Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

***2022 Mask of the Week Challenge***

Open for input and suggestionsπŸ‘‡πŸΌ

Spoiler

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: πŸ‘» Spook-tacular Masks! Bats, ghosts, and all other scary skin treatsπŸ¦‡

Letter of the Week:  R

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@Shosh85that’s Cony from Line Friends.  She dates Brown the bear.  :D.  I swear Line Friends is some of the best marketing I’ve ever seen for an app.  They were originally stickers for a messaging ap but they’ve become their own entity.  

@heartsmyface  Oh nice. I new her name was Cony, but didn't know she dates Brown πŸ˜‰ I also had no idea they were originally stickers for an app! The Line Friends characters certainly are super cute! 😊

Oh wow! I feel like I need to learn more about the characters other than their cuteness. Thanks for the info @Shosh85 @heartsmyface!

@ShortErica  @heartsmyface I didn't even know about them until a couple years back when I bought masks with different characters on them and had to research who they were πŸ˜‰

@ShortErica the milk mask is really making me thirsty πŸ˜† glad you had some good A masks

I don't know if it's good or bad @lmaster. They have all been enjoyable but I guess that makes the standard pretty high for what to repurchase or at least theoretically should. πŸ˜‚

I have seen this pop up on here but dont remember the details/if its a fave but I didn't get to the masks of fall so using this from my stash. Also a first impression. Yea. Yea. Igotabigstash.😜Too cool for school pumpkin sleeping mask

Fit? Its a wash off mask

Smell?.....so disappointed. Not.Pumpkin.At.All. 

Clean, typical sheet mask smell

Consistency?I think it may have a tinge of orange in it but it couldve been the lighting. But its a pretty medium thick cream. Its spreads easily. And surprisingly soaks in! I slathered it on & still had more left so I used the rest on my hands

Ease of use?no issues

Would I  purchase/try again? At first, the disappointment of the smell almost took over & i was going to destash- I have other sleeping masks so if its not special, its gets gone. But it soaked in so quietly & quickly, its performance changed my mind. I woke up to skin soft, great looking skin. Looking forward to see more long term effects- exfoliating that it promises!

And a mask  I used sometime last week...its a love. I keep a stash! 

0922201225.jpg0922201226.jpg

  

Oh, I definitely thought that was the sheet mask at first with the picture. So interesting to hear about this sleeping mask, it sounds like it was lovely, @sonnydee!!

If only it smelled like pumpkin @haleyvvvv 

If only, @sonnydee. Maybe while using a pumpkin candle? Or eating pumpkin pie?

I can always use the summer fridays mask & then this one. That should satisfy my pumpkin scent craving! πŸ˜‚πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ@haleyvvvv

@sonnydee  Happy to hear the results from the TCFS made up for the lack of pumpkin scent! I haven't tried the sleeping pack yet, but I have tried the sheet mask and wasn't too impressed. 

Did it at least smell like pumpkin? @Shosh85 I think I have 2 of the sheet masks..i bought 2 sets I saw at TJ or M. It had a generous size of the sleeping mask & the sheet mask. 

@sonnydee  Unfortunately, the sheet mask did not smell like pumpkin ☹️ To me, it had a sort of perfumy scent.

Why?!πŸ˜•πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ @Shosh85 good thing  l only have 2. 

I know @sonnydee scent can be a game changer,, glad you gave it a good run! Sounds great

Its such a let down @lmaster πŸ€¦but at least it performed well. 

I love those pleasant surprise masks @sonnydee. You almost write them off and then they win you over. Let us know about the long term effects.

Will do, I have 2 good size tubes of it @ShortErica 

Masque Bar's Animalz Moose Sheet Mask was on the menu for Monday morning's masking

Mountie Moose.jpeg

The choice to go with Masque Bar's Animalz Moose Sheet Mask yesterday morning was inspired by @haleyvvvv's use of the polar bear mask from the same line last week and N is for neutral, which is how I feel about the mask itself. Like I expect of all sheet masks, it provides light hydration, at a minimum. There's nothing wrong or bad about this mask, but it's also not a standout of any sort - the animal illustrations on the packaging and the mask itself are cute but there are other sheet masks out there that have similarly cute designs that perform the same if not better than this one. It's one that can be entertaining to use and I would include in a gift because of the charm factor, but not one that I consider a must have.

Masque Bar Moose.jpeg

I am not neutral about that photo, @itsfi!! Squee what a cute moose. Totally feel the same way about these masks. Like I want to grab the Unicorn and Dragon ones because of cuteness, but knowing it'll be likely meh, makes me hold off for a bit.