Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 Mask of the Week Challenge 😌💖

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challenge🙌🏼

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@eshoe  Oh nice, that sounds like a fun comparison - I'll be interested to hear what you find out! Hope you enjoy it! 😃

I will, @Shosh85. It falls into the ‘it’s so pretty I don’t want to use it’ category:)

Me too @eshoe! It's so unique compared to the others in my basket. I feel like I need to save it.

Yeah it’s tough working through that category, @ShortErica ☺️

This is a nice comparison, @Shosh85. Lavender is definitely one of those scents that can be nice in small doses but easily becomes overwhelming when it's too strong. 

@quspork  Exactly - small doses is key. I feel like it's generally such a strong scent with most products.

@Shosh85  I love that you always want to try everything. I think that’s such a good idea!!! I always love reading your thoughts! 

@ather  It is super fun to be able to try a whole line of masks and compare them with each other. Though, I have to say, @ShortErica is the "gotta catch 'em all" queen! 👑😉

Hahaha @Shosh85, it always feels like a mission. I'm lucky to have so many sweet BIC friends that share with me. But yeah, wanting all of the varieties of a mask made me go on a no buy so unfortunately catching em all does have consequences. Only 4 months left though!

@ShortErica No more Holika Holika 10-packs for you! 😜😂 Are you strictly on a mask no-buy, or just skincare in general? 4 months seems like a long time, but it goes by quick! 

Only the aloe Holika Holika but considering I bought 2 10-packs last year, not even those @Shosh85. Mask only no buy. I think I can get my inventory down to 100 which will be good since I feel wash off masks are forgotten in the sheet mask madness. Hopefully I'll be able to get a balance.

Love the comparison @Shosh85! ♥️ These masks are nice; I think lavender in masks is a hard one because the potency of the fragrance can be too much.

@itsfi  These really are nice masks and such a unique concept! 

I can rarely ever do lavender scents because it's usually so potent, but the great results on this one sorta evened it out 😉

A 3 step gifted my the ever so thoughtful @eshoe 

IMG_20200827_113217958.jpg

Spoiler
Step 1 is a peeling gel, I liked this one better than the boscia version, it did leave my skin feeling softer. Step 2 is a thin white sheet, the scent was light and hardly noticeable and highly saturated with clear serum. Fit was pretty good, and I have started to perform surgery now and I'm kinda kicking myself for being too lazy in the past because it does really help!! After I removed the mask, my skin felt nicely hydrated! Step 3 is a balancing gel, this is a step im not familiar with, I have never used a balancing gel before. I noticed after applying it, my skin turned pretty matte. I think that is pretty beneficial for someone who has oily skin in the summer and wants to wear makeup. Overall I enjoyed this 3 step mask and would repurchase if I came across it, thanks again lovely!!

So happy to hear this one worked out for you, @lmaster! I really enjoyed it, too:)

@eshoe it's a winner absolutely!! Thank you 🤗

With the balancing gel step, it sounds like this might make a good morning mask (for someone not too rushed in the a.m.), @lmaster.

@quspork I was very happy with all the steps in this mask, definitely a great morning mask 👍

@lmaster  Very interesting!! I’m not sure I’m invested enough to try a 3 step mask. I feel like I would fall asleep before I hit the second step 🥱

It really was not time consuming @ather about 25 minutes total

@lmaster  That’s not to bad! 

2 Replies