Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@itsfi  I had no idea there were so many different kinds! Which one is more commonly sold in grocery stores?

@Shosh85, I tend to see more of the fuyu persimmons in the grocery stores (theyโ€™re good on their own or in salads for a little crunch and sweetness). If thereโ€™s an Asian grocery store near you, theyโ€™ll likely have both. Iโ€™ve seen both at Whole Foods too. 

Not sure if farmerโ€™s markets are still a thing right now, but Iโ€™ve seen persimmons there as well! If I remember, you can eat them whole, peel and all? I made flan with the Fuyu ones, but never tried one on its own. Always good to log on here with a full tummy๐Ÿ˜„

@Shosh85 @eshoe I've always peeled them before eating. @ather, when you had persimmons, did you also peel before eating them?

The Fuyu varietal sometime has a seed in it. Farmer's markets are still going on here. They've extended the market by me by an extra block to help with social distancing between vendors and customers are not allowed to touch the products. Also there are designated lines for each vendor now, with marked spots for customers to stand, and masks are required. 

@itsfi  Yes I also peel mine. Thatโ€™s how my friend had them so I just copied her ๐Ÿคฃ

The Peach Slices mask sounds lovely, @itsfi! I will have to try that one again, your description is so inviting:)

@eshoe, have you used this clarify sheet before? I feel like Iโ€™ve used all these peach slices masks when they first launched and have been going through the ones I have, to see how I feel about them now and specifically, if I would repurchase. 

I have, @itsfi, but itโ€™s been a very long time since then! The Yuzu and Hydrate are my favorites. Have you tried the Travel? The fit seemed different on that one, at least to me. 

@eshoe, the Hydrate is one I tend to pick up and use frequently. I know I've tried Yuzu and Travel when these first launched. I know I've repurchased Travel and I have a vague recollection of having used it for um...work travel, though I think that can now be said to be a while ago. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Fall theme! I'm blaming two for the enabling of these samples.. @itsfi @quspork 

IMG_20200909_203503634.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
This was about enough for two uses, and I did in fact use it twice! It's sorta white/yellowish in color and has bits for exfoliating, it's not packed with them and it was not abrasive at all. The scent... Alone would be cause for purchasing FS!!! One of the best smelling pumpkin masks to date!! Left it on for 10 minutes a I did feel hydration, and lightly moisturizing,, but not near as much hydration as I anticipated. I'm very curious about that if I didn't have to ration like I did with the sample ๐Ÿค” this will be on the list!!IMG_20200909_203533126.jpg

โ€ƒ

@lmaster  Iโ€™m wondering if itโ€™s cause you were rationing it too!

I really really want to get FS because it literally smells like a pumpkin latte!! @ather I'm going strong on my no buy,, so maybe next year after I use more of what I already have up,, I'll grab a FS to better judge it

Oh yay! I also tried this one this weekend, @lmaster but unfortunately it didn't work out well for my skin- hopefully I will post more about that tomorrow. I'm glad you had a better experience with it!

Oh no!! @quspork I didn't find it particularly as hydrating as I'd hoped, but no negative effects,, so sorry to hear this!!

@lmaster  I bought a bunch of these samples as well, and now I'm even more excited to try that pumpkin one - it sounds amazing! Definitely perfect for Fall! ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 I'm kinda upset though....I purchased the chocolate one too,,,I seen it with the others,,, now I can't find it..uughhhhhhhh that happened to me yesterday too,,I specifically went to the store and bought jamaican jerk seasoning for a chicken dish,,, can't find it anywhere!!! 

@lmaster  Oh no!!!! I keep loosing my comfortable masks! So frustrating!

@ather the seasoning is driving me nuts!! I know I put it in my seasoning drawer... Or did I?? I'm wondering if there store didn't put it in the bag it was a small seasoning bottle! The chocolate mask... That I can't explain,, my boys wouldn't of touched it, my daughter might of, but she always asks me before of she can use something,, just makes me feel crazy ๐Ÿ˜‚

So happy this worked out for you, @lmaster - the ingredients look amazing and it sounds like your skin loved it, too๐Ÿฅฐ

It smells unbelievable too @eshoe 

@lmaster, most, if not all, of their products smell amazing! ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’•

2 Replies
testing