Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights 💮

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@lmaster, it smells so yummy, doesn't it?!! 😍 If I'm going to be blamed for this, I'm happy that it's with @quspork💖 My aesthetician usually layers masks on me when I have a facial. I don't remember what she usually layers wtih this pumpkin mask (admittedly, there's a 99.8% chance that I've fallen asleep by the time she gets to that part of the facial. 😁), but I will email her and see what, if anything, she shares, though just to manage expectations, I may not hear from her until later in the month or next month - the city / county has not given the "okay" for indoor facials, but I'm told that if numbers trend well, that could change as early as next month. 

Oh awesome!! @itsfi will be excited to hear an update! 😚

Autumn Masks / K&P - MISSHA Potato

I dunno why, but fall makes me think of roasted Potatoes. Plus aside from the PTR Pumpkin (so perfect for this week with Fall and P's, but has been extensively reviewed already) this was the only potential Fall themed mask I could find in my stash.

20200913_011434.jpg

Fit:

Spoiler
20200913_011801~2.jpg

This is one of MISSHA's Airy Fit sheet mask, so it lighter than their regular ones?? Honestly this felt thick and heavy to me, but not like in a way where I thought it would stay well in place, like a hydrogel, but just thick? I can't really tell, but are they rice based? I do like the idea of wearing a glutinous rice cake, but thats not quite the sense I got from this.

As you can see, not a great fit for my face, but it wasn't terrible.

Serum:

Spoiler
Says it is watery but more creamy/milky. Not a ton in the package, but A LOT on the mask. No real fragrance or scent that I could detect.

Claims:

Spoiler
Brightening. It definitely brightens after and the next morning. Does it do it better than any other one? No, but it does definitely brighten.

Ingredients:

Spoiler
20200913_011440.jpg

Wear Time:

Spoiler
Recommends 15-20. I left on 40-45 when it was starting to get a little dryer around the forehead edge, and it still had a TON of serum on the mask that I applied to my neck, arms and hands.

Overall Grade:

Spoiler
B/B- It definitely brightens and the serum was nice, but the fit isn't great and I get the same Brightening effects from wash off masks.

I think this is the first potato mask I've seen @haleyvvvv. Good to know it didnt have a scent. Love the smell of potatoes to eat but probably not the same on the face. Too bad the results weren't more impressive.

I feel like if it smelled like any variety of cooked potatoes, I'd be so happy, but also immediately hungry, lol. But raw potatoes, not so much, @ShortErica., so I'm glad it didn't smell like that. 

@haleyvvvv  Aww the fit looked awkward a bit. Sounds promising! I think I have one in my stash I might need to dig it out to try!

I'm curious as to how you find it, @ather!! I hope it works nicely for you and fits your face!!

@haleyvvvv  I will keep you posted!!! 

Too bad about the fit, @haleyvvvv! At least there were some nice brightening effects. 

Eh, its okay, I'm resigned to most sheet masks not fitting me, and since I love wash off ones and serums (or maybe that makes me love wash off masks) its not a big loss, @quspork!!

Fantastic review, @haleyvvvv! We all need plenty of filler masks, and this one seems well enough. Potatoes remind me of fall too, which....just means one step closer to ❄️!!!!!

@eshoe  Nooooo don’t say ❄️ I’m not ready 😭😳

Ha ha it’s all about perspective, @ather! 😊 If I had to drive in snow, I would most definitely not be looking forward to it!

@eshoe  I agree! I don’t mind winter I just think summer skipped me! Or a warm fall would be nice. It’s already 9 here. Sooo cold!

9 C?!?! Wow @ather yeah I wouldn’t be in any hurry if I were you, either😂!

Thank you, @eshoe!! Would definitely be a sale grab if I used sheet masks more often, but for the most part, I'd rather a wash off mask.

@haleyvvvv, yay for brightening!! 😁 I see nothing wrong with your thinking about roasted potatoes when you think of fall. I think that's quite fabulous, actually. ❤️ I have to say that when I saw the photo of the potato sheet mask, my first thoughts were ... poutine, mashed potatoes, french fries, scalloped potatoes, baked potatoes, potato chips, country fried potatoes, oven roasted potatoes, sweet potato fries, etc., etc. 😋🤣 

@itsfi  I like where your mind is going with poutine!! 

@ather

itsfi_0-1600141200816.gif

Love poutine! 🥰

@itsfi  Mmmmm. My son had a runny nose at daycare yesterday so of course he had to go home. My husband took him for a covid test right after (I’m sure it’s just a runny nose tho) and to bribe him after the test he got him a poutine lol. I’m pretty sure it was more for my husband tho 🤣😝

@ather, I hope your little guy is feeling better soon. Cold and flu season is upon us. How convenient for your husband that he too got poutine out of this. 🤔 😆 

3 Replies
testing