Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@sonnydee  Oooh, I'm pretty sure I have this too. The packaging looks familiar, so it must have been in my ipsy bag. Thanks for the warning about the lemon oil. I may need to spot test it. 

You can use it as a cleanser too @PrettyPaint 

Interesting point about the wash-off possibly getting deep into your pores, @sonnydee. Herbal as in tea tree?  

Herbal as in - I think I read black cumin (at least I'm thinking thats the main scent I'm picking up- its strong. Even after you rinse you still smell it. @eshoe you know how when you are squeezing lemons & get you get some on your hands & its been there a while so you become aware of it- that's the best way I can explain the feeling. It doesnt hurt really but you do wash your hands after

Cumin, @sonnydee ๐Ÿ˜ณ sorry but that sounds really, really gross!

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ @eshoe  I cook with cumin often chili, stews. I dont know if black has the same scent but its strong. 

I use it for guac @sonnydee @and it both intrigues me as well as making me wish it werenโ€™t needed. The scent is not pleasant, but it blends well.

@sonnydee interesting!! Do you like the lemon lippie??

Well, you know I have both the mini that I first bought & then they came out with the LE fs. @lmaster the smell is not the strongest but I love lemon ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹ ๐Ÿ˜i figured i would use the lemon sorbet when I just want a hint. I hope they come out with orange

Oohhhh ๐ŸŠ!!! @sonnydee yes yes!!

M is for Milk and N is for Neogen 

Spoiler
I used the Neogen Probiotics relief mask this week. I had high hopes for this as I generally like the brand but it was disappointing. About the only good thing was the scent - it smelled really yummy - like candy. The fit was super weird - it was very narrow. I left it on for 20 minutes - I didnโ€™t find it particularly calming nor hydrating and it kind of like pilled up on my skin. 

I really like the milk makeup eyepatches! They are super cooling and depuffing and I love that they stick on so you can still walk around without them falling off

F7A3D2BC-9F01-40BC-8FCB-C981CA03B74F.jpeg

โ€ƒ

9E9FDB62-498C-4906-8B0A-4294D36645CD.jpeg

โ€ƒ

I'm convinced, gotta try these milk eye patches at some point. Too bad about the pilling with the neogen @Kim888!

Iโ€™ve been intrigued by that Neogen probiotics  line, including the mask @Kim888. Sorry to hear it pilled on you; is that something you experience with skincare containing probiotics? 

@itsfi @Not generally - I havenโ€™t used a ton but Iโ€™ve used the missha time revolution and samples of the Tula line and not had an issue with that 

Ugh pilling from a sheet mask sounds extremely annoying, @Kim888. Such a bummer, Neogen has some nice products but this sounds like a definite no-go! 

You just reminded me!! I have a pair of these ๐Ÿ˜† @Kim888 need to try them out

@Kim888 Too bad about the Neogen mask - at least the scent was enjoyable!

Tonight masking pampering me sess was for the week: Sephora clean cactus foot mask & Biobelle pumpkin oil & Maple extract sheet mask. Finished off the night with fresh caramel lip balm. 

First, Biobelle

Fit?a smidge extra everywhere really. Not to distracting but there

Smell? Light scent of pumpkin. Real pumpkin, not sugary goodness. It was pleasant

Consistency?the serum was pretty thin. Almost drippey 

Ease of use?no issues. I left this on until it started drying out. The serum soaked in almost immediately with no tack. 

Would I  purchase/try again?absolutely. I have more & even with extra half inch this mask is a solid one. 

1001202106a.jpg

โ€ƒAnd now the foot mask. 

1001202106.jpg

โ€ƒFit? Typical socks, i think they improved the tape. I didn't move around alot but I did have to get up & walk around once & they stayed put nicely without having to put soaks on

Smell?maybe sweet cactus? ๐Ÿคท

Consistency?i left this on for a good 30 min. Oh, if you have any cuts or bug bites that are fresh. This mask will find them. In the beginning, I had to pull the sock away from the said spot. Not the masks fault though. Its a thicker, whitish serum that you can actually see still on your feet when you remove the socks. 

Ease of use?no trouble. They are  marked with l& r

Would I  purchase/try again? After taking off this mask, my feet felt nice & silky but they were still covered with the serum so I just kept them away from anything. After a few minutes, the cream had soaked in but left my feet feeling sticky. No longer silky tor that I did anything to them really  but sticky๐Ÿ˜ Its even more sticky on top. On a positive note, this didn't eat my toe nail polish off. Unless I wake up with feet that feels like I did something nice for them. I wont be repurchasing. That being said, i do prefer 1 of the older masks over the other one. I think I really like the almond...๐Ÿค”

Your BioBelle mask + Fresh balm combination sounds wonderful @sonnydee. I may need to replicate that; making a note on my BioBelle mask - โ€œsonnydee with Fresh caramel balmโ€. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ any decadent mask smells always get me thinking of the caramel. But i think its my favorite so its ok. @itsfi i have a fs but i keep on the minis of it too. Neverrunout

@sonnydee ouch ๐Ÿ˜ž Reminds me of

Paper_Cut_Finder

testing