Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@itsfi  Oh, yes, the PSL is quite rich. And I truly love that you dilute espresso with coffee. I'm pretty sure I have done that before to make it last longer. Apparently Starbucks now has a WAP latte (white mocha, almond milk, pumpkin spice). I saw it in some random news article.

@PrettyPaint, I think my tooth just started aching when I read about the WAP latte. Iโ€™m on board with the almond milk and pumpkin spice. But Iโ€™m not sure about the white mocha. That sounds so rich; too rich for me now. When I was in school, there was a popular cafe on my way to class that was renowned for its mocha bianca. I loved that drink when I was in school. Years later I was back on campus and for nostalgia sake,  decided to order one. Oh good grief. So rich. So much sugar. Give me espresso and coffee all day every day. Okay, maybe not all day. That would not be good. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi  Yumm, love a good pumpkin session - definitely makes you wish fall was here!  That PTR mask is a favorite of mine - sometimes I open it just so I can smell it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‹

You too @Shosh85?! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿคฃ I do that with a few masks and the PTR pumpkin is definitely one of them. It smells so good. 

J = JayJun, and I just realized this sleeve fits the rainbow theme. Iโ€™d intended this to be J = Japan week, but itโ€™s taken my skin longer than expected to heal from my bad oil cleanser mishap. Iโ€™m testing skin readiness by trying a new-to-me mask: JayJun Lecithin Barrier Mask. 

I've used several JayJun masks, but not this one.I've used several JayJun masks, but not this one.

Notes: 

Spoiler

Claims: Strengthens skin barrier; hydrates, firms, and soothes skin; balances oil and moisture; provides dewy radiance. 

Ingredients: I chose this mask mainly for isopentyldiol (a humectant), niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, shea butter, lecithin, squalane, various ferments, ceramide, and calcium pantothenate which is the salt form of vitamin B5, aka pantothenic acid. (By comparison, panthenol is provitamin B5: itโ€™s a substance our bodies convert to pantothenic acid.) Thereโ€™s also a form of vitamin C (sodium ascorbyl phosphate) included, though it reportedly has trouble penetrating skin. Still, all those ingredients should make this mask a good hydrator, moisturizer, and skin brightener. 

Other interesting ingredients: pyridoxine HCL, aka vitamin B6, is said to control sebum. Then there's silkworm extract, which I assume comes from cocoons. My hairโ€™s no stranger to silk protein in shampoos and conditioners, but I havenโ€™t used much of this ingredient on my face in skincare products. And I see rosa hybrid flower extract, which comes from the black rose, aka black baccara rose. Itโ€™s โœจfancierโœจ than damask rose (the usual perfuming rose ingredient youโ€™ll see in skincare products; my skin doesnโ€™t like that stuff). Black rose extract is touted as an anti-aging ingredient, but Iโ€™m never quite convinced itโ€™s not used more for perfuming purposes instead. Itโ€™s the only iffy ingredient in this mask for me. 

Spoiler
Water, Isopentyldiol, Propanediol, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Niacinamide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus/Rice Ferment, Lactobacillus/Panax Ginseng Root Ferment Filtrate, Saccharomyces/Coix Lacryma-Jobi Ma-yuen Seed Ferment Filtrate, Saccharomyces/Potato Extract Ferment Filtrate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Ol, Butyrospermum Parki (Shea) Butter, Hydrogenated Lecithin (320 ppm), Squalane, Cholesterol, Ceramide NP, Phytosphingosine, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Tremella Fuciformis Polysaccharide, Camellia Japonica Flower Extract, Rosa Hybrid Flower Extract, Prunus Serrulata Flower Extract, Silkworm Extract, Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pyridoxine HCL, Tocopherol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trehalose, Betaine, Allantoin, Hydroxyacetophenone, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Maltodextrin, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Silica, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 

Performance: This non-stretch tencel sheet was full of thin gel serum that had a shea butter + very slightly rosy scent. I had to tailor the heck outta this sheet as it was too long from undereyes to chin: I widened the entire perimeter of the eye and mouth holes, cut the nose shorter, trimmed the chin slightly shorter, and cut a long wedge out of both sides (at my cheeks) so I could remove a lot of excess length in the center of my face. The sheet was too narrow to cover my jaw, so all the trimmings came in handyโ€”along with the 1/5 handful of leftover serum I used to cover that skin and my neck. 

