Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Welcome โ„๏ธ๐Ÿ’– February, and the second month of the 2021 challenge!

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Snubbed It! Masks you donโ€™t want to use & are continually passed over. Thank you @ShortErica for a theme that is sure to help clear out the mask bin;)

Letter of the Week:  I

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@itsfi In this mask, seeing the star ingredient in 11th place doesn't bother me much, thanks to Q10's efficacy at lower percentages. It'd be nice to see it higher up, of course, but I know I'm still getting plenty of benefit from this ingredient anyway. That said, there are probably masks out there containing a higher percentage of Q10 in the $4-6 USD range. 

I'm bad at rotating my masks, too. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ Well, except most of my LuLuLun 7-sheet packs: I keep them laying flat and flip them 1-3 times a month. But rotating all the others is a chore. I find I don't have to worry much about any masks except the multi-sheet LuLuLuns and cream serum masks, and I usually massage cream mask sleeves anyway before use. I just don't always do a good enough job at it. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@WinglessOne, that's a good systems for mask rotation you have. It's a work in progress for me, but I've gotten better at it recently. The only consistent method I have so far is to flip the masks for the week upside down when I put them in my mini fridge. I probably remember to massage every other or every third mask I use. Baby steps. 

Loving that you seen the firming claims! @WinglessOne 

J is for Jelly

4BEC1CFA-0EA5-42BF-9789-40CD097BDD7E.jpeg

Spoiler

Meg Two-Step Jelly Mask (calming & pore care)

This is a two-step mask, with the first step being an AHA peeling swab (looks like a giant Q-tip) that you are supposed to swipe all over your face. The second step is the sheet mask. It is a super thin and meshy cotton sheet mask that had a light, sort of fresh and clean, floral scent. The mask was fully saturated and dripping with a thin, slimy, jelly serum, and there was enough left in the package for my hands, neck and chest. The fit was great - it was just a little too long at the chin. It adhered well and was comfortable to wear the 35 minutes I had it on. There was just some light tackiness that took less than 10 minutes to absorb. My face looked a little brighter, and my skin felt soft and nicely moisturized. I didn't notice a difference in my pores, but to be fair, I don't really need a whole lot of help in that department.

So far I've tried this and the one in the pink packaging and I really enjoyed them both! I will eventually repurchase these, but there are two others from the line I'd like to purchase and try first before doing that.

DD61723C-A664-47C5-A69F-3DFBA553E878.jpeg

I'd love a recap once you try them all @Shosh85. 2 down, 2 to go ๐Ÿ˜Š

@ShortErica  Absolutely! Will definitely have research the best place to purchase!๐Ÿ˜‰

Ooooh, this one sounds nice @Shosh85! I love jelly serums. ๐Ÿ’– Did you experience any tingling with the AHA? 

@itsfi  I didn't notice any tingling, though it is a mask I need to be careful when and how often I use it. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Have you used any from this line? 

I hear ya about being careful when to use this one @Shosh85. I think I tried the pink one a while back; it looks very familiar.

@itsfi  Ya know, now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure the pink one I tried was

from you! ๐Ÿ˜‚

This one I liked too @Shosh85 hopefully you can find the other two, I'd be interested in knowing about those as well

@lmaster  Glad to hear you liked it too! So you've tried the pink and green one?

@Shosh85 I know I've tried two of them,,, now I don't remember which two,,I do know it was either pink, green or purple ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster  Haha! Well, at least you know you haven't tried the orange! ๐Ÿ˜‚

What does the q tip look like, @Shosh85? Was there enough of step 1? I'm just so weirdly intrigued by the applicator. Glad it worked well!!

@haleyvvvv  There was enough to spread all over, just had to dip it back in a couple times. ๐Ÿ˜‰
I totally should've taken a picture of the Q-tip! I found a picture online that sort of gives you an idea of the size ๐Ÿ‘‡

80E67F1C-9DCE-4394-94DC-90B555A1662A.jpeg

I dunno why I thought the serum was like preloaded into the Qtip for spreading around the face, but that's what I was envisioning, lol, @Shosh85. Thank you for the info!!

Didnโ€™t realize there were yet two others form this line to try, @Shosh85! But not at all surprised you didโ˜บ๏ธ Happy this one worked out and didnโ€™t cause any irritation, itโ€™s always a bit of a gamble with the multi-step masks/ones that have acids.

@eshoe  Yup there's four total in this line and also two other masks from the brand I would like to try.

I have tried the pink and green ๐Ÿ‘‡

F005D749-5465-4111-815A-DD564BB0E49F.jpeg

Eventually I'd like to try these ๐Ÿ‘‡

D3F9D413-216C-4599-9D82-8F71216B8175.jpeg

Oooh the AM PM ones speak to me, @Shosh85! Of course, that could be the packaging. Itโ€™s very sharp!

First off, I miss you all and I feel bad I haven't posted or commented for what seems like ages. 

But I really want to post my rainbow theme mask, even though I did it at the beginning of the week and probably can't remember it all that well. From what I remember, though, I definitely liked it. I thought it was a nice mix of ingredients, and my skin actually did feel and look quite nice afterwards (a bit more soft, glowy, and hydrated that usual). From what I remember, the smell was nice and fruity. And I love rainbows, and I thought the little "I love me" message on the mask itself was so uplifting. Just a nice, cheerful mask. And I'm probably personifying this too much at this point, but it was just such a cute mask.

Oh, and finally, this was probably the best-fitting creme shop mask I have ever used. It was still a little large, but it was seriously so much better in terms of fit than all of the other creme shop masks I have tried. I find it so odd that this one was cut so differently, but I would really love it if this was their new fit. 

rainbow.jpg

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos1,467
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg