Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Love the comparison @Shosh85! β™₯️ These masks are nice; I think lavender in masks is a hard one because the potency of the fragrance can be too much.

@itsfi  These really are nice masks and such a unique concept! 

I can rarely ever do lavender scents because it's usually so potent, but the great results on this one sorta evened it out πŸ˜‰

A 3 step gifted my the ever so thoughtful @eshoe 

IMG_20200827_113217958.jpg

 

Spoiler
Step 1 is a peeling gel, I liked this one better than the boscia version, it did leave my skin feeling softer. Step 2 is a thin white sheet, the scent was light and hardly noticeable and highly saturated with clear serum. Fit was pretty good, and I have started to perform surgery now and I'm kinda kicking myself for being too lazy in the past because it does really help!! After I removed the mask, my skin felt nicely hydrated! Step 3 is a balancing gel, this is a step im not familiar with, I have never used a balancing gel before. I noticed after applying it, my skin turned pretty matte. I think that is pretty beneficial for someone who has oily skin in the summer and wants to wear makeup. Overall I enjoyed this 3 step mask and would repurchase if I came across it, thanks again lovely!!

So happy to hear this one worked out for you, @lmaster! I really enjoyed it, too:)

@eshoe it's a winner absolutely!! Thank you πŸ€—

With the balancing gel step, it sounds like this might make a good morning mask (for someone not too rushed in the a.m.), @lmaster.

@quspork I was very happy with all the steps in this mask, definitely a great morning mask πŸ‘

@lmaster  Very interesting!! I’m not sure I’m invested enough to try a 3 step mask. I feel like I would fall asleep before I hit the second step πŸ₯±

It really was not time consuming @ather about 25 minutes total

@lmaster  That’s not to bad! 

@lmaster  This is such a great one! Glad to hear you enjoyed it too!

@Shosh85 I did love it!! Thank you sweets!

Pyungkang Yul makes one of my all time favorite essences (though they call it an essence toner) @lmaster! I've taken this 3-step pack with me often for traveling and I use the balancing gel just on my T-zone. Glad to hear this was a nice one for you.

Thank you @itsfi after trying this one, I'd love to have more of these on hand

Like @quspork, I used a JayJun 3-step mask this week. I feel like this brand has a lot of 3-step sheet masks in its collection.

3-step jayjun.jpeg

Spoiler
JayJun Anti-Dust Whitening Mask claims to brighten, tone and purify the skin of the effects of daily pollution. This 3-step system consists of a sheet mask, an ampoule and an undereye cream. Well, let's just see . . . 

Step 1: Anti-Dust Luminous Mask is a soft, medium thick, microfiber sheet mask saturated but not dripping in a slightly fresh and floral-scented, niacinamide-based, creamy milky gel-serum. For me, adherence on this mask was great - it hugged my skin and wore comfortably for the entire 30-minute wear time. Fit was on the large side, both length-wise at the chin and width-wise at the temples. Additionally, the eye holes and mouth hole were a bit too narrow for my liking, but nothing that my mini-scissors couldn't remedy. Results-wise, my skin felt hydrated and moisturized, and looked plump and brightened. If this mask were sold separately, I would definitely pick up one (or two or ...)  πŸ˜ It's one I think those with dry skin (that's not sensitive to fragrance) would really enjoy. πŸ’–

Step 2: Anti-Dust Luster Ampule is a slightly viscous, pearlescent gel that also boasts niacinamide as a star ingredient. Actually, it boasts a lot of brightening ingredients, including several herb and flower extracts and oils, which may trigger a reaction to those with sensitive skin. The ampoule absorbs easily into the skin, leaving it bouncy and with a slight tack-to the-touch feel.

Step 3: Anti-Dust Eyes Under Corrector is a thick, pale-peach cream with a perfumed lotion scent that claims to brighten and tighten the undereye area. It's too thick for my liking as an undereye cream so I've been using the product as a moisturizer and, it's ... okay. There's a lot of product in this packet so if it works for you as an eye cream or moisturizer, great. If it's not a good fit as an undereye cream or as an all over moisturizer, I can see this being re-purposed as a light hand cream. 

Overall Thoughts: I have mixed feelings about this JayJun 3-step mask system. The sheet mask is a love-like for me; the ampoule, a "maybe" and the undereye cream, a "pass". I'm glad I had an opportunity to try this 3-step mask, but it's not one I'd repurchase. 

Your sentiments about this mask are similar to how I felt about it, @itsfi. The green one though, that was very nice! Interesting about the eye cream, unusual for a 3-stepper. 

And yay for repurposing products! I’ve got a couple of cleansers in the shower now, they work beautifully and I don’t feel bad about having to toss a less than stellar product awayπŸ‘πŸΌ

Yeah @eshoe, I try to repurpose products or give them to others if it makes sense to do that. So my hands, elbows and feet are often the beneficiaries when a product disagrees with my face. πŸ˜† 

@itsfi  Ooo I like you’re repurposed idea to a hand cream! Such an awesome idea!

@ather, anything that doesn’t work for my face usually gets repurposed for my elbows, hands or feet. πŸ˜‚ They’ve become an unofficial repository of sorts for my β€œnah” or sometimes even my β€œmeh” products.  It’s the only way I’ve been able to get through some items. 😝 

@itsfi  My elbows and hands can always use a little extra care!! 

Right?!! And, it helps with working through all the products @ather