The mask felt fine on my face: not particularly cooling but not warm either, and more importantly, not irritating. After 30 minutes of wear, I spent 3-4 minutes massaging and pressing residual serum into my skin. I had no pilling afterward but my face did feel mildly tacky. 

Results: Very hydrated, supple, and moisturized skin. My face and neck had zero dryness, and my oily and dry zones were balanced. I'm sure I didn't need an additional moisturizer since shea butterโ€™s quite occlusive, but I wanted to tone down the tackiness a bitโ€”so I applied YTTP Superfood Moisturizer, which turned the mild tackiness into a plush softness. My skin did look more radiant, but that result wasnโ€™t nearly as noticeable as the hydration boost, skin balance, and moisturization. 

I think I bought only one of these masks, and now I kinda wish Iโ€™d bought a few moreโ€”though I wouldnโ€™t look forward to all the scissor snipping required for a decent fit. Looks like JayJun has discontinued this mask, but Iโ€™d pick up a couple more if I saw them somewhere. 

@WinglessOne  The results from this one sound great! I'm not sure I've ever noticed if I've used a mask with lechithin, but I'll have to watch out for it now ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Love that YTTP moisturizer! I agree though, I'd love it even more if they changed the packaging!

@Shosh85 @WinglessOne besides that, it seems like spatulas are becoming a luxury. YTTP used to include them, as did GR. Itโ€™s so important when a jar is the delivery method!

@Shosh85 @eshoe  For me, missing spatulas is not an issue. Dip into a traditional jar with clean fingers and you'll cut down on bacteria. Besides, you should wash the spatula before dipping it into the jar anyway, so... why not just wash your hands instead? ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Sure, I'm a bit biased about this because I don't like tiny spatulas for various reasons and won't use them unless absolutely necessary (for instance, removing delicate JayJun eye patches from their jar). But also, I care far more about the air exposure allowed by traditional jars: it can greatly degrade antioxidant ingredients. Considering how many times you open a traditional jar of moisturizer before using up all the product, that's a lot of air exposure over a long stretch of time. In the case of YTTP Superfood, you've pretty much killed any efficacy of its ascorbic acid by the time you're halfway through the jar. Possibly sooner than that; it's not like I've actually measured/tested that since I'm not a chemist, but I'm sure there's a study somewhere that states how quickly vitamin C degrades with x amount of air exposure. Ascorbic acid is famously unstable, after all. But it's not the only antioxidant that's sensitive to air and light. YTTP Superfood is loaded with antioxidant sources, so it's a shame to destroy their efficacy by keeping them in a traditional glass jarโ€”or to package them in that jar in the first place. 

A friend of mine sprays rubbing alcohol on her index finger before dipping it into her Tatcha jars. She used to use all those fussy little spatulas but finally got fed up with washing and storing (and not losing) them. So now she just dips in with one finger that's been sanitized and water-rinsed (so as not to transfer rubbing alcohol to her face). 

Yeah I think an area that always concerns me is once Iโ€™ve scooped it out, securing the lid, applying it and cleansing the spatula @WinglessOne. Itโ€™s the whole process to contain the goodness and keep out the yuck that is so consuming ๐Ÿ˜† 

The thing is...why would they (YTTP) not use the dark jar, like the Yerba exfoliant, instead of a clear one, at least? Better yet...how about a spray on Kale Cream, too. A customizable nozzle, like with cleaning products. Only this would allow for a thin mist or a good โ€˜foamโ€™ for moisturizer ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ I also think itโ€™s time for me to go to bed ๐Ÿ˜‰

@WinglessOne couldn't agree more @eshoe the knowledge this beauty has is outstanding!! 

