Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@itsfi  Ooh, that's exciting! I hope they eventually start carrying the sheet masks too!

It would be great if they did @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  Just took a quick look, and I already want to buy all the snail products ๐Ÿ˜‚๐ŸŒ

Little different for my masking tonight, 

1003202224.jpg

โ€ƒI think I got both of these in ulta gwp bags. Both,either way, are both New to me. 

I put the zitsticka on first, leaving it on overnight. It's not the most "invisible" feeling patch I used but it's also on my chin area so I'll overlook that. The patch itself comes in a little plastic pod. ๐Ÿค”directions were not that helpful, it told me to swatch clean the area first with the swab. ๐Ÿคทthere was no swab.  Will update tomorrow. 

Patchology night eye gels are my answer for eye gels. ๐Ÿ˜‚I have them but never use them- I don't mask in the morning. They were a bit tricky to get on & I ripped 2 small spots on one side but after I got them on. Awwwwww a nice cooling effect. Not to mention, they pretty. Shimmery blue pearl. These would be so great under a lavender mask. I wasn't expecting anything great-i know, consistency, but my under eye does feel hydrated but too bad I still have bags!๐Ÿ˜ Will have to try out a pack next order from Ulta.๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™ 

@sonnydee  Interesting the zit one had no wipes!! I have the cosrx zit ones and I just peel and place on my skin. 

@sonnydee  The Patchology gels sound great! I'll be interested to see if more consistent use makes a difference for you!

I checked today to see if they had any decent gwps @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜ƒ will have to add the travel pack for sure

Good to hear the Patchology worked out for you, @sonnydee! Their mood line ones are nice, too. How weird about the swab on the other one, though๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

๐Ÿคท @eshoe waking up. It didn't do much. I'll stick with my peace out or tcs patches. I think I may have some of the other pathology eye gels. Might have to check those out sooner than later @quspork 

The patchology eye gels are some nice ones, @sonnydee! I'd love to do some more comparing of their different ones- perhaps a future order soon (if we ever get another 20% off coupon!!). 

N is for Neogen - pulled this from The Masks On The Move box ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

90F2A9D7-562D-42A5-9BB2-6C3C0C6A9F37.jpeg

Spoiler

Neogen Dermalogy Super Hydra Aqua Capsule Mask

This is a two step mask. With the first step you are to snap the big capsule at the top of the packaging, releasing the ampoule onto the mask. You are then supposed to massage the package a little bit to ensure it's evenly distributed.

The second step is the mask. It is thin cotton and had a light scent that was like a mix of clean & fresh and floral. The fit was just ok - it was about 1.5 inches too long at the chin, not quite wide enough by the ears and the mouth hole was a bit too small. The adherence was great and it was comfortable to wear the half hour I had it on. There was some light tack that stuck around for about 15 minutes after removing the mask. My face felt soft, hydrated and moisturized and had a nice glow.

I really enjoyed this mask and would definitely repurchase. I feel like this one would especially be great for the winter/colder months.

9431D692-AA89-4D80-B717-22E18E50D069.jpeg

Various forms of HA high in the ingredients in the ampoule, sounds lovely @Shosh85. I will keep dreaming of cooler times ๐Ÿ˜‚

Yaaaaaaay that you found a great mask through motm @Shosh85 

@lmaster  Yup, I'm super happy I picked this one out! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I remember liking this one too, @Shosh85! Neogen likes those multi-step masks, some are better than others (like the Bears!). Happy to hear your skin ๐Ÿ’—โ€˜d it:)

@eshoe  I've really liked the Neogen masks I've tried, though, I'm not a big fan of the Alcohol Denat that I've seen the few I've tried. This one just might be my most favorite from the brand so far. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ahhh yes I forgot about that, @Shosh85๐Ÿง I see it in quite a few masks, including wash-offs, I guess itโ€™s the least expensive preservative option๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

This is a good one @Shosh85; itโ€™s one of the masks that made me reconsider my feelings on interactive masks. Happy to hear it gave you good results. 

@itsfi  I'm almost 100% positive that this has been my favorite interactive mask! What was it that you didn't like about them? 

@Shosh85, many of the ones I used early on when I first started sheet-masking didn't seem to work well for me - either not enough essence to fully coat the mask or the material for the mask wasn't comfortable (too thick, scratchy for my liking), or a combination of both. I've since discovered ones I like more, or perhaps there are better ones available now?, such as this Neogen one as well as ones from Urange and The Oozoo (the rose and honey ones are great).

Sounds like this one worked out well, @Shosh85

testing