Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@itsfi Mmm frankincense!

Mmm is right @Samtian! I really loved the scent on this one. So relaxing and calming.

@itsfi I seem to remember you trying this brand earlier this year; the ingredients stuck out to me. Not sure if I’ve heard of another one with frankincense!

From what I've used, and it's only been 2 sheet masks, I am liking this brand, @eshoe. This mask in particular was very nice. I made a note to look more into their skincare products after I've gone through some more of my stash. πŸ˜

Ok you sold me, @itsfi πŸ˜‚ I wonder if any of their skincare uses the same scent formula. A mist would be lovely!

@eshoe, a mist with in this frankincense scent would be fantastic. I just looked online and it seems like there’s a toner in a spray bottle 😍 that you can get through amazon, and there’s a face oil you can get directly on their US site. I cannot justify another mist, but my skin loves face oils in the fall and winter. Hmmm ... πŸ€” There’s also a mini travel kit ... Hmmm again ... πŸ€” πŸ˜† 

Ooh, a frankincense mask! That does sound like a good one, @itsfi

@quspork, it's the first I've heard of frankincense in skincare. It's lovely and I just saw that they have a line of skincare products featuring frankincense as the star ingredient. I may have to check that out after I've gone through more of my skincare stash. 

@itsfi  I've never heard of this brand! I'm not sure I've ever used a Frankencense mask before - will have to research that one! So happy to hear you loved it! πŸ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, the brand only has a few masks but they’ve been good. I’m excited to try out the others I have! β™₯️ I thought I saw on their site that they have a sampler set of all the masks in this line and it’s currently marked down.

I don’t think I have any 3 step masks so I’m going with for Royal pearl! I picked up a box of these last time I was in the city and noticed the expiry date is super close. So I will be trying to use these guys fast! Had a good fit. I normally need to smoosh into place. Stayed on well I left on for 30 minutes maybe longer I don’t remember looking and tracking the time super closely. Claims radiance mask. Pretty much the only English on the box. More research says hydration and whitening. Not sure how much whitening I can see I’ve got a crazy tan going on. I felt very hydrated tho. I would use it again if I had it but I don’t think I would search it out. 

6E97020E-CD04-4C56-82D4-6E93156196EC.jpeg

 

@ather good job getting through those masks! I like mbd masks, but whitening is a claim I'm unsure of

@lmaster  This is the only one I’ve tried from this brand. I may have to look for others to try!!

Yes, beat those expiration dates @ather! I'm never sure what to expect by whitening claims either. πŸ€·

@ShortErica  I agree. Like is it my whole face or just spots?! Hmm πŸ€” 

At least you received some needed hydration, @ather! I feel like very few sheet masks perform exceptionally at any objectives other than hydration. But as long as it does that, it was worth it:)

@eshoe  I totally agree!!! 

@ather   Too bad it wasn't anything amazing! I haven't tried this one yet, but like @itsfi, I have tried the Black Pearl and really enjoyed it. It'd be a fun experiment to compare the two different pearls πŸ˜‰ 

I'm always interested to see/hear how a mask does after using it consecutively for several days! I'd love to hear the outcome, if you do decide to try it! 😊

@Shosh85  Yes I would be interested in trying the black one. And seeing the difference between the two!!  I can send you one of the Royal pearl if you like. But it’s almost about to expire. 

@ather  Awe, you are super sweet to offer, but I think I might already have it in my stash! πŸ‘

@ather, I haven’t used this particular mask from My Beauty Diary but I have used the black pearl one and liked it a lot - like this one, it was great for hydrating my skin and since it contained pearl powder, I saw some (temporary) brightening. I suspect that consistent, regular use of brightening / whitening products would give more of a glow to the complexion. I do wish that brands would replace β€œwhitening” claims with β€œbrightening” though (unless the item is intended to make one’s face white, that is). I see shifts to that among some beauty brands.

1 Reply