Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Yes, I'd love a truer watermelon scent but otherwise it checks the boxes for me @quspork 

Now I'm super curious about the masqueology watermelon! @ShortErica love your battle!!

Do you have a watermelon favorite @lmaster? I remember trying Glow Recipe in the past but there's probably lots of watermelon masks to try.

Purlisse has a great one too @ShortErica 

@ShortErica  I am loving this watermelon mash up!! They all had super cute packaging too. I may have one or two of these in my stash so I might have to dig them out and use them to compare!!! 

Sometimes dedicating a bit of time for a comparison is so worth it. I definitely recommend it @ather. Even with notes about the masks, it's hard to figure out which is the winner. Watermelon is so perfect for this weather and I can't wait to see what you think of them!

@ShortErica  I love watermelon!! I even have one of the Sephora watermelon masks!! The weather where I live is leaning towards fall already. Itโ€™s cold out. But I canโ€™t complain we had a great summer!!

@ShortErica  Oooh, love a watermelon duel! ๐Ÿ‰ I had no idea I'd given you so many watermelon masks, but it makes sense because I love watermelon and these are some of my favorites! 

It is super annoying how some masks have their star ingredient(s) so far down in the list - it does seem that all of BioBelle's new masks are like that.
Glad they all turned out great!

I was like, hey it's @Shosh85, and Shosh and Shosh again - thank you again! Yes, bioBelle seemed like it was effective despite having those ingredients at the bottom but yeah, a bit disappointing. The other thing I loved was that each of these masks had good size philtrum areas - nothing skimpy!

This weekโ€™s 3-step mask from Missha, thanks to the recent motm ๐Ÿ“ฆ 

E058BEF2-3C60-47E3-8BC6-3C4D2765918E.jpeg

Spoiler
My skin has been so disagreeable this week. Iโ€™ve had a few blemishes along my jawbone and dots havenโ€™t been helping, so I was hoping some exfoliating would help. This was the second (or third?) time Iโ€™ve tried the Youth To The People Yerba Mate Resurfacing + Exfoliating Energy Facial with Enzymes + Niacinamide 2...., and I still donโ€™t have any strong feelings about it one way or another. Lots of tiny granules, so I was extra careful when rinsing off.

This Missha 3-Step Nutrition Mask starts with Essence, which Iโ€™ve come to appreciate more as Iโ€™ve made it part of my skincare routine. It seemed superfluous at first, but thatโ€™s how I felt about serum a few years ago, too๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ I think as a first step, itโ€™s a great choice. This essence felt more like a rich serum, with a clean laundry-type scent. Step two, the mask, was a thicker, soft and stretchy fabric that felt lovely but fell away from my face to the point that I removed it after about 15 minutes of struggling. My skin felt quite soft and hydrated. Since step three was the hydrating cream, I went through my final steps and then applied it last. It was pleasant enough, no irritation so that was a plus. Itโ€™s not a mask I would repurchase, but I loved having the opportunity to try it, so a very big thank you and hug to the person who included it in the box, it was greatly appreciated!

@eshoe that's what I love about motm, getting to try new ones out ๐Ÿ˜Š

Me too, @lmaster. Itโ€™s all about the adventure, doesnโ€™t matter if they are good or badโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe  Too bad you donโ€™t have thoughts on the YTTP Iโ€™ve been debating it for a bit. I might have to see if I have a sample. I totally agree with you about serums. A few years ago I didnโ€™t use them but now I canโ€™t get enough!!!

@atherI guess as much as I love physical exfoliatants, I realize they are not a good match for my normal/dry skin. I love them, but tend to overuse them as a result. The granules in this one are small, but noticeably rough. If your skin can handle it, this might be a brilliant fit for you. Itโ€™s fun to use and I love the brand overall; the Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m... is my all-time favorite daytime moisturizer.

@eshoe  In the summer I might be able to get away with a physical exfoliate but in the winter I think I am to dry!! I will definitely check that moisturizer out!! Thank you!

I love that MOtM allows us to try something we might not want to purchase ourselves. This sounds nice @eshoe. Hope your face calms down. I've been having some blemish issues too. Ugh!

Yes @ShortErica Iโ€™ve had fun trying new masks. They havenโ€™t always panned out, but isnโ€™t that how it works, at least in part? Itโ€™s the most fun trying them, if they arenโ€™t a god fit, then I just know what I donโ€™t like/need ๐Ÿ™‚

@eshoe  All three steps on this one sound pretty decent! I'm happy MOTM gave you a chance to try it out! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

They were good, @Shosh85! Iโ€™ve been using the Missha Time Revolution and along with the CosRx, they have helped me see what a difference an essence can make in plumping the skin. 3 step masks used to seem like a lot of work, but I kinda donโ€™t mind them anymore๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

@eshoe  Glad you're enjoying the CosRX! I'm lovin' the stringy-sliminess of the snail products! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐ŸŒ

Me too, @Shosh85. Itโ€™s kind of a game, if I can apply it to both cheeks without a thread leaving its mark across my face๐Ÿ˜ 

1 Reply
testing