Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 Mask of the Week Challenge 😌💖

***2022 Mask of the Week Challenge***

Open for input and suggestions👇🏼

Spoiler

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: 👻 Spook-tacular Masks! Bats, ghosts, and all other scary skin treats🦇

Letter of the Week:  R

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

6D8CC5D9-96E8-4310-9A8F-81ACD0BB4BEA.jpeg

Aw darn it, I’m still in L mode.  Oh well.  This mask was super hydrating.  The first part was two flower point masks.  The serum was slimy and wonderful with a strong floral scent.  It claims to be whitening and wrinkle reducing with ginger ginseng, honey, wine, motherwart extract? And saffron juice. 
The second part is a night mask that needs to be rinsed off in the morning.  It has no discernable scent.  My skin feels sticky (probably the honey?) but definitely doesn’t feel like it will be worn off by morning.  We’ll see.  

77D8FC19-8D43-4ACA-942E-E22582217430.jpeg

@heartsmyface  Awe, the flowers are so pretty! These kinds of masks are always fun to use! 🌸🌺

The sleeping mask looks so thick! Was it easy to spread around? Looks like a great winter time/cold weather mask!

@Shosh85 @Yeah.  It was near the same consistency as Belif Aqua Bomb except maybe more oily?  

Wow that looks thick @heartsmyface did you say that was in the sheet mask, as a two step?

@lmaster  Sorry for any confusion.  It’s a two step mask.  The photos posted in the wrong order.   The flower point mask was step one.   The cream gel in my hand is the second step which is the overnight face mask which you apply after removing the flowers.  

That sounds amazing!! And wow they include a good amount of product @heartsmyface 

So pretty @heartsmyface! The flowers masks are pretty too! Maybe mugwort extract? That's one that's been a traditionally popular Korean skincare ingredient that is coming back around in popularity again. My skin likes it. How were the results from this mask? 

@itsfi   Thé mugwort is probably it! It just got lost in translation.  The mugwort also puts me in this weeks M theme and explains why my skin felt so soothed.  It’s been a little sensitive since I started using the Tria laser again.  
My skin still felt sticky when I woke up.  There was a thick slimy film I washed off this morning but my skin feels amazing!  It’s so evenly hydrated and I haven’t even done my morning skincare yet.  they need to put that night cream in a jar and sell it!  I highly highly recommend this to anyone with dry skin who doesn’t mind a little stickiness.  A+++

@heartsmyface, going to look for this one for the wintertime. Will look to see whether you can buy just the sleeping mask. The hydration you got from it sounds absolutely fantastic!! ♥️

0920202118.jpg

 I didnt necessarily want to go glam tonight. I wanted more of a feel-good mask. And the promise of warming sensation won me over. It does promise a glow though!

And this is also my first impression, 🙀 shocking I know!  The thickness scared my oily skin. 

Fit? Its a thick, gooey goodness. Spreads ok enough using your hand but a spatula would help (ive read that it does come with one )

Smell? Maybe honey? If its there its faint

Consistency?thick, comes out of the jar looking like opaque honey but rubbing it in turns white 

Ease of use?no issues

Would I  purchase/try again? It does deliver on the promises:

What Else You Need to Know: This honey face mask warms up when applied, providing a luxurious sensation. It also rinses off easily, leaving your skin feeling soft and supple. Known for its soothing and humectant properties, Farmacy‘s special antioxidant-rich honey supplies nourishing hydration while glycerin attracts moisture.

I do have more foils to try out, might pick up a small jar. I think this is a good cooler weather mask. Today was cool & misting the entire day so it was a good one to use & warm up to🤗

Yes, this is such a great mask, @sonnydee!! It is so great for cooler weather. So glad you enjoyed!!

A success story of shopping your stash! @haleyvvvv 🍯

@sonnydee   I LOVE the warming effect on this one - so cozy! Definitely a perfect mask for cold weather! Glad to hear it worked out well for you! 😃🍯

I know I have more foils, hoping I have a ds but either way, going to use it when the weather gets colder @Shosh85 

This is one of my favorite masks @sonnydee, especially in the wintertime! Love honey as a skincare ingredient. 🍯 Did your skin have any negative reactions in the days that followed?

Nope, nothing negative so far @itsfi & I know my face enough that it would let me know pretty quickly🙀😕 except for toners- they can sometimes sneak up on me. 😞

@sonnydee  Oh wow, I’m glad you tried this one out. I’m definitely a fan. 

Me too! @PrettyPaint I have the smaller gift set in my loves list, its currently oos... 

That sounds like a good first impression. I'll join @sonnydee from a day ago and we can be in the haven't tried the Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 g club.

Yay! The more the merrier! @ShortErica 

I honestly can't believe you've never tried this one before @sonnydee 😆

8 Replies