Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@quspork  Exactly - small doses is key. I feel like it's generally such a strong scent with most products.

@Shosh85  I love that you always want to try everything. I think thatโ€™s such a good idea!!! I always love reading your thoughts! 

@ather  It is super fun to be able to try a whole line of masks and compare them with each other. Though, I have to say, @ShortErica is the "gotta catch 'em all" queen! ๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ˜‰

Hahaha @Shosh85, it always feels like a mission. I'm lucky to have so many sweet BIC friends that share with me. But yeah, wanting all of the varieties of a mask made me go on a no buy so unfortunately catching em all does have consequences. Only 4 months left though!

@ShortErica No more Holika Holika 10-packs for you! ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‚ Are you strictly on a mask no-buy, or just skincare in general? 4 months seems like a long time, but it goes by quick! 

Only the aloe Holika Holika but considering I bought 2 10-packs last year, not even those @Shosh85. Mask only no buy. I think I can get my inventory down to 100 which will be good since I feel wash off masks are forgotten in the sheet mask madness. Hopefully I'll be able to get a balance.

Love the comparison @Shosh85! โ™ฅ๏ธ These masks are nice; I think lavender in masks is a hard one because the potency of the fragrance can be too much.

@itsfi  These really are nice masks and such a unique concept! 

I can rarely ever do lavender scents because it's usually so potent, but the great results on this one sorta evened it out ๐Ÿ˜‰

A 3 step gifted my the ever so thoughtful @eshoe 

IMG_20200827_113217958.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
Step 1 is a peeling gel, I liked this one better than the boscia version, it did leave my skin feeling softer. Step 2 is a thin white sheet, the scent was light and hardly noticeable and highly saturated with clear serum. Fit was pretty good, and I have started to perform surgery now and I'm kinda kicking myself for being too lazy in the past because it does really help!! After I removed the mask, my skin felt nicely hydrated! Step 3 is a balancing gel, this is a step im not familiar with, I have never used a balancing gel before. I noticed after applying it, my skin turned pretty matte. I think that is pretty beneficial for someone who has oily skin in the summer and wants to wear makeup. Overall I enjoyed this 3 step mask and would repurchase if I came across it, thanks again lovely!!

So happy to hear this one worked out for you, @lmaster! I really enjoyed it, too:)

@eshoe it's a winner absolutely!! Thank you ๐Ÿค—

With the balancing gel step, it sounds like this might make a good morning mask (for someone not too rushed in the a.m.), @lmaster.

@quspork I was very happy with all the steps in this mask, definitely a great morning mask ๐Ÿ‘

@lmaster  Very interesting!! Iโ€™m not sure Iโ€™m invested enough to try a 3 step mask. I feel like I would fall asleep before I hit the second step ๐Ÿฅฑ

It really was not time consuming @ather about 25 minutes total

@lmaster  Thatโ€™s not to bad! 

@lmaster  This is such a great one! Glad to hear you enjoyed it too!

@Shosh85 I did love it!! Thank you sweets!

Pyungkang Yul makes one of my all time favorite essences (though they call it an essence toner) @lmaster! I've taken this 3-step pack with me often for traveling and I use the balancing gel just on my T-zone. Glad to hear this was a nice one for you.

Thank you @itsfi after trying this one, I'd love to have more of these on hand

Like @quspork, I used a JayJun 3-step mask this week. I feel like this brand has a lot of 3-step sheet masks in its collection.

3-step jayjun.jpeg

Spoiler
JayJun Anti-Dust Whitening Mask claims to brighten, tone and purify the skin of the effects of daily pollution. This 3-step system consists of a sheet mask, an ampoule and an undereye cream. Well, let's just see . . . 

Step 1: Anti-Dust Luminous Mask is a soft, medium thick, microfiber sheet mask saturated but not dripping in a slightly fresh and floral-scented, niacinamide-based, creamy milky gel-serum. For me, adherence on this mask was great - it hugged my skin and wore comfortably for the entire 30-minute wear time. Fit was on the large side, both length-wise at the chin and width-wise at the temples. Additionally, the eye holes and mouth hole were a bit too narrow for my liking, but nothing that my mini-scissors couldn't remedy. Results-wise, my skin felt hydrated and moisturized, and looked plump and brightened. If this mask were sold separately, I would definitely pick up one (or two or ...)  ๐Ÿ˜ It's one I think those with dry skin (that's not sensitive to fragrance) would really enjoy. ๐Ÿ’–

Step 2: Anti-Dust Luster Ampule is a slightly viscous, pearlescent gel that also boasts niacinamide as a star ingredient. Actually, it boasts a lot of brightening ingredients, including several herb and flower extracts and oils, which may trigger a reaction to those with sensitive skin. The ampoule absorbs easily into the skin, leaving it bouncy and with a slight tack-to the-touch feel.

Step 3: Anti-Dust Eyes Under Corrector is a thick, pale-peach cream with a perfumed lotion scent that claims to brighten and tighten the undereye area. It's too thick for my liking as an undereye cream so I've been using the product as a moisturizer and, it's ... okay. There's a lot of product in this packet so if it works for you as an eye cream or moisturizer, great. If it's not a good fit as an undereye cream or as an all over moisturizer, I can see this being re-purposed as a light hand cream. 

Overall Thoughts: I have mixed feelings about this JayJun 3-step mask system. The sheet mask