Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

P is for purple 

IMG_20200908_121737596.jpg

Spoiler
This papa recipe mask was gifted to me from the kind hearted @WinglessOne it's a highly saturated sheet with clear serum that smells so fruity and delicious!! Fit is decent for me tons of extra serum! Wear time was 20 minutes and my skin felt extremely hydrated and moisturized and felt so good!! I hope to see these again in Marshalls!!
Ingredients
IMG_20200908_121744101.jpg

โ€ƒ

I need to check my notes @lmaster. I remember enjoying these but some stood out more than others. I forget if I did this one but it sounds great!

@ShortErica yep I've enjoyed every one I've tried!

@lmaster  This is such a great line of masks! Happy to hear you loved this one! I'd totally pick them up if I saw them at TJ Maxx/

Marshall's again! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I sure hope they come back!! @Shosh85 

Love the ingredients in these Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables @lmaster! Nice to see another hit from this line of masks. It'd be great to see a variety pack with the different masks from this line. Gotta ask my go to question - do you have a favorite among the fruitables line? 

I can't remember all the ones I've tried @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜† but there wasn't one I didn't like!!

Totally fair point @lmaster! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve tried all of these yet, but so far, my skin has been happy with the ones I have. Just a nice, solid line of masks. Love that! โ™ฅ๏ธ

@lmaster  Hooray for another winner! I hope to see the Bombee Fruitables masks return to retailers soon... really hope they haven't been discontinued. They're such a nice line of masks. 

@WinglessOne I agree!! These are excellent!!

I've been extending @sonnydee's rainbow mask theme from last week a little longer, with a blue centered masking session that can also slot nicely into this weekโ€™s letter themes, with a K for Korean brand (Banobagi) and a P for pretty (foil sheet mask) and perfumed (sleeping mask). As for this weekโ€™s fall goodness theme . . . the foil sheet mask imparts a healthy dose of hydration, which is a wonderful and welcome treat for the skin as the we head into the cooler fall season. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Blue - rainbow.jpeg

Sheet Mask

Spoiler

Sheet Mask: Banobagi Vita Cocktail Aqua Foil Mask is a very pretty, metallic blue, 2-piece foil sheet mask saturated in a clear, watery essence that smells like a light version of a lemony cleaning product. The scent isnโ€™t awful, but not what Iโ€™d consider pleasing either.  

Notable Ingredients: Niacinamide, trehalose, panthenol, arginine, allantoin, adenosine, hydrolyzed collagen, centella asiatica, glutathione, magnesium, zinc gluconate, and copper gluconate. This also contains added fragrance, though it is listed last. 

Claims: According to the packaging, this mask is about anti-aging, brightening and moisturizing. Iโ€™m not in a position to speak to the โ€œanti-wrinklingโ€ benefits that are touted, especially since I donโ€™t use this mask regularly, but overall the ingredients in this mask seem to support its claims, or at least, make it likely that the results will be as claimed.

Fit & Adherence: Two-piece masks are easier to position and manipulate to my facial contours and features, as was the case here in terms of fit. Adherence on this one was pretty good, especially for a mask that leans slightly on the thicker side due to its two layers (foil exterior and cotton interior).  

Results: Hydrated, dewy, and slightly brightened skin. 

Would I Repurchase?: Likely, yes. My skin responds best to foil masks in the colder seasons, especially the winter months, when my skin leans a lot more dehydrated-dry. I havenโ€™t considered whether I have a favorite foil mask, but I would be happy to use this foil mask another time, and itโ€™s one I could see myself purchasing again.  

Overall Thoughts: A nice mask for those with dry or dehydrated skin. Depending on your schedule, probably best suited for evening or weekend use, when you have more time to let the essence, of which there is a ton, fully absorb into the skin. 
Blue 2.jpeg

Ingredients: 

Spoiler

Water, Glycerin, Methylpropanediol, Niacinamide, Trehalose, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Carbomer, Arginine, Ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Adenosine, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Butylene Glycol, Centella Asiatica Extract, 1, 2-Hexanediol, 3-0-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Glutathione, Mineral Water, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, CI 42090

Sleeping Mask

Spoiler
The Sephora Collection Water Gel Mask Hydrate + Refresh is a perfumed, pale, aquatic blue gel that feels cool against the skin. The fragrance, while not ideal, has grown on me. Initially, I thought it was just very perfume-y, but after using it for some time now, Iโ€™d say itโ€™s got a fresh, aquatic, floral bent to it. In my mind, this one is better suited for warm nights and/or for those with oily or oilier skin (and, possibly those with combination skin that leans more oily-combo than dry-combo). This particular sleeping mask has seen more usage as a result of the more frequent heat waves weโ€™ve been experiencing and also due to my having re-purposed it as a hand lotion this summer. 
Blue 2b (2).jpeg

Ingredients:
Spoiler
Water, Glycerin, C10-18 Triglycerides, C15-19 Alkane, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, Carbomer, Perfume (Fragrance), Hydroxyacetophenone, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Sodium Phytate, Arginine, CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 17200 (Red 33) 

That blue foil mask looks so neat, glad it was a good one, @itsfi!!

@haleyvvvv, I'm learning the best way to use certain masks and it seems that my skin responds very well to foil masks when it's cold out. I will be sorting through my masks to make sure I have foil masks at the ready for when that happens. It can get warm as late as early-to-mid-October here so I have a little bit of time to rummage through my mask stash. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@itsfi  Oooh, my favorite color ๐Ÿ˜ Foil masks always look so pretty! If I remember correctly, I think my favorite foil masks have been from this brand. This one sounds great, minus the scent! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I havenโ€™t tried the other foil masks from the line but good to know that you like them @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Yeah, the scent wasnโ€™t full on Pine-Sol but it wasnโ€™t great either. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi you were the one that first introduced me to this brand and I love it!! So pretty

Yaay @lmaster; happy to hear this brand has been good to you. I've used some nice ones from them over the years, including their jelly masks! And, yes, this one is so pretty. 

@itsfi Thank you for the information!

@tjffc, talking about masks is one of my favorite things to do. Hearing others talk about masks is another favorite. ๐Ÿ˜ Which is a couple of reasons why this thread is a go to for me for the last couple of years. 

P is for Peaches ๐Ÿ‘

2ECB39CF-F12C-454F-879E-BFC07779C5A9.jpeg

Spoiler

The Creme Shop Fusion Peaches N Cream Sheet Mask

This is a thin-medium thickness cotton sheet mask that was saturated with plenty of serum. It had a peachy scent, that was maybe just slightly perfumy, though peach is mostly what I smelled while the mask was on. Like a lot of Creme Shop masks, the fit on this one was a little big - it was a little too wide, too long at the chin/jawline and the space between the eyes was just a teensy bit too wide for my preference. Despite the fit, the mask adhered well and was comfortable to wear the half hour I had it on. The leftover serum was a little tacky at first but it all absorbed in about 10 minutes. My face looked a slightly brighter and felt soft and comfortably hydrated.

I thought this one was great and I'd definitely use again! I'd repurchase if I found it at TJ Maxx, but just wouldn't pay retail price for it.

97F8C0F2-1D34-442E-A76F-239609FB4739.jpeg

Hehehe spoiled again by TJ prices @Shosh85! Hope you run across these so you can get more.

1 Reply
testing