@lmaster  Aw, thank you! 

4Luw

Sorry to hear about the cleanser mishap @WinglessOne; good that your skin is healing. Iโ€™m working through my own skincare mishap recovery - ugh. ๐Ÿ˜‘ 

This sounds and looks like a nice mask; too bad itโ€™s been / being discontinued. Oh, I spy tremella mushroom in the ingredients list, which my skin loves! โ™ฅ๏ธ Wish it were higher up on the list. 

@itsfi  I hope your skin heals up soon! On a positive note, anti-cootie masks cover up some of the visible damage. (Or in my case, most of the damage, since my oily zone took the biggest hit.) But yeah, I had to roll my AM and PM routines back to basics last month, stop all AHA exfoliation and vitamin C serum, and drop several other products, including frequent masks. I've spent the last few weeks following a VERY consistent routine that includes 2 anti-inflammation serums. I'm almost afraid to tell my derm how happy my skin is as a result. ๐Ÿคฃ 

I wonder if JayJun will bring this mask back, or maybe reformulate/update it. They've stopped and relaunched their Real Water Brightening Black Mask at least onceโ€”and frankly, the old version was better than the new one. (I love the old version.) Hmm. I also wonder if they currently have another mask containing snow mushroom as a key ingredient... I'm sure they've added at least one new mask to their lineup by now, but I haven't kept up with their releases. Do you have a favorite snow mushroom mask? 

Yeah @WinglessOne, the anti-cootie masks cover up the very visible signs of my mishap, but having that area covered for too long isn't great for me either. Fortunately, the worst is over, I think. I hope. Please, let the worst be over. I've been bare bones on the skincare products as well, and using hydrating sheet masks occasionally to keep the dehydration beneath the surface attended to. Sheet masking is usually just on the top half of my face recently, and the bottom half of my sheet masks have been re-assigned to my chest a few times per week. My propolis ampoule has been working overtime, but its anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, hydrating and soothing properties have been good to my skin. 

I'm usually a little bummed when products undergo a reformulation; I'm happy about brands sourcing better ingredients but sometimes the efficacy of a product gets lost with the new formulation. As much as I like sheet masks, well, masks in general, I'm perfectly happy with a brand having just a few sheet masks that are well curated and well formulated (i.e., Benton).

Oooh, snow mushroom. Eminence Snow Mushroom & Reishi Masque is a nice one. Joanna Vargas has a sheet mask with tremella mushroom as a star ingredient - Euphoria Sheet Mask, that makes for a lovely treat for the skin. I have The Inkey List Snow Mushroom moisturizer; am planning on incorporating that into a routine when the weather cools and my skin is less oily, though at this point, I'm wondering if my skin is just veering more towards dehydrated-combo all year round. I guess I'll find out this winter.

Ok a very pretty mask pack, @WinglessOne, and  also a curious name. I didnโ€™t know my skin needs protective layer of lecithin! 

Your description of the Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m... is perfect. I spent a good portion of the year on a quest for a dupe, and although others have shared similarities, none compare in the way this does everything I need it to for my skin. No matter the season!

@eshoe  Good news: just like hyaluronic acid and niacinamide, lecithin's included in many skincare products. I frequently see it in sheet masks. So, chances are your skin's already getting a good dose once in a while. ๐Ÿ‘ It does lots of things for skin: it's a natural moisturizing factor and a liposome creator, so it can help active ingredients penetrate skin better and keep skin hydrated. I think it's in a lot of sheet masks more as a stabilizer, especially when it's listed in the second half of an ingredients list. So when I found this mask focused on lecithin as a key ingredient, I was very intrigued. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

And yeeeeesssss, YTTP Superfood is so good! It's still my skin's favorite moisturizer. I also haven't found a good dupe yet. I've found a couple other moisturizers my skin likes, sure, but they don't do quite what this one does for me. My only complaint is still the way it's packaged. I still don't understand why YTTP won't put this cream in an airless vacuum jar or a tube. I'm sure they'll claim glass is better for the environment, but surely there are recyclable materials one can use to create MUCH better packaging for this moisturizer. Nothing that contains l-ascorbic acid should be kept in a traditional clear jar. But since my skin's so in love with this cream, I keep buying it and transferring it (as fast as possible to reduce air exposure) to my own reusable airless jar. It's worth the hassle. 

