Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Suqqu is very nice @eshoe.

Their blushes look so pretty, @itsfi, though Iโ€™ve never tried them. I found out about the brand here from @Mochapjโ€™s posts. Their brushes look incredibly soft, too!

The aesthetics of the brand (and the quality) are great. Their brushes are nice too @eshoe

@eshoe  I bought a bunch of those Jigott masks a while back and still haven't had the chance to try any of them. Too bad this one wasn't too impressive . I'm usually the least excited about floral masks - the black snail, caviar, placenta and honey are probably the ones I'll try first. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hopefully the others are better - do you have more from the line?

I can see why youโ€™re not a fan of floral, @Shosh85. Iโ€™m curious-do you mean โ€˜black snailโ€™ or black charcoal masks in addition to the others? Just cut because Iโ€™ve never differentiated between snail ๐ŸŒ types in masks!

@eshoe  Nope, it's black snail - I don't think I've ever seen it either! ๐ŸŒ

I'm loving the scent description for the tube mask @eshoe what is the name of that one?

Suqqu Moisture Rich Mask, @lmaster. I felt like I could still detect it even while wearing a sheet mask, but it was pleasantly subtle๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@eshoe that hydrating mask sounds great! I agree though, it's always kind of hard to tissue things off, I always end up rinsing as well 

Yeah, I will try it out, @Kim888, but Iโ€™m guessing I will stick to just rinsing it off. It still felt plenty hydrating!

L is for Leaders

07E276DB-869B-4A88-977A-62A358C2286A.jpeg

Spoiler

Leaders Mediu Amino Clearing Mask

This is a thin, meshy cotton sheet mask that was saturated with serum and had a slightly strong floral scent, but it was tolerable enough. The fit was pretty good - a little too long at the chin and the sides of the forehead were a little too wide. The adherence was good except for the extra length at the chin that popped up a couple times. I removed it after a half hour and patted in the remaining serum. There was some light tackiness that stuck around for about 45 minutes. My face looked a little brighter and felt lightly moisturized and soft and smooth.

This mask was ok. The results were good but it just didn't wow me and I didn't love the scent. I'd use it again but probably wouldn't repurchase.

Side note: I find it funny that a lot of masks, (like this one) has the word "ingredients" written in English, but the actual ingredient list is in a different language ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿค” Here's the list in English:

Spoiler
520391AC-25C9-449C-BE93-BFBFDC39C9F0.jpeg

I agree, these Leaders are something I'd use but not purchase again @Shosh85.

@Shosh85, it's so interesting how different masks within the same line can vary, though it makes sense and speaks to how ingredients and the combination of them (and fragrance, too) play into how a mask performs for us. At least you know now that this is not a repurchase - sometimes I think with all the sheet masks we have and want to try out that knowing ones that are not repurchase-worthy can be such a good thing - for our wallets as well as our collections. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@itsfi  I feel like I liked these more when I first tried them, and don't remember the scent being as strong. I don't know if I'm just getting pickier to scent or if the scent just wasn't as strong in the first masks for some reason. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป

@Shosh85, I think we become more discerning and particular the more masks we try. Our preferences change too; and seriously, we have to be that way - there are just too many masks to choose from. ๐Ÿ˜‚ You're not picky, just discerning and selective. ๐Ÿ˜‰ It's what makes you the masking aficionado that you are. ๐Ÿ˜

@Shosh85 oh I'm so sorry this mask wasn't a winner for you ๐Ÿ˜”

@lmaster  Well they can't all be! Thank goodness for that! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Most scents in masks are tolerable if they arenโ€™t too strong, @Shosh85. doesnโ€™t sound like this was one of them! 

@eshoe  Yeah, this wasn't the strongest scent I've experienced from a mask, but it was almost headache-inducing ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Oh yikes @Shosh85. The longer I mask, the less inclined Iโ€™ve been to love a laundry-scented masks. Especially if you use scent-free detergent, would that be annoying! 

@Shosh85  Itโ€™s good it didnโ€™t wow you. Because of the scent was only tolerable it would need to knock off 20 years for it to be worth it ๐Ÿคฃ

1 Reply
testing