Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a 💰mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@Samtian, I’ve seen this mask before - it’s in a huge tub with a pretty top but it’s a lot of product, I recall. I’ll be interested in your thoughts on the clay mask after you’ve gone through your sample. Does the mask have a noticeable scent to it?

@itsfi I looked it up, it is really pretty! I honestly don't remember, but I'll be using it again on Thursday so I'll be on the look out for any scent.

@Samtian  What’s your thoughts! I’ve seen it but never tried it!

@ather I'm going to do it again tomorrow night so I'll post on Friday my thoughts and stuff, because I honestly don't remember.

@Samtian  Sounds good!! 

Oh that sounds pretty cool @Samtian never tried that one before

@lmaster It's pretty interesting.

@Samtian   Well this brought a smile to my face.   My brain thinks clay and translates that to drying which I know isn’t always the case.  Is this meant to be more a hydrating or clearing mask?  

@heartsmyface I'm glad, I love making people smile. This one is supposed to be clearing. It has a gel part with it that does the hydrating. 

@Samtian Oh my gosh, I love this photo! 😍What kind of results did you see from this one?

@Shosh85  😄 ha thank you! I didn't notice anything but oily in the morning. i'll keep a closer eye next week.

Your photo is amazing @Samtian! Does the clay mask seem effective?

@ShortErica haha thank you. I didn't notice anything. I was really oily when I woke up but later in the day it went back to normal. I'll have to keep a closer eye out next week. 

Hitting both themes this week for Autumn and P (as in pumpkin)- a face-to-face duel of the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask 5 oz/ 148 mL and the Summer Fridays Overtime Mask 

IMG_20200910_092845.jpg

Both of these are wonderful masks that I know many of us have enjoyed so I thought I'd do my own little comparison on how they compare to one another. I used the PTR on one side of my face and the SF on the other and here are a few thoughts:

-On general formulation: The PTR is a more viscous consistency. It's a deep pumpkin-orange color with small, silty grains. The SF is a thicker, yellow cream with larger exfoliating granules. 

-On scent: The PTR is closer to a straight pumpkin scent while the SF exudes delicious pumpkin pie. I really prefer the SF scent because it just smells amazing with that hint of spice and sweetness. 

-On use: Both apply easily. The PTR has a bit of a cooling/tingling sensation for me. Whereas, I didn't even notice that I had the SF on. Both rinsed off easily. 

-On results: Both left my skin feeling very soft and smooth to the touch. The side of my face that has the PTR was noticeably brighter and had less redness (which I can be prone to) than the SF side. 

In the end, these are both masks that I would (already have) repurchase(d) but for different reasons. The SF is, for me, more of the spa-experience mask that I use when I want a hit of that yummy scent to get me in the fall mood. The PTR is what I reach for for function, giving great results beyond just the smoother skin. 

@quspork  Both sound lovely 😊 

Love your comparison @quspork 

Thanks for the side by side comparison, @quspork!! I'm working through the PTR right now, but have the SF one in my stash and now I'm curious about my own side by side.

Love both of these masks @quspork  you're bang on in that they help you get into the fall mood!

Thanks for the comparison @quspork! I had the PTR ready for this week but it is still way too hot for me to be in a fall mood. Hopefully by November/December 🤣

@quspork  Yumm! Love this comparison! These both are favorites of mine as well and I definitely agree both have delicious scents! I feel like your conclusion of these is spot on - the PTR seems more for function and the SF seems more like a gentle exfoliating spa mask 👌 Happy to hear both masks are ones you enjoy! 😃

I'm glad to hear you love them both as well, @Shosh85! They're both good masks, and with those scents... cherries on top of the ice cream sundaes. 

1 Reply
testing