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, @WinglessOne - I always learn so much from you! Speaking of, I didnโ€™t even realize the YTTP has l-ascorbic acid. Itโ€™s been quite awhile since Iโ€™ve read the ingredients.

A pump would be great, you are right. There are glass pumps out there, Guessing the costs might be slightly higher because of the pump? You should share your thoughts with the brand, would be a good change to see.

Thanks @eshoe ! ๐Ÿ˜Š I think I did ask YTTP about their packaging decision, but I don't remember if they responded. I might ask again. 

And now I wonder if anyone makes a glass airless vacuum pump jar or bottle... the exterior could certainly be made of glass, but the insides of all airless pumps/bottles I've seen are plastic. At a minimum, the interior platform thingy would probably have to be plastic; I wouldn't want that to be glass and break inside the jar. And either the interior container or exterior jar would have to be opaque or anti-UV for best ascorbic acid protection, so they'd have to use some kind of tinted or opaquely colored glass. But it's possible. 

Iโ€™ve had facial oil containers like that, @WinglessOne. Glass bottle, with plastic pump. I definitely donโ€™t see a glass pump as sustainable in my household, the diamond nail file I bought (you recommended it; it was amazing) broke the exact same day I bought it๐Ÿ™„ no oneโ€™s fault but my own. Just broke the gray glass straw from the SEPHORA COLLECTION Hydrate! Reusable Glass Straw Set this morning. Itโ€™s OOS now, I had it added to my cart immediately and when it went OOS thought to myself, what am I buying? Because I know I am just going to break them all at some point. 

Sidetracked for a moment, but yes...I would take a glass bottle with plastic pump over a glass jar with screw on lid.

Oh gosh, I am very behind on my masking posts. Time to catch up!

Blind Pick Your Mask (F&U) 

Spoiler

20200904_232743~2.jpg

Ugh this mask is Forgettable 

Spoiler
I think I've posted about this I Dew Care mask before. It is just alright. It doesn't fit well, it doesn't brighten, it stings a little bit, it just isn't my jam. I grabbed it from the pile of you need to use these up ASAP mask pile.

Sheet Mask Focus (G&T) 

Spoiler

20200827_231824~2.jpg

I love hydroGel sheet masks Farmacy Coconut Gel Sheet Mask - Brightening 0.78 oz/ 23 mL 

Spoiler
Although I love hydrogel masks, and Farmacy hydrogel masks in particular, this one wasn't my favourite, but still very good.

Fit:
Spoiler
20200827_232130~2.jpg
A little loose on the bottom, which tugged down a little. I fiddled a little bit around with it more after taking this picture and it fit a bit better. I do like the heaviness of the gels, which for the most part feel like they stay in place. No sheet mask has ever fit my nose well though.
Serum: TONS of serum. I applied all over my neck and arms (I'm a lazy masker, there's no way I am saving any in another container, lol). A bit of a fruit/citrus scent probably from the oils. Not too bad.

Claims: Brightening. Yep, check there! My skin was a fair bit brighter after.

Ingredients: Niacinamide is the hero here.
Spoiler
20200827_231837~2.jpg
Wear time: 15-20 minutes suggested, I wore for maybe closer to 30-40? Left my skin a little tacky, which I rubbed in and it quickly absorbed.

Overall grade: B/B+. I definitely prefer the Mediheal A:PE Soothing mask, as in addition to being nourishing and soothing, is also very brightening. But, if I saw this on sale or got some more, I would definitely use. 

