Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

I don't think those are stretches for fall @heartsmyface. I will say though that when I read "warm drinks", I thought "oooh, a hot toddy would be delish right now!" ๐Ÿ˜‰

hot-toddy.jpg

Then, I realized that you might have been / were probably referring to hot cocoa or hot apple cider. Which are tasty, too. Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi   Ha, i was thinking coffee, tea, and hot cocoa but now I want hot apple cider baaaad and am wondering how many apples we have in the fridge....

Oooh, a pumpkin foot mask sounds amazing, @heartsmyface !! But warm drinks, leaves and harvest vegetables all check out for the fall theme, IMO, lol.

E631C975-4762-4054-A577-77FD4C30CDC9.jpeg

โ€ƒ

I am so very much looking forward to the foot masks!!!  I received them in every one of my fab fit fun boxes.  I got three boxes this season cause I couldnโ€™t decide on items and I may be..um...errrr ...enthusiastic about this new-to-me subscription box.  @haleyvvvv  ohhhhh, Iโ€™m just realizing theyโ€™re complete pedicures and there are two in each box!  Yay for me! 

Oh nice, @heartsmyface!! I definitely understand that for FFF, some months there are a lot of great options!! I've seen those going around FFF trade groups, I might grab a box. I hope you enjoy them!!

@haleyvvvv  I've tried a few masks from this line and they were like this one - nothing amazing, just sort of good filler type masks. Glad it turned out pretty decent for you. 

Yes, spot on, @Shosh85!! Would be a good filler mask. I would use if I found on a good deal or got given but am not going to search out.

P is for Pureness:).  This mask makes me laugh.  Such good packaging!  Niacinamide is the fourth ingredient so that happy there!  It boasts the usual hyaluronic acid, collagen and amino acid complex and also contains allantoin, arginine and taurine.  Thereโ€™s coconut oil in this one too so not good for some people.  The serum is unscented and feels slippery like straight up hyaluronic acid. The mask itself is sheer Tencel and conforms perfectly to my face.
I love JMSolution masks in general but this one feels extra nice.  Maybe cause I havenโ€™t been masking much lately.  Of course my skin is going to feel extra plump and bouncy after a mask when I havenโ€™t been drenching it in goodness for a while.  

0BDBB565-3887-4BB8-9A84-674F33B15174.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Oh my that baby face is hysterical @heartsmyface!

@heartsmyface  Loving this packaging!! 

That packaging tho ๐Ÿคฃ  I'm glad the mask itself worked out well, @heartsmyface

I would buy that just for the packaging, @heartsmyface. Happy to know it brought some love along with the attitude ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hahaha @heartsmyface! Just look at that face!!! This one sounds good - I don't recall using a Tencel mask from this brand. Making a note to look into this one. The ingredients list looks good and I love the results - plump hydrated skin!! ๐Ÿ’– I'm sure I will recognize this mask if I see it on the store shelves. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@heartsmyface awww that's too cute!!

Oh, this mask packaging is hilarious, @heartsmyface!! Glad it was such a winner!!

@heartsmyface  Oh my gosh, I remember this one! It is hilariously cute! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Happy to hear you got some great results!

P is for Peripera ๐Ÿ

8F47356A-E106-4AB9-95C7-BE9A8FE0CD57.jpeg

Spoiler

Peripera Juice Time Apple Sheet Mask ๐Ÿ

This is a super thin and transparent cotton sheet mask that was drenched with a clear watery serum. The scent was mostly just your standard sheet mask kind of scent with just a hint of a green apple smell - which is probably because apple is so far down in the ingredients. The fit was good โ€“ just a little too wide at the temples and a tiny bit long at the chin. The mask adhered well and was comfortable to wear the half hour I had it on. There wasn't any tackiness after removing and my face looked a smidge brighter and skin felt soft, smooth, moisturized and had a nice glow.

I really enjoy using this one and love the results! I will definitely keep repurchasing all the masks from the Juice and Smoothie lines for as long as I can!

CFF9BAB5-1945-4206-B37C-5602DE34FF40.jpeg

@Shosh85  Awesome review!

These peripera ones look and sound so good @Shosh85! I love apple masks too! I have one of these and will be sure to savor my masking sesh. Why do they discontinue the good ones?!! 

@itsfi  I love these masks so much! I don't know why they always gotta mess up a good thing! ๐Ÿ˜ข

Apples definitely make me think of fall! @Shosh85 

testing