Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a 💰mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

This one I liked too @Shosh85 hopefully you can find the other two, I'd be interested in knowing about those as well

@lmaster  Glad to hear you liked it too! So you've tried the pink and green one?

@Shosh85 I know I've tried two of them,,, now I don't remember which two,,I do know it was either pink, green or purple 😆

@lmaster  Haha! Well, at least you know you haven't tried the orange! 😂

What does the q tip look like, @Shosh85? Was there enough of step 1? I'm just so weirdly intrigued by the applicator. Glad it worked well!!

@haleyvvvv  There was enough to spread all over, just had to dip it back in a couple times. 😉
I totally should've taken a picture of the Q-tip! I found a picture online that sort of gives you an idea of the size 👇

80E67F1C-9DCE-4394-94DC-90B555A1662A.jpeg

I dunno why I thought the serum was like preloaded into the Qtip for spreading around the face, but that's what I was envisioning, lol, @Shosh85. Thank you for the info!!

Didn’t realize there were yet two others form this line to try, @Shosh85! But not at all surprised you did☺️ Happy this one worked out and didn’t cause any irritation, it’s always a bit of a gamble with the multi-step masks/ones that have acids.

@eshoe  Yup there's four total in this line and also two other masks from the brand I would like to try.

I have tried the pink and green 👇

F005D749-5465-4111-815A-DD564BB0E49F.jpeg

Eventually I'd like to try these 👇

D3F9D413-216C-4599-9D82-8F71216B8175.jpeg

Oooh the AM PM ones speak to me, @Shosh85! Of course, that could be the packaging. It’s very sharp!

First off, I miss you all and I feel bad I haven't posted or commented for what seems like ages. 

But I really want to post my rainbow theme mask, even though I did it at the beginning of the week and probably can't remember it all that well. From what I remember, though, I definitely liked it. I thought it was a nice mix of ingredients, and my skin actually did feel and look quite nice afterwards (a bit more soft, glowy, and hydrated that usual). From what I remember, the smell was nice and fruity. And I love rainbows, and I thought the little "I love me" message on the mask itself was so uplifting. Just a nice, cheerful mask. And I'm probably personifying this too much at this point, but it was just such a cute mask.

Oh, and finally, this was probably the best-fitting creme shop mask I have ever used. It was still a little large, but it was seriously so much better in terms of fit than all of the other creme shop masks I have tried. I find it so odd that this one was cut so differently, but I would really love it if this was their new fit. 

rainbow.jpg

Hope you are doing well @PrettyPaint! Rainbow week was so cheerful and that message does make the mask shine even more. I agree, I wish the Creme Shop masks could be more consistently and better sized.

Miss you too @PrettyPaint! 🤗 This is such a cute mask! Love the results you got from it. It’s always great when a mask is cute and performs well!! That “I love me” message is such a sweet reminder for self care. This mask just checks off so many boxes!! ♥️

Thanks so much @itsfi. It definitely was a nice self care mask and a good pick me up.

@PrettyPaint so happy to see you!! With a beauty of a mask at that 🤗🌈

Thanks so much @lmaster. You all are really the best! 🙂

@PrettyPaint 🤗 so happy to see you here, I understand and am just thankful to hear you are doing ok! This mask seems to be a favorite, haven’t tried it yet but love that it has been so good for everyone who has given it a chance so far. Thanks for sharing:)

@eshoe  So great to get to chat with you again! 🙂 I really have missed it! I'm glad others have enjoyed this mask as well. I couldn't remember whether I had seen any reviews on it.

I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s good to know it’s worked for so many here, @PrettyPaint 🙂 I am still working through my stash before making any new purchases, hoping to make it to the end of the year🤞🏼

@PrettyPaint  I did that mask earlier this week too! Definitely perfect for the theme!

It's funny how The Creme Shop is all over the place with the fit/size of their masks. Out of all the Creme Shop masks I've tried, the character masks have had the best fit, along with a few from the "fusion" line. 

@Shosh85  It definitely is perfect for the theme. I'm going to go back a few pages and try to find your review. I really wish I could figure out how the Creme Shop makes their fit determinations. I have seriously considered emailing them to compliment them on the masks that fit well.

1 Reply
testing