Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Thank you, @ShortErica!! I think it is maybe less water/liquid (maybe it settles more to the bottom in the tub), or the act of squeezing it out of tube makes it more pliant/removes some of the graininess?

@haleyvvvv  I love your weekly rainbow line-up! The PTR Pumpkin mask and the Honey Potion are two of my most favorite wash-offs! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Yes, @Shosh85!! Love honey potion!! Thank you!!

@haleyvvvv there's a few new to me in your line up! Thanks for reviewing these

Thank you, @lmaster!! 

@haleyvvvv very impressive! A lot of great masks and some I have been wanting to try.

Thank you, @ladyassassin!!

@haleyvvvv, Iโ€™m impressed that you rotate through all those masks regularly. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Nice variety in your masks. 

Thank you, @itsfi !! I love masking, so this weekly schedule helps me keep a variety while not having *too* many open at once or deal with decision fatigue. Plus, this thread helps me use up some my sheet mask collection which for some reason I've accumulated despite them not being my fave, lol.

Love your summary, @haleyvvvv. Every week is rainbow week here, too๐Ÿ˜Š The Dr. Jart mask looks good, charcoal sheet masks are some of the best fitting and most comfy in my mind!

Thank you, @eshoe!! Rainbow week every week for everyone ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ!! 

The charcoal mask fit so well, I wished it had worked because I liked wearing it ๐Ÿ˜ž but maybe it'll inspire me to try more.

I hated my first charcoal sheet mask, @haleyvvvv. They grew on me as I realized how soft and comforting they are. There are others out there. Look at Me makes a good one. I will let you know when I think of others. Lapcos has a good one, too, but itโ€™s heavily fragranced. In a good way, as in it is a pleasant scent, but for some people, added perfume is not a welcome addition:)

I will definitely have to check more out, @eshoe !! Good to know about the Look at Me one, I'll keep an eye out for it. Thank you!!

Youโ€™re welcome, @haleyvvvv โ˜บ๏ธ

The rainbow theme mask challenge is one of my favorites, courtesy of the genius mastermind of the fabulous @sonnydee๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค— I'm a little behind in getting to all the masks I set aside for this week's challenge theme so some of them will run over to the next week or so, as ROY G. BIV week is undergoing a redesign this year in my house, thanks to the only family member who truly appreciates my love of hauls and all things beauty and fashion related - my niece tells me that there are actually 2 more colors than the Roy G. Biv 7! In addition to red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet, there's . . . wait for it . . . 

pink and sparkle! ๐ŸŒˆ ๐Ÿ’—โ‡๏ธโœจ 

We'll start off with red and the rest of the rainbow masks this and next week will probably mix in another past challenge theme, with random colors selected as inspiration for my masks.

Starting out the rainbow theme with a couple of red masks.Starting out the rainbow theme with a couple of red masks.

Spoiler
I've used both these masks before; in fact, I might have used the Yadah Red Heating Foil Mask for last year's rainbow theme week as well. Heating foil masks are intended to create a sauna-like moisturizing effect, the idea being that the thin foil on the outside of the mask and the soft, likely cotton material on the inside of the mask create a barrier to prevent the essence from evaporating, thus allowing the active ingredients in the essence to penetrate into the skin more effectively. It's not like a sauna in the traditional sense where your skin feels hot; maybe the analogy to the sauna is meant more like the infrared saunas. In any event, a good bit of the unscented essence remains after the recommended 20-minutes; there's also extra of the slightly viscous essence in the packet. I've kept this mask on for up to 40 minutes before without it being fully absorbed by the time I remove the mask. Hard for me to say for certain whether the essence absorbed deeper into my skin. My knee jerk assessment would be not really. Personally, I think an essence absorbs more effectively based more on whether I've exfoliated my skin beforehand than on the foil combination, but I haven't put that to the test (hmmm . . . perhaps a future experiment for me, or someone else here). My skin, however, did look and feel hydrated and nourished afterwards, with a subtle fresh brightness to it. ๐Ÿ’– The mask itself is very pretty (see spoiler for pic).
Spoiler
Too long at the chin and jawline for my face shape. Also need to make incisions at the outer corner of the mouth.Too long at the chin and jawline for my face shape. Also need to make incisions at the outer corner of the mouth.
Ingredients (sheet mask):
Spoiler
Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Rubus Chingii Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Schisandra Chinensis Fruit Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Beta-Glucan, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Arginine, 1,2โ€“Hexanediol, Adenosine, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, PVM/MA Copolymer, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronate Acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Eclipta Prostrata Extract, Coccinia Indica Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxyacetophenone, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Xanthan Gum, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil  

Wash Off + Lip Balm

Spoiler
I used the Eminence Organic Skin Care Sour Cherry Masque last month, so I won't spend too long reviewing it here. The scent on this, on all Eminence masks really, is wonderful! Cherry pie filling without the calories. ๐Ÿ˜ And my skin is left slightly brightened and moisturized. I'm coming around to the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Lip Balm & Scrub Cherry - it's definitely a lip balm and not a scrub, at least the one I have. Maybe that means I need to pick up another one to confirm? ๐Ÿ˜€ Since I've been reaching for it more frequently, I notice it's become easier to apply, feels more smooth and slightly moisturizing on the lips and I do love the tint it leaves behind. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone's masks for this week's rainbow theme.

Pink and sparkle need to be added to the rainbow colors, per my niece.Pink and sparkle need to be added to the rainbow colors, per my niece.

@itsfi looking forward to seeing your rainbow of masking. The Yadah masks sounds wonderful.

Thank you @ladyassassin! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Iโ€™m not sure about the sauna like effect that most foil masks tout but they do hydrate my skin pretty well and my always dehydrated loves that! ๐Ÿ’–

Ah I forgot about this Eminence mask since you last reviewed it, @itsfi. Heading off to check it out, it sounds yummy! We made pie pops today and didnโ€™t have proper filling so the younger one suggested chocolate chips and marshmallows. Cherry ๐Ÿ’ is one filling I need to have on hand:)

Pie pops @eshoe? Iโ€™ve made cake pops, years ago, but must have missed pie pops. Hmmm ... concerning that I missed a dessert phenomena. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Eminence masks are great. Iโ€™m contemplating moving in that direction for the majority of my wash off mask collection. Which, given the number of masks they have, could be dangerous. ๐Ÿ˜ 

Yes, it seemed a little iffy to me, @itsfi! It was a recipe from an American Girl magazine and it was...interesting. The taste was there, and it helped pass the afternoon. Iโ€™ve had to limit baked goods to at least every other day, though ๐Ÿ˜„ 

Which direction are you referring to with masks? Also, if you have tried their Kale one, I would love to know if itโ€™s worth a buy.

I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve tried the Eminence kale mask @eshoe. Or, not that I remember - itโ€™s entirely possible that the aesthetician used it on me and I donโ€™t recall it; I very often fall asleep during my facials. I know she likes to layer various masks, usually 2, sometimes 3, depending on my skinโ€™s needs, during the facial.

Oh, by direction of masks, I just meant using more Eminence masks more frequently in my masking routine as far as non-sheet masks go. 

1 Reply
testing