Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask with a Partner! @Alphaboo gives us this weekโ€™s fun challenge: Letโ€™s make an excuse to mask togetherโ˜บ๏ธ

Letter of the Week:  T

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

M is for Milky glow

IMG_20200923_113243964.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
This sheet was thicker but flexible, scent was nice and sweet,,serum was milky and a bit chunky, kinda interesting to see a few chunks in the sleeve. The fit was long at the forehead, a bit short at the cheeks, didn't cover my whole cheek area,, thick philtrum area as well. Left it on for 10 minutes, after removing, I noticed tackiness that lasted about ten minutes, but my skin did feel a bit more hydrated and looked nourished. I wasn't especially blown away by this mask, pretty packaging, nice scent, mediocre results, I wouldn't seek this one out but would use again if it came to me, I'm giving it a C-IMG_20200923_113255549.jpg

โ€ƒ

@lmaster  Well, they can't all be repurchases! Glad it was at least decent ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85 very true!! 

Too bad this one was more lackluster, @lmaster, the packaging is so pretty!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

E for Expensive & Extreme measure Omorovicza UltraMoor mud mask Fit? it's a mud mask Smell?strong, herbal. You don't really smell it on Consistency? grey clay, but creamy. Easily spreadable with a brush Ease of use? it does dry & tighten. Not GG tight but it's noticeable.. Would I  purchase/try again?yes, I have a couple of DS & would buy a FS if I had to, when I'm out. Around the holidays they usually put out mask/products sets, this mask is expensive & a set makes the price a bit easier to swallow. A DS size would give you multiple applications. I only use it when my face is really acting up {Extreme measure} & its lasted me. ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค that price though๐Ÿ˜ฃ

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

I suppose itโ€™s time to start thinking about holiday sets, @sonnydee - this is a good reminder! The smaller jars are better for this brand, it seems-less chance they will expire before you can make it through the entire jar:)

@sonnydee  Definitely a hefty price tag, but I'm happy to hear this helps your skin!

Love your Eโ€™s for this mask @sonnydee! ๐Ÿ–ค The scent on Omorovicza products are stronger than I usually care for, but I will try to push through it most of the time for their masks!  ๐Ÿ˜‚ The holiday sets they put out are some of the best bang for your buck sets out there! Expensive but effective!! โ™ฅ๏ธ

Hitting D and W is the Dr. Jart Water Replenishment Mask. 

Possibly the only Dr. Jart mask I can even consider using anymoreโ€”and even this one irritates me a bit. :(Possibly the only Dr. Jart mask I can even consider using anymoreโ€”and even this one irritates me a bit. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Notes: 

Spoiler

Claims: Replenishes moisture barrier; soothes and hydrates skin. 

Ingredients: Matricaria flower water at 2nd place is good! Witch hazel at 7th place is not. Collagen, ehโ€ฆ juryโ€™s still out on that. But hyaluronic acid, cactus flower, panthenol, and olive are sure bets. What really impresses me about this list is the absence of yucky essential oils Dr. Jart often puts in their masks. Added fragrance is present, but at least itโ€™s in last place. 

Spoiler

Water, Chamomillia Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Water, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycerin, PEG-32, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Glycereth-26, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Panthenol, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Arginine, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 

Performance: This stiff, medium-thick, cotton sheet was covered with nearly all the clear gel serum. All the holes fit fine, but there was enough bunching along the sides to make me cut a narrow wedge out of each side of the mask, between temple and jaw, and then pull the sheet together for a much smoother fit. The philtrum was slightly too tall but I didnโ€™t cut it shorter. 

This mask smelled like baby powder. Not annoying to me or strong enough to induce sneezing or headaches, but very present. Around the 10 minute mark, I started to feel pre-burn tingling on various parts of my face. I stuck it out for another 5 minutes before removing the sheet. It was so juicy, I couldโ€™ve gone a full 45 or more minutes with this mask if I wasnโ€™t worried about irritation. But nope, I only did a full 15 minutes and then spent 3 minutes massaging and pressing residual serum into my skin. I had no tack or pilling afterward. 

