Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a 💰mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

I tried a foil of the Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  which fits the rainbow theme. It's a pretty color and smells nice. But my face does not like Vitamin-C. 

Good thing you just tried a foil and didn't splurge for packaging @Samtian 

This is such a lovely sounding mask. I'm sorry to hear about the vitamin c, I hope your skin is okay, @Samtian !!

@haleyvvvv Thank you, it is now.

Oh no, @Samtian - hope you didn’t have a reaction to this. The powder form has been helpful for me, as I can monitor the amount that goes into my routine better. So sorry this didn’t work for you😕

@eshoe Oh yes I did haha.

@Samtian  Oh bummer, sorry your skin didn't like this one! It definitely wins points for prettiness! 😉

Oh, no! I'm sorry that your skin isn't a fan of Vitamin C @Samtian. I've always loved the packaging on this one.

@PrettyPaint Thank you, yes the packaging is gorgeous.

@Samtian, sorry to hear this one didn’t work out for you. Are you allergic or sensitive to all forms of vitamin C? 

@itsfi Not sure, but I  know my face does not like it at all.

I’m sorry @Samtian! I hope your skin is recovering from the vitamin C in this one.

Rainbow week continues with orange and I went with a pumpkin theme. 🎃 Come to think of it, I may have also gone with a pumpkin theme for last year's rainbow week as well. 🤣 In any event, it's not the exact same masking session as before, but each of these masks are repeats. I'm also going to give this masking sesh a Q for quintessential, as pumpkins are the quintessential fall vegetable! 😆😉
Pumpkins everywhere!Pumpkins everywhere!

Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask
Spoiler
Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask is one of my forever favorite mask, a true oldie-but-goodie. This PTR mask literally smells like a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks, which yes, that's what's in the back there - my first pumpkin spice latte of the season. This physical and chemical exfoliating mask is a smidge on the thick side, but spreads easily. There's a slight tingling upon initial contact, the result of the pumpkin extract (a natural exfoliator), vitamin C, and lactic acid (AHA), but it eventually fades away, leaving my skin super soft, polished, and brightened. This PTR mask is a regular repurchase. 
Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Biocellulose Face Mask
Spoiler
Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Bio-cellulose Face Mask has more of an autumn spice scent than a pumpkin spice scent, due in large part, I suspect to the clove leaf, orange peel and turmeric root extracts. Bio-cellulose masks are nice after a peel, or here, the enzymatic PTR mask. While I think this pumpkin skin mask is better than the original Trader Joe's mask, this isn't one I'm inclined to repurchase. I will, however, be interested to see if Trader Joe's brings this mask back this season or if there will be a new mask, sheet mask or otherwise, for the fall. I've heard that some pumpkin products have begun making their way to certain TJ's, but the ones near me are said to have them in stock next week, which coincides with @SportyGirly125's post on the Trader Joe's thread that pumpkin product should be arriving in TJ stores after Labor Day. 
Too Cool For School Pumpkin Hydra Gold Eye Gel Patch Illuminating 2-Step Eye Patch
Spoiler
Too Cool For School Pumpkin Hydra Gold Eye Gel Patch Illuminating 2-Step Eye Patch is another multi-step mask, with the first step being a medium thick eye cream with claimed brightening and anti-wrinkle properties and the second step being oversized hydrogel eye patches infused with pumpkin and 24K gold to firm and brighten the undereye area. I'm not a huge eye cream person, though you probably wouldn't think it with all the DS and FS eye creams I have, the vast majority of which were part of gwps or gift bags. That said, the cream in this first step is nice - it goes on smoothly and there's enough for my entire face. It's impossible to know if this cream lives up to its anti-wrinkle claims with one use, but my undereye area does feel hydrated and looks a bit more plump after applying the cream. The gold eye patches are extra large, which I don't mind as it means my cheeks also get to benefit from the cooling hydrogel - we're experiencing a bit of a heat wave at the moment so the cooling sensation is very much welcome. Overall, this 2-step eye care pack is alright - the packaging is cute and it's fun to use. I can see this being something useful before a special occasion or to use while on a flight (especially if you need to hit the ground running when you land), which is more likely how I'd use it again if I had another one of these packs, but ultimately, this is not a repurchase for me. 

Sorry to see the tcfs masks were not a repurchase @itsfi love your theme 😊

@lmaster, I much prefer the coconut line of TCFS masks, and the egg line too, over their pumpkin masks. These weren’t bad; I think  I’m just finicky when it comes to undereye patches. Gotta have a pumpkin theme around this time of year. 🎃 

What most excites me in this photo is the evidence of coffee, yum @itsfi ️ You also must truly ❤️ the PTR, that is a FS I spy☺️ Love finding a go-to mask that makes you happy!

Ha! There’s usually coffee in this house every day @eshoe. ️ This is the first time in a long time though that it came from an outside source. The PTR mask I found at TJ Maxx or Marshalls - for $12.99!!!! 😍 It was last year but I cannot remember where (whether in town or when I was away for work) I picked it up. 

WOW great deal on the pumpkin mask, @itsfi 🤩 Especially since it’s one you already know you love, what a fantastic find. 

Yay for fall coffee, it must have felt like such a nice treat. We tried making Frappuccino’s at home, and well...it just wasn’t the same:D 

Yeah, I was taken by surprise at the price @eshoe, which I'm sure is what cemented my decision to purchase it. I always seem to find the best deals on skincare / masks at TJM / Marshalls when I go in not looking to pick up any of those things. 😂 Or, when I'm out of town. 

Oooh, a frappuccino. I can't even remember the last time I had one of those, from Starbucks or homemade. It must have been refreshing with the warm weather though. 

@itsfi  I always love pumpkin stuff, but I am particularly excited about it this year for some reason. Maybe because it's comforting. Do I spy a PSL? Mmmm. I was just thinking yesterday about how I probably won't have one this year because of social distancing. That's ok, because I just ordered some of the LE pumpkin spice nespresso capsules and will be making my own. 

That PTR mask will always be one of my favorites. I think I'll use it tomorrow morning, in fact.

And that will be really cool if Trader Joe's has a pumpkin line for the Fall. It's probably good I don't have one nearby because I would buy all the things!!!

Yes @PrettyPaint! This is my first PSL for this year . . . and I think it will be my last, actually. I went to Target on an errand for my mom and got there before the store opened, so I was literally the only customer on the lower level and there was no one in line at the Starbucks so I went for it. As for it being my last PSL, I think my taste buds have become accustomed to just coffee, no extras; it tasted so rich and sweet to me. When I got back home, I ended up diluting it with coffee. hahaha! Going forward, I may just burn a pumpkin spice candle while I sip my coffee; well, I'll burn a candle when we're not in the middle of a heat wave. 🤣 BUT that pumpkin spice nespresso sounds delish! Hmmm . . . Making a note to self. "Self, time to restock on nespresso... and check out the LE pumpkin spice varietal." I am excited for all the pumpkin goodness that TJ's will have. I doubt I'll pick everything up but I always do enjoy seeing all the pumpkin treats. 

testing