Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a 💰mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Looooove this one @quspork! 🧡🧡🧡 I will be sad when there are no more of these boxes to be found at TJ Maxx / Marshalls. I still keep hope that OH will bring in back. 

We share that hope, @itsfi! Maybe the @olehenriksen gods and goddesses will hear our prayers. 🙏

@quspork  Definitely a favorite of mine as well! Happy to hear you love it too! I'll be sad when we stop seeing it at TJ Maxx/Marshall's! 😢

Most definitely, @Shosh85. But then maybe they'll bring it back (or some version of it) -- here's hoping!

I is for Inna Organic
Inns Organic.jpeg
Spoiler
The subtle blend of scents from the Inna Organic Frankincense Rich Revitalizing Facial Mask is very calming and soothing to my senses - it's slightly herbal, slightly sweet, and slightly woody, with just a tinge of fresh, subtle citrus fruit, and this is without any added fragrance! 💖

The sheet mask itself is soft, thin, and feels extraordinarily comfortable against my skin. Adherence is wonderful and fit was made better with a few snips here and there to the corners of the eyes, nose and mouth. Directions recommend 10-20 minutes, but since the mask felt so comfortable on and the slightly viscous essence didn't feel anywhere near close to drying out, I ended up keeping the mask on for my usual 30 minutes. The results from this mask are wonderful as well - the essence absorbs quickly, without leaving any tackiness, and my skin looks and feels refreshed, hydrated and soothed. I even noticed that a couple of slow healing spots seemed a lot less red. I have all of the masks in this particular line and have tried the Rose Geranium mask, which results I liked though the scent was not my favorite. This Frankincense Rich Revitalizing varietal is a winner all around and one I will definitely repurchase. Love.

Ingredients: 
Spoiler
Demineralized Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Cupressus Sempervirens (Cypress) Leaf Water, Propanediol, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Water, Sodium Levulinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Maltose, Agave Tequilana Leaf Extract, Sodium Anisate, Boswellia Neglecta (Frankincense) Resin Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, Buddleja Davidii Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate
I paired the mask with the Smashbox Mindful 5 Nourishing Lip Oil, which has a drier consistency than I expected from an oil. I think of oils as either thin and runny or thick and goopy, so the texture on this one took me a little by surprise. It's lightweight but with a slightly goopy consistency. I wouldn't describe it as emollient - my lips feel coated but not greasy or heavy, which is nice. I'm not sure though whether this gives me enough hydration or moisture on its own. I'll continue to use it for the next few weeks to see how it performs and how my lips feel about it. 😉
Smashbox Mindful 5 Nourishing Lip Oil 

@itsfi sounds incredible!

@lmaster, this was so nice. 😍 Wish I used it sooner but it will definitely be a repurchase.

@itsfi Mmm frankincense!

Mmm is right @Samtian! I really loved the scent on this one. So relaxing and calming.

@itsfi I seem to remember you trying this brand earlier this year; the ingredients stuck out to me. Not sure if I’ve heard of another one with frankincense!

From what I've used, and it's only been 2 sheet masks, I am liking this brand, @eshoe. This mask in particular was very nice. I made a note to look more into their skincare products after I've gone through some more of my stash. 😁

Ok you sold me, @itsfi 😂 I wonder if any of their skincare uses the same scent formula. A mist would be lovely!

@eshoe, a mist with in this frankincense scent would be fantastic. I just looked online and it seems like there’s a toner in a spray bottle 😍 that you can get through amazon, and there’s a face oil you can get directly on their US site. I cannot justify another mist, but my skin loves face oils in the fall and winter. Hmmm ... 🤔 There’s also a mini travel kit ... Hmmm again ... 🤔 😆 

Ooh, a frankincense mask! That does sound like a good one, @itsfi

@quspork, it's the first I've heard of frankincense in skincare. It's lovely and I just saw that they have a line of skincare products featuring frankincense as the star ingredient. I may have to check that out after I've gone through more of my skincare stash. 

@itsfi  I've never heard of this brand! I'm not sure I've ever used a Frankencense mask before - will have to research that one! So happy to hear you loved it! 😃

@Shosh85, the brand only has a few masks but they’ve been good. I’m excited to try out the others I have! ♥️ I thought I saw on their site that they have a sampler set of all the masks in this line and it’s currently marked down.

I don’t think I have any 3 step masks so I’m going with for Royal pearl! I picked up a box of these last time I was in the city and noticed the expiry date is super close. So I will be trying to use these guys fast! Had a good fit. I normally need to smoosh into place. Stayed on well I left on for 30 minutes maybe longer I don’t remember looking and tracking the time super closely. Claims radiance mask. Pretty much the only English on the box. More research says hydration and whitening. Not sure how much whitening I can see I’ve got a crazy tan going on. I felt very hydrated tho. I would use it again if I had it but I don’t think I would search it out. 

6E97020E-CD04-4C56-82D4-6E93156196EC.jpeg

@ather good job getting through those masks! I like mbd masks, but whitening is a claim I'm unsure of

@lmaster  This is the only one I’ve tried from this brand. I may have to look for others to try!!

Yes, beat those expiration dates @ather! I'm never sure what to expect by whitening claims either. 🤷

12 Replies
testing