Results: Well hydrated and mildly dewy skin. My face wasnโ€™t as plumped up as itโ€™s been after some other hydrating masks, but it did feel hydrated and a bit moisturized. This mask didnโ€™t do much for my redness; eh, chamomile usually doesnโ€™t. Unfortunately, it also didnโ€™t soothe other irritation: I still felt a little tingling, especially anywhere Iโ€™d applied my 9% BHA spot treatment. To calm that down and moisturize my skin, I patted 2 drops of Herbivore Emerald CBD Oil on my whole face. 

Had this mask contained chamomile flower extract instead of water, and omitted witch hazel, it wouldโ€™ve caused less or no irritation. Since thatโ€™s not the case, this mask is a pass for me. I donโ€™t see this mask on Dr. Jartโ€™s site, so I assume theyโ€™ve discontinued it. I wouldnโ€™t buy it again even if it was still available. I have too many better hydrating masks that donโ€™t irritate my face. 

RE: Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Hmmmm I didnโ€™t know cactus flower is such a promising ingredient, @WinglessOne. Iโ€™m going to have to keep my eyes out for that one. Thank you for the tip;)

@WinglessOne  Darn why must they use irritating ingredients 

@WinglessOne  I haven't been a big fan of the masks from this brand and there's only 2 that I'd repurchase if I saw TJ Maxx. If it's being discontinued, I guess it's a good thing you don't love it ๐Ÿ˜‰

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

I've been keeping my skincare routine much more safe lately. I dug out the Ole Henriksen PHAT mask, it's not weird BUT it changes from pink to white as you rub it in. unimpressed face brought to gou by losing my grandmother's birthday present

@Nickelliebear1  I've heard good things about this mask! How are you liking it?

So sorry about your grandmothers present! ๐Ÿ˜ข

How tingly is the PHAT mask, @Nickelliebear1? Have you used the Herbivore Prism or DE babyfacial and how does it compare?

@haleyvvvv I haven't used either (even though I keep trying to figure out a loophole to get DE to this side of the border).  Normally PHAT is a barely noticable warming sensation for me- yesterday it was a little bit more noticable. 

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Another lightweight sleeping mask for my beauty sleep tonight. This time itโ€™s TonyMoly Iโ€™m Rose. Itโ€™s very light and leave a very thin smooth coating over my skin. I would call it a good decent budget mask. I actually have used it during the day when Iโ€™m sitting hours at the computer near an AC vent and it helps a touch on top of lightweight lotions in addition to my serums.

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@Weetart Sounds like the perfect touch of moisture ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐ŸŒน

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Is this mask scented @Weetart ?

RE: Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Lightly, it fades pretty quickly. But just enough if you are just about to pass out.

This will be for the "masking pet peeves" theme. 

I enjoy masking as a way to help me relax, so a masking pet peeve of mine would be when a mask stresses me out because it is uncomfortable, restrictive, ill-fitting, etc.

The Sephora Collection Rose Gold Mask just did not fit me very well, unfortunately. It's a foil mask and contains rose quartz extract to hydrate/soften skin. The serum seemed just fine (though a little heavily scented); the fit just did not work for me. It may be that I just don't care for foil masks in general.

The foil was thick and heavy feeling, it didn't lie flat on my face due to the folds, it was too big everywhere, and it didn't want to stay on my face. The nose portion fit so poorly that I was having trouble breathing (as in there was an audible sound when I tried to breathe through my nose). It fit so loosely on my face that not much serum was able to absorb into my skin. And now that I look at the photo of the mask, the face looks kind of angry/mean.

rgmask.jpg

Ingredients:

Spoiler
Aqua (Water), Butylene Glycol, Lecithin, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydroxyacetophenone, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Allium Chinense Bulb Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycosyl, Trehalose, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Quartz.
Photos1,726
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg