Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@quspork  It was great! Probably my favorite from the brand so far! ๐Ÿ‘

Sounds good for the winter months too @Shosh85 yay for a motm win!

@sonnydee  Yup! Definitely picked out a good one! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

My M masks...

First off, the Patchology Milk Peel (notable ingredients include lactic acid, coconut and soy milk, and green tea extract). It's just a 5 minute mask, but I think I kept it on for a good 15 minutes without irritation. I liked this one quite a bit. The serum was thinnish and milky. My skin looked smooth and a bit glowy afterwards.

I also used the Milk Makeup Cooling Water Eye Patches. Wow - these really stick strongly on the eye! They did seem to get rid of some puffiness. I felt a tiny bit of itchiness while wearing them, which made me nervous. I'm not totally sure why, though I suspect that it may just be because they adhere so closely to the eyes. There also looks to be lavender in them, and sometimes I'm a little sensitive to that. Overall, good, but I probably wouldn't repurchase.

MM

From your review the Milk eye patches don't seem like they would top the Skyn for me but tempt me to maybe try them once @PrettyPaint. No irritation and the results sound amazing for the Patchology one!

@PrettyPaint I honestly can say I've never seen a milk peel mask 

Iโ€™ve noticed some hydrogel masks itch around the edges, @PrettyPaint. Itโ€™s uncomfortable, and unfortunately results in early dismissal:/ Have you tried the Skyn eye gels yet?

Oh wow @PrettyPaint. Itโ€™s not often you hear that an undereye patch sticks so well. ๐Ÿ˜† You mentioned it containing lavender, can you smell the lavender in the eye mask?

Sounds like another win for patchology, @PrettyPaint

@PrettyPaint  The Patchology mask sounds wonderful! So happy it worked out so well for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Its too bad the Milk patches caused a little irritation! The stick-on type is my favorite kind!

I apologize if this was posted in another thread somewhere, but I just noticed this new set of masks that's out ๐Ÿ‘‡

SEPHORA COLLECTION The Vitamins Masks Kit 

Of course in all of them fragrance is super high and the star ingredient is low - and watermelon is higher than mango in the Mango mask ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป...... and yet I still feel compelled to buy them for some reason ๐Ÿ˜‚

Looks like you @Shosh85, @lmaster and whoever else can be Guinea pigs for me and others. Let us know how they are! ๐Ÿ˜

@ShortErica  I keep telling myself I'm not buying anymore Sephora masks because I just feel like they should have a better ingredients list for the price........ but it's so hard to resist new masks! ๐Ÿ˜‚

I'm definitely going to give them a go @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster  Nice! I'm so curious about them! I told myself wasn't going to buy any more Sephora masks, but this with the 20% off is a pretty good deal......... I guess we'll see if I cave ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Shosh85, I was super curious when I saw the tagged product since I hadnโ€™t seen the set before. ๐Ÿ˜ Then I read the part about the star ingredient being low on the list alcohol high. ๐Ÿ˜” Well, that means my very low, low-buy is still in play! ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi ohhhhhh alcohol??? @Shosh85 ugghhhh that might be a pass then

@lmaster  The ingredients don't show alcohol, just high fragrance.... @itsfi, did you mean to write alcohol?

Lol @Shosh85 @itsfi phewwww!! 

Ack! Sorry @Shosh85 @lmaster! I thought alcohol was high up on the list of ingredients. Oops. ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

@itsfi  Unfortunately it seems the key ingredient being low and fragrance being high, is something all these Sephora masks have in common. I just did a quick glance through all the Sephora masks, (both the original and clean versions) and ALL of them had fragrance higher than their key ingredient, with the exception of the Aloe one - which has Aloe Juice higher than fragrance but the Aloe extract is lower.
Also, just because I thought it was interesting, in the ingredients list of the Coconut clean mask, fragrance is higher than coconut, but Watermelon is higher than them both! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿค” (there's no watermelon in the original version ๐Ÿ˜†)

Sephora Clean Coconut Mask ingredients:
FA1AE474-54E6-44C4-A543-51AA73F0A9BF.jpeg

1 Reply
testing