Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

This is one of my favorite masks @sonnydee, especially in the wintertime! Love honey as a skincare ingredient. ๐Ÿฏ Did your skin have any negative reactions in the days that followed?

Nope, nothing negative so far @itsfi & I know my face enough that it would let me know pretty quickly๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ˜• except for toners- they can sometimes sneak up on me. ๐Ÿ˜ž

@sonnydee  Oh wow, Iโ€™m glad you tried this one out. Iโ€™m definitely a fan. 

Me too! @PrettyPaint I have the smaller gift set in my loves list, its currently oos... 

That sounds like a good first impression. I'll join @sonnydee from a day ago and we can be in the haven't tried the Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 g club.

Yay! The more the merrier! @ShortErica 

I honestly can't believe you've never tried this one before @sonnydee ๐Ÿ˜†

I have foils of it @lmaster but i.skip over it, anything really thick, deeply hydrating scares me but this actually rinsed clean but left my skin soft. I think in the winter I would appreciate it even more- ahhhhh, could you imagine a foot mask in this?!๐Ÿคค

Ohhhh @sonnydee slather this all over your feet and wrap with saran wrap ๐Ÿ˜†

And cover with socks so we can get around. You know us moms cant be down for a extended amount of time ๐Ÿ˜‚@lmaster 

@sonnydee that's no joke!! I don't get to sit down until the kids go to bed!! 

Awww yes, good times. @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ“บ

@sonnydee  Best idea ever!!!

Hopefully someone from Farmacy thinks so too or that would be a expensive foot mask!  or a good way to use up a close to expired jar! ๐Ÿฏ@PrettyPaint

Glad to hear this one worked out well for you, @sonnydee! A little warm up for a cool day 

Me too @quspork i think Im definitely going to use again in the winter

Went with a green theme, as I continue working my way through the rainbow theme. These also fit into this week's letters of the week themes, with an O for Origins, as well as a sheet mask with an odious scent for my taste, a slightly ocean-scented resurfacing treatment, and an overnight mask that happens to be an oldie (another O) and a love (an L), and some TLC for the lips. 

Green rainbow.jpeg

Spoiler

The wash-off masks and the Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Sleeping Mask are ones Iโ€™ve used before and enjoy. Glow Recipe no longer makes this overnight mask; the new version contains retinol, which my skin can be very sensitive to so itโ€™s not one Iโ€™ll likely pick up. The original version is a moisturizing overnight mask for my skin in the cooler months. It makes a nice follow up to Peach & Lily Super Reboot Resurfacing Mask, which Iโ€™ve been using weekly on my chin and along my jawline to keep my pores clean and clear. Itโ€™s a 10% AHA / 0.5% BHA formulation with a soft floral and lightly oceanic scent; and just look at that color!!! Is it blue? Green? A combination of both? Probably the latter, but to keep to my green color of the rainbow theme, weโ€™ll say itโ€™s more green. lol.  

While it may be a stretch to say the Peach & Lily mask is green in color, thereโ€™s no doubting the green color of the Sephora Collection The Seaweed Mask, an one-piece, ill-scented hydrogel mask that is one of the better fitting sheet masks for my face shape and features. Thatโ€™s rare but this will not be a repurchase for me โ€“ the scent on this mask is fortunately, not strong, but sadly, it is extremely unpleasant and it lingers a bit longer than I cared. It reminds me of the stinky smell from the kelp that washes up on the beach and the various rotting organisms tied up in the kelp. Ick. If that werenโ€™t enough to steer me away from this mask again (it is!), the irritation my skin experienced most certainly is.  
Green hydrogel.jpeg
The redness eventually went away and I did use Origins Hello, Calm mask to help it along. I initially received a sample of the Hello, Calm before it launched, and after using it, I've picked up a full size and this prom size as well. I know that many are not fond of the scent on the scent on this Origins mask, but it is so much better than the scent on the seaweed mask and the mask is both calming for my senses and my face.

Lip care included the Smashbox Mindful 5 Nourishing Lip Oil in the morning and the LabNo Cicaloe Intensive Lip Balm in the evening, both of which I've used before. The Smashbox Lip Oil isn't greasy, goopy, tacky or sticky; it is actually glides on more like a light balm-gloss than an oil and melts into the lips very easily. I like it as a prep for my lip products when I'm getting ready. The LabNo lip balm includes two ingredients I really like - centella asiatica and aloe - that work together to hydrate and soothe the lips. It actually feels more like a nourishing cream for the lips than a balm, and is one I'd recommend for those with very dry and/or sensitive lips.

Origins Hello Calmโ„ข Relaxing & Hydrating Face Mask with Hemp Seed Oil 2.5 oz/ 75 mL 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Sea Weed Mask 

Smashbox Mindful 5 Nourishing Lip Oil 

@itsfi  Boo! Sorry the sheet mask didn't go so well! Thanks for saving me from buying this one - that scent alone would be a big fat NO for me too! 
Have you tried The Creme Shop Sea Kelp Masquerade Eye Mask? I believe that one has brown algae in it and I was just curious if that caused a reaction for you. ๐Ÿค”

@itsfi  Oh yikes! Sorry you had a bad reaction. One of my worst reactions to a skincare product was an ingredient that had something to do with the sea, but to this day I donโ€™t remember what the ingredient or product was. Whatever it was, my eyes were swollen shut for a couple of days.

Also, I love that you managed to squeeze the word odious in there. 

Yeah @PrettyPaint, I always have a little hesitation when it comes to seaweed / kelp ingredients. I seem to be fine with spirulina. So far, it looks like I'm okay with micro-algae, but my skin has a more challenging time with products containing macro-algae. At least, that's what I've gleaned so far, but I haven't really dug deep in my research. I'll just make avoiding similar products the rule and maybe occasionally make an exception if the algae type ingredient isn't the star ingredient or very far up on the list. Ha - yes, I was trying to think of an "O" tie-in and odious eventually came to mind. lol. I feel like I should play Scrabble when I'm sheet masking, or when I'm posting my reviews, as more uncommon words seem to come to mind when I'm doing those things. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi  Yes! I have a suspicion it may be algae, but I didn't realize there were different types. It's definitely something I should probably do some research on. As a general rule, I tend to avoid putting sea-related products anywhere near my eyes. The rest of my face can generally handle some abuse, but anywhere close to my eyes always makes me nervous. 

3 Replies
testing