Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights 💮

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@lmaster  Well they can't all be! Thank goodness for that! 😂

Most scents in masks are tolerable if they aren’t too strong, @Shosh85. doesn’t sound like this was one of them! 

@eshoe  Yeah, this wasn't the strongest scent I've experienced from a mask, but it was almost headache-inducing 😬

Oh yikes @Shosh85. The longer I mask, the less inclined I’ve been to love a laundry-scented masks. Especially if you use scent-free detergent, would that be annoying! 

@Shosh85  It’s good it didn’t wow you. Because of the scent was only tolerable it would need to knock off 20 years for it to be worth it 🤣

@ather  Haha! Exactly. If the results were wowing enough, I might be able to look past the scent!

I feel the same way about this one, @Shosh85 - it's ok, but not the best Leader's has to offer. For a clearing mask, I much prefer their AC Clear one. 

@quspork  Yes! The AC-Free one is actually my favorite from the line so far! 😃👍

O is for oldie-but-goodie (PTR FirmX Peeling Gel is a staple in my library of skincare products - huge 'thank you' to the lovely @SAlyFitz for introducing this one to me! 💗).
L is for lemon-scented tea tree, which turns out to smell better than I expected. 😀
Mattifying.jpeg
Spoiler
The ultra thin 100% cotton linter Bemliese material of the Inna Organic Lemon-Scented Tea Tree Mattifying Facial Mask feels very soft and gentle against the skin, melding so beautifully that you don't feel like you're wearing a mask at all. What's more, this sheet mask, along with the others I have tried from this particular line are a good fit for my facial features, though large all around the perimeter of my face. I only made the smallest of incisions to the inner corner of the eye holes and the outer corner of the mouth so that the material would lay flat against my skin.

I was initially nervous about the scent as tea tree scented products are not usually ones my nose is fond of, but this one had a really nice combination of lemon and tea tree. You can definitely pick up the scent of both ingredients but neither is overwhelming. I removed the mask after about 20 minutes (though I could have kept it on longer if I had more time) and pressed in the remaining essence into my skin. There's the slightest bit of tack to the touch but that all but disappears as the skin fully absorbs the essence. To my surprise, the parts of my face that are typically more oily seemed less so (yes!!) and I did notice a slight mattifying (but not drying) effect all over, which I was happy with, and even happier when I noticed how well this was working as a primer before my concealer. ❤️ I've tried 4 of these Inna Organic sheet masks and this one is now the top rated among them. 😍
Peter Thomas Roth FIRMx™ Exfoliating Peel Gel 6.8 oz/ 200 mL 

That's awesome to hear the scent was better than expected @itsfi 🙌

Right @lmaster?!! I love lemon 🍋 but lemon scented things always make me wonder whether it will smell like fresh lemons or a cleaning product. 😬 The freshness of the lemon helps with tea tree oil scent, I think.

That's great to know! @itsfi 

So glad I waited to hear your top pick of the Inna Organic masks, @itsfi! Ever since you mentioned them, I’ve been eyeing them. The mattifying aspect makes me think that it *might* make a good day mask or even pre-event one. 

It worked out well for me as a morning mask yesterday @eshoe. All the masks I’ve tried so far from this line have been good. Hopefully the last one I have performs well, too.

@itsfi  I’m loving the Inna packaging!! And I have to say I haven’t tried the PTR mask yet so maybe a new mask for me to check out when my others are gone!

Me too @ather, the packaging on this line is pretty. 😍 The PTR is my favorite gommage peel. Every once in a while a DS becomes available in the Rewards Bazaar and that’s a good way to try it out.

@itsfi  Thanks for the tip. I’ll keep an eye out!

The Inna mask sounds great, @itsfi! I can't definitely see lemon and tea tree working out well together. 

It was a wonderful pairing @quspork! ♥️

@itsfi  The sheet mask sounds great! I've never heard of lemon-scented tea tree, but I'm glad to hear it was pleasant! 🍋😃

It was a first for me @Shosh85. The lemon did an excellent job of toning down the scent of the tea tree oil. 👍🏼 

1 Reply
testing