Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@PrettyPaint I really love this one,, it's a keeper ๐Ÿ˜†

This one sounds like one to try, @lmaster! Do you have any left of the clean version masks to try?

I'm pretty sure I've tried all the smaller clean sheets, I have a hemp one that I need to try still @eshoe 

N for Nature. thought I snapped a pic but guess not. Oh well, screen shot it is. The masks are already put away.๐Ÿ˜ƒ Lavido 2 in 1 mask & exfoliater

Screenshot_20201003-002829.png

โ€ƒ

Fit? wash off mask

Smell?....not great. ๐Ÿ˜ herbal. I would not want to smell like this on a regular basis

Consistency? It has some grit to it. Its also a ugly brownish yellow color. Not mustard. Maybe mustard, if it went bad...lol. It does dry down but only mild tightness. It was pretty comfortable. I think this might be a problem for sensitive skin, I don't have ss but I think the lemon oil made me 'aware' when i had this on. Maybe getting deep in my pores?๐Ÿคท

Ease of use?it says to rinse off but when you had water, it just gets loose but stays put. I just grabbed an eraser 

Would I  purchase/try again? I got this in a ipsy bag & I've been curious about it. It did make my face feel fresh but too early to tell if this will do anything. Luckily, it's a big tube

Finished off the night with laneige lip mask in lemon

If I didn't have so much laneige to get through I would be tempted by the lemon. Have you tried the Sara Happ lemon @sonnydee? I'm curious how the scent/taste would compare though I'm not supposed to be licking that lip scrub..oops!

No i haven't tried Sara Happ anything @ShortErica . Wait! We aint supposed to eat lip scrubs?! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hahaha @sonnydee! The fizz and bubble lip scrub @faeriegirl sent me directs you to lick it off vs the sara happ says not to ingest.

Hmmm... Iโ€™m not sure the scent on that mask would be for me @sonnydee, especially if itโ€™s strong. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ Now, the Laneige lemon sorbet ... ๐Ÿ‹ itโ€™s cold out today but whenever I read lemon sorbet, it makes me want some. ๐Ÿ˜ 

It definitely is strong @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜–

@sonnydee  I am SO tempted to get that Lemon Laneige, but I'm still ll working on the FS berry and I feel like I've had it forever! The lemon just sounds so yummy ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ˜‹

They have a mini set with the lemon @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜‰ i got that first, I didn't know they were going to drop the fs. I gave away the berry as a gift

@sonnydee  Oooh, I'm pretty sure I have this too. The packaging looks familiar, so it must have been in my ipsy bag. Thanks for the warning about the lemon oil. I may need to spot test it. 

You can use it as a cleanser too @PrettyPaint 

Interesting point about the wash-off possibly getting deep into your pores, @sonnydee. Herbal as in tea tree?  

Herbal as in - I think I read black cumin (at least I'm thinking thats the main scent I'm picking up- its strong. Even after you rinse you still smell it. @eshoe you know how when you are squeezing lemons & get you get some on your hands & its been there a while so you become aware of it- that's the best way I can explain the feeling. It doesnt hurt really but you do wash your hands after

Cumin, @sonnydee ๐Ÿ˜ณ sorry but that sounds really, really gross!

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ @eshoe  I cook with cumin often chili, stews. I dont know if black has the same scent but its strong. 

I use it for guac @sonnydee @and it both intrigues me as well as making me wish it werenโ€™t needed. The scent is not pleasant, but it blends well.

@sonnydee interesting!! Do you like the lemon lippie??

Well, you know I have both the mini that I first bought & then they came out with the LE fs. @lmaster the smell is not the strongest but I love lemon ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹ ๐Ÿ˜i figured i would use the lemon sorbet when I just want a hint. I hope they come out with orange

Oohhhh ๐ŸŠ!!! @sonnydee yes yes!!

2 Replies
testing