Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@lmaster  So happy to hear you enjoyed this one! I have this and Matcha Tea on my list to order during the sale, since I seems like they have gotten the most positive reviews! πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘

@Shosh85 yep I love both of those,, I think some I've tried,,, the serum was not saturating the sheet and it gave me a not so great experience,, I'm curious if it's certain ingredients that's not allowing the serum to deeply penetrate the sheet or if it was some other reason

@lmaster  Sounds like this would be a nice hydrating one for the cooler weather! 

@PrettyPaint I really love this one,, it's a keeper πŸ˜†

This one sounds like one to try, @lmaster! Do you have any left of the clean version masks to try?

I'm pretty sure I've tried all the smaller clean sheets, I have a hemp one that I need to try still @eshoe 

N for Nature. thought I snapped a pic but guess not. Oh well, screen shot it is. The masks are already put away.πŸ˜ƒ Lavido 2 in 1 mask & exfoliater

Screenshot_20201003-002829.png

 

Fit? wash off mask

Smell?....not great. 😁 herbal. I would not want to smell like this on a regular basis

Consistency? It has some grit to it. Its also a ugly brownish yellow color. Not mustard. Maybe mustard, if it went bad...lol. It does dry down but only mild tightness. It was pretty comfortable. I think this might be a problem for sensitive skin, I don't have ss but I think the lemon oil made me 'aware' when i had this on. Maybe getting deep in my pores?🀷

Ease of use?it says to rinse off but when you had water, it just gets loose but stays put. I just grabbed an eraser 

Would I  purchase/try again? I got this in a ipsy bag & I've been curious about it. It did make my face feel fresh but too early to tell if this will do anything. Luckily, it's a big tube

Finished off the night with laneige lip mask in lemon

If I didn't have so much laneige to get through I would be tempted by the lemon. Have you tried the Sara Happ lemon @sonnydee? I'm curious how the scent/taste would compare though I'm not supposed to be licking that lip scrub..oops!

No i haven't tried Sara Happ anything @ShortErica . Wait! We aint supposed to eat lip scrubs?! πŸ˜³πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚

Hahaha @sonnydee! The fizz and bubble lip scrub @faeriegirl sent me directs you to lick it off vs the sara happ says not to ingest.

Hmmm... I’m not sure the scent on that mask would be for me @sonnydee, especially if it’s strong. 😬 Now, the Laneige lemon sorbet ... πŸ‹ it’s cold out today but whenever I read lemon sorbet, it makes me want some. 😝 

It definitely is strong @itsfi πŸ˜–

@sonnydee  I am SO tempted to get that Lemon Laneige, but I'm still ll working on the FS berry and I feel like I've had it forever! The lemon just sounds so yummy πŸ‹πŸ˜‹

They have a mini set with the lemon @Shosh85 πŸ˜‰ i got that first, I didn't know they were going to drop the fs. I gave away the berry as a gift

@sonnydee  Oooh, I'm pretty sure I have this too. The packaging looks familiar, so it must have been in my ipsy bag. Thanks for the warning about the lemon oil. I may need to spot test it. 

You can use it as a cleanser too @PrettyPaint 

Interesting point about the wash-off possibly getting deep into your pores, @sonnydee. Herbal as in tea tree?  

Herbal as in - I think I read black cumin (at least I'm thinking thats the main scent I'm picking up- its strong. Even after you rinse you still smell it. @eshoe you know how when you are squeezing lemons & get you get some on your hands & its been there a while so you become aware of it- that's the best way I can explain the feeling. It doesnt hurt really but you do wash your hands after

Cumin, @sonnydee πŸ˜³ sorry but that sounds really, really gross!

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ @eshoe  I cook with cumin often chili, stews. I dont know if black has the same scent but its strong. 

I use it for guac @sonnydee @and it both intrigues me as well as making me wish it weren’t needed. The scent is not pleasant, but it blends well.