it doesn’t linger so it doesn’t compete with any perfume I might wear.  I thought I read that it’s being discontinued (boo!) though there are travel sizes still available direct from Tatcha - in a different color container. I have an old version. 

Oh good to know! @itsfi 

@itsfi  I think you made a perfect pair! And I love your picture!

Awww, thank you @ather! 🤗 Very kind of you to say. After masking I realized that I forgot to use the Mahalo indigo balm as a lip balm. Oh well, next time. 😉 

@itsfi  I was thinking indigo would be a hard color theme, but of course, you found the most perfect product to fit right in - not only is it indigo, but it even says it right on the front! 😂

The Naruko mask sounds wonderful- love those results! This is another line of masks I'd like to eventually try. So happy it was a winner for you! 😃

The Naruko sounds very enjoyable, @itsfi. If I remember, Job’s Tears are an ingredient in another one of their masks that you tried 🤔 I could be wrong, though-it’s just such an unusual ingredient that doesn’t seem to come up often. That Tatcha is such a special treat!

It was probably the same Job’s Tears mask @eshoe

PSA: the fabulous @RGbrown posted on the Ulta thread (link below) that it now carries peach slices. 🤩 There’s currently only a handful of products online, including their Acne Spot Dots which I’ve found to be good, along with some wash off masks and a new snail mucin-based skincare line. 🐌 None of the brand’s sheet masks have appeared online (yet). 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWPs/m-p/5597928/highlight/true#M90071

1 Reply
testing