Drugstore & Grocery Brands Week (H&S)

Spoiler

20200727_003147~2.jpg

So, I thought this brand was at Shoppers, then realized it wasn't a Boscia mask, but a Dr. Jart one ๐Ÿ˜…

Spoiler
Older mask from Boscia Dr. Jart that I don't think is made anymore, but that's okay with me!

Fit:
Spoiler
20200727_003350~2.jpg
Surprisingly good? 
Serum: Not a lot. Definitely enough on the sheet, but not enough on the packet for anywhere else really.

Claims: Pore Clearing. Failure on this. Clear acne. Failure on this.

Ingredients:
Spoiler
20200727_003357~2.jpg
The charcoal and clay should've helped clean out my pores, but did nada. Although fragrance is lower on the list, there's a lot of scent in this mask.
Wear time: 15-20 minutes. I try to leave on sheet masks until they are just about dry, but this one was too tingly, and I took it off in 15 minutes.

Grade: D-/F. So, while it was one the best fitting sheet masks I have ever used, but wow, it was irritating, overly fragranced and worse, had no effect on my pores!

And, just because I messed up this week, I'll talk about an actual Boscia mask boscia Charcoal Pore Pudding Intensive Wash-Off Treatment , which is a brand actually sold at Shoppers, lol.

Spoiler
Love this mask! It is one of my favourites. I like that it deeply cleans without really drying down on the skin.

3-Step Masks/Multi-Step Masks (I&R)

Spoiler
20200831_002906~2.jpg20200831_004527~2.jpg
I cheated a bit here, technically a multi-step, multi-mask night with this "Invigorating" Dr. Jart+ mask and this Relaxing Gogo mask

Dr. Jart
Spoiler
I like a good peel and was hoping this would be a nice peel + soothing mask. Always read the claims first. It is a peeling mask, but it is a two-step peeling mask, so then I added the Gogo mask. It was the closet I was getting to a three step mask in my collection.

Fit:
Spoiler
Step 1: Obviously fit okay, because it is the granule step, lol. I will say, these were a bit abrasive and didn't spread easily. You can see some liquid pooling in this pack, so I mixed everything around first.
Spoiler
20200831_003238~2.jpg20200831_003355~2.jpg
Step 2: Ooof, a very ill-fitting sheet mask that I had to use my new mask holder for. Bonus, now I know that the one from Pink Blossam fits my wide face better than the one from Sephora, and it was much cheaper, definitely recommend if the Sephora one pulls on your ears. (honestly, why are these one size fits all though???). I regretfully didn't get a picture without the helper, but the chin was terrible, it was like on top of my mouth, just all around not a good fit, much better with the helper.
Spoiler
20200831_003923~2.jpg
Serum: There was enough of the exfoliant to do my face and my chest. It was rough and a bit hard to break down. There was more than enough serum to coat the mask and my chest. The serum was goopy but alright.

Claims: Peeling/Exfoliating. Definitely, but not any better than any other exfoliating mask. It is also supposed to "bubble" and "fizz" or pop when the two components merged. There was maybe two small pops.

Ingredients:
Spoiler
20200831_002912~2.jpg
Wear Time: I mean, it says, "For a While." I think I wore for about 7-10 minutes? I was waiting for the "popping" to occur, and while doing that looked up a bunch of reviews to indicate how long. Since I was worried about maybe over-exfoliating, I decided to err on the side of caution.

Overall Grade: C-. This mask was a pain. It didn't fit well, and while it did exfoliate, it didn't do so in a better or more pleasant experience than other physical/chemical exfoliators. My skin was definitely nice and smooth, but not more so than usual. Plus, hardly any cool popping sensation!
Gogo
Spoiler
I like to follow my exfoliating masks with a hydrating/calming mask, to help settle my skin.

Fit:
Spoiler
20200831_004700~2.jpg
Cotton/Tencel. Surprisingly okay around the eyes, but look at that dangle on the chin.
Serum: A fair bit of watery serum. Spread it over my chest and arms as well.

