Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

So pretty @heartsmyface! The flowers masks are pretty too! Maybe mugwort extract? That's one that's been a traditionally popular Korean skincare ingredient that is coming back around in popularity again. My skin likes it. How were the results from this mask? 

@itsfi   ThΓ© mugwort is probably it! It just got lost in translation.  The mugwort also puts me in this weeks M theme and explains why my skin felt so soothed.  It’s been a little sensitive since I started using the Tria laser again.  
My skin still felt sticky when I woke up.  There was a thick slimy film I washed off this morning but my skin feels amazing!  It’s so evenly hydrated and I haven’t even done my morning skincare yet.  they need to put that night cream in a jar and sell it!  I highly highly recommend this to anyone with dry skin who doesn’t mind a little stickiness.  A+++

@heartsmyface, going to look for this one for the wintertime. Will look to see whether you can buy just the sleeping mask. The hydration you got from it sounds absolutely fantastic!! β™₯️

0920202118.jpg

 I didnt necessarily want to go glam tonight. I wanted more of a feel-good mask. And the promise of warming sensation won me over. It does promise a glow though!

And this is also my first impression, πŸ™€ shocking I know!  The thickness scared my oily skin. 

Fit? Its a thick, gooey goodness. Spreads ok enough using your hand but a spatula would help (ive read that it does come with one )

Smell? Maybe honey? If its there its faint

Consistency?thick, comes out of the jar looking like opaque honey but rubbing it in turns white 

Ease of use?no issues

Would I  purchase/try again? It does deliver on the promises:

What Else You Need to Know: This honey face mask warms up when applied, providing a luxurious sensation. It also rinses off easily, leaving your skin feeling soft and supple. Known for its soothing and humectant properties, Farmacyβ€˜s special antioxidant-rich honey supplies nourishing hydration while glycerin attracts moisture.

I do have more foils to try out, might pick up a small jar. I think this is a good cooler weather mask. Today was cool & misting the entire day so it was a good one to use & warm up toπŸ€—

Yes, this is such a great mask, @sonnydee!! It is so great for cooler weather. So glad you enjoyed!!

A success story of shopping your stash! @haleyvvvv πŸ―

@sonnydee   I LOVE the warming effect on this one - so cozy! Definitely a perfect mask for cold weather! Glad to hear it worked out well for you! πŸ˜ƒπŸ―

I know I have more foils, hoping I have a ds but either way, going to use it when the weather gets colder @Shosh85 

This is one of my favorite masks @sonnydee, especially in the wintertime! Love honey as a skincare ingredient. πŸ― Did your skin have any negative reactions in the days that followed?

Nope, nothing negative so far @itsfi & I know my face enough that it would let me know pretty quicklyπŸ™€πŸ˜• except for toners- they can sometimes sneak up on me. 😞

@sonnydee  Oh wow, I’m glad you tried this one out. I’m definitely a fan. 

Me too! @PrettyPaint I have the smaller gift set in my loves list, its currently oos... 

That sounds like a good first impression. I'll join @sonnydee from a day ago and we can be in the haven't tried the Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 g club.

Yay! The more the merrier! @ShortErica 

I honestly can't believe you've never tried this one before @sonnydee πŸ˜†

I have foils of it @lmaster but i.skip over it, anything really thick, deeply hydrating scares me but this actually rinsed clean but left my skin soft. I think in the winter I would appreciate it even more- ahhhhh, could you imagine a foot mask in this?!🀀

Ohhhh @sonnydee slather this all over your feet and wrap with saran wrap πŸ˜†

And cover with socks so we can get around. You know us moms cant be down for a extended amount of time πŸ˜‚@lmaster 

@sonnydee that's no joke!! I don't get to sit down until the kids go to bed!! 

Awww yes, good times. @lmaster πŸ˜΄πŸ“Ί

@sonnydee  Best idea ever!!!

3 Replies