Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights 💮

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Is that just with the watermelon version or generally for all the Sephora sheet masks @lmaster?

I feel like the ones I didn't like we're mainly the feel and texture of the sheet, I didn't notice such a huge problem with the matcha, lychee and Spirulina sheets

@itsfi  Love the vintage look of the Glam and Glow mask! Sounds like it turned out great! 
Sorry if I missed it, but what did this one smell like? Seeing Apple so high in the ingredients would make me hope for an Apple scent 😉🤔

Me too @Shosh85! I think the look and style of the packaging dovetails nicely with the "Timeless Beauty" brand name. 😍 Oh my goodness, I can't believe I forgot to say something about the scent, especially as I wanted to specifically mention that it did not smell great at all to me. It dissipates quickly which is a blessing, but it has the scent of vitamin C serum. I've heard the smell of a vitamin C serum described as hot dog water and yeah, I think that's not too far off. Eek! 😬😯☹️ If only it smelled like apples, Shosh! Again, it does fade away, thankful for that.

@itsfi   The thought of hot dog water makes me gag.  😂😅🤭

Yeah, the best part was when it faded away @heartsmyface!

@itsfi  I feel like a lot of the Vitamin C products I've used have a citrus cleaner kind of scent...... but hot dog water!?! Oh my! I feel grossed out, yet intrigued by that description. I think I'm weird enough that I might actually prefer hot dog water scent to citrus cleaner.. haha! 😂 Just out of curiosity, do you happen to remember where you got this hot-dog-water mask? 🤔😉

@Shosh85, hahaha! I love your curiosity and adventurous spirit, Shosh! You're awesome. This was part of a unicorn mail, but they sell these on amazon, in a pack of 3. Some vitamin C have a smell that to me was not something I could describe and then one day, I think I was perusing the beauty counters inside a store (so a while back! lol) and I overheard one of the sales associate warn a customer beforehand that a particular vitamin C serum didn't have a great smell and that it smelled a little of hot dog water. You know that moment when you realize, "yes, that's what it is?!!" well, I had that moment when I overheard that comment. 😅 It was like when Cher from Clueless suddenly realized that she is in love with Josh 😂🤣😂 but minus the lights, fountains and music in the background without the montages leading up to that realization. 

clueless i love josh gif.gif

thanks for the Clueless gif @itsfi ...you're speaking my language. 😂  what was the exact line? "totally, completely, head-over heels, butt-crazy in love w/josh"? lol, at least I thought I remembered the butt-crazy part from somewhere.  used to have the whole movie memorized lol. 😉 🤗

thankfully I've never come across a vit. C serum of that variety.  mine always smell like bright citrus. 🙂  I can only guess it's from the limp bizkit line, lolllllll. 😉 😂

Tags:

Yaaaay, another Clueless fan @treestar86! Such a fun film! I think you're right on with the quote! That movie had some great quotes. 

@itsfi  how could anyone not love it!?!? 😍 😎

@itsfi are you enjoying the StackedSkincare after using it for awhile? Curious if you have grown fonder of it over time! Also, that SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Lychee is quite pleasant! The scent reminded me very much of Living Proof No Frizz Intense Moisture Hair Mask - and really, a few of their products 🙂 I also see @ather has excellent taste in candles, yum!

@eshoe, I can't seem to make the StackedSkincare lip peel work for me, on my lips or elbows, though I keep trying. 😂 Did you get a lychee scent from the Sephora Clean lychee mask? 

@ather has excellent tastes, which includes candles. I haven't tried all the Voluspa candles - I usually keep going back to the same ones, though I have picked up a few new scents this year, all also good. 💕

Ahhhh good to know @itsfi. I was thinking about trying it, but remembered you were on the fence so was happy to find it again here! Sounds like a pass, for now, at least.

I've never tried a fresh (raw?) lychee, so it would be hard for me to say. I have tried that candle, and still find the Saijo Persimmon to be my favorite. 

The Saijo persimmon candle smells wonderful @eshoe. 🧡 It’s also a sentimental favorite for me, being my first Voluspa candle; the one that kickstarted it all for me with Voluspa. 🥰

Funny you mention that, @itsfi - it was the first candle I bought of theirs and it’s been my favorite ever since. I am very happy they still make it, hope it is always part of the collection!

@itsfi   I LOVED that honey lip treatment and the huge applicator!  I went through a whole tube in like three months!  So good!  The lip peel looks intriguing.  Do your lips actually peel or is it more a gradual exfoliation? 

@heartsmyface, I think I picked up the honey lip oil 🍯 because of you!!! 💖 I have the stick balm and it's alright. Now, this lip oil on the other hand, it's wonderful. I like the oversized applicator; makes me chuckle how large it is. 😂 

The lip peel is something I've been disappointed by - either by it or by my inability to make it work for me. 😐 My lips haven't peeled, even when I've used it on consecutive days, though to be fair I don't do that for very many days, primarily because I can't stand the chemical taste of it. It might be meant as a gentle chemical exfoliation, but I'm not seeing the results. I wanted it to work because how great would it be to have a gentle peel for the lips, but it seems that my lips prefer the scrubs. I've removed the rollerball from it and mix in a little bit of it with a lip oil to apply to my lips, or I've occasionally re-purposed as a "peel" for my elbows (I'll add a drop or two to my moisturizer) and then apply on my elbows.

@itsfi What a beautiful theme. 

Thank you @Samtian! 😄 If only I had real lychees. Next time...

@itsfi  mmm that would have been nice!

2 Replies
testing