Claims: Moisturizing and Relaxing. Definitely a fair bit hydrated after, but since it was slipping, I wasn't relaxed about it, lol.

Ingredients:
Spoiler
20200831_004534~2.jpg
Definitely a lot of forms of HA, but all fairly close to the bottom.
Wear Time: Suggested 10-20 minutes. I wore closer to 30-40.

Overall Grade: C. Would be a grade lower if I didn't get a pack of 10 for $5. It was fine. An okay filler mask, but not any intense hydration.

Rainbow Week (J&Q)

Spoiler
20200831_235337~4.jpg
Every week is rainbow week in this house.

Magenta: GLAMGLOW BERRYGLOWโ„ข  Probiotic Recovery Face Mask 
Spoiler
I've only used this once. It is yogurt-y, smells like berries, and is a nice, cooling mask. It dries down thick, which is fine, since I prefer to wipe off these masks anyway and not rub in the excess.
Red: Cheating a bit here with the Origins Original Skinโ„ข Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay 2.5 oz/ 75 mL which is a "pinky" red (heavy on the pink)
Spoiler
This is one of my all time faves. I love how it calms my redness and irritation and resets my skin. It can be a little harsh, so I try to put it on quickly and wipe it off with a very damp MakeUp Eraser.
Orange: Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Enzymatic Dermal Resurfacer 5 oz and Tata Harper Resurfacing BHA Mask for Brightening and Dark Spots 1 oz/ 30 mL 
Spoiler
I alternate these weekly. I like the PTR, but the scent is overpowering. I really like the Tata Harper for focusing on getting into pores using BHAs, and it is super gentle, I can keep on for 20+ minutes; but it is very expensive.
Yellow: Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask 4.1 oz/ 117 g 
Spoiler
I LOVE this mask, such a great hydrating mask that I keep around for whenever I need a boost of hydration.
Green: Elemis Veggie Mask and Kiehl's Since 1851 Avocado Nourishing Hydration Mask 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 
Spoiler
Neither of these are my faves. The Elemis mask does brighten a little bit, but it is so weird in texture and claims. The Kiehl's mask is chunky, difficult to spread and while slightly hydrating isn't really worth the effort. I think others have had similar experiences with it.
Blue: The packaging of the Murad Instamatte Mask (I think this no longer exists?)
Spoiler
I bought this for my oily skinned partner and he did not enjoy it. I wanted to see if I liked it before just decluttering it. I am using it in place of my weekly charcoal mask, and it does nicely clean the pores on my normal skin. But you have to use a ton to spread all over the face (which for me is fine, since I am trying to use up).
Indigo/Violet (just generally purple): GLAMGLOW GRAVITYMUDโ„ข Firming Treatment Mask 3.5 oz/ 100 g (This one actually is purple, whereas the normal one is silver)
Spoiler
Its a fun mask that I use occasionally on Saturdays when I feel up to masking. I don't know if it actually helps much with firming, but I don't think it is hurting.
Black: boscia Luminizing Black Charcoal Mask 2.8 oz/ 80 g 
Spoiler
I use this once every 2-3 weeks to once a month, instead of a charcoal clay mask on Sundays. This is my second favourite of this type of mask. It does get down and pullout whiteheads, but I try not to use too many peel off masks too often.
Brown: Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water Mineral-Rich Atomic Heat Mask is brown-ish (taupe?) in the container
Spoiler
I was using a smaller DS of this in a tube, and that is a MUCH better delivery system for this mask. The tub of this is almost impossible to dig out from and it is more grainy than the tube version.
White: I Dew Care Disco Kitten
Spoiler
This mask definitely brightens, but this sample size did not last long (2 uses). Plus it is a peel off mask and there are other brightening masks that do equivalently well without having to peel off. This is a fairly gentle one though.

Thanks for you catch up @haleyvvvv. Love that every week is rainbow for you. Very interesting but logical about the PTR thermal mask being different based on packaging. Though I wonder why it is more grainy. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

1 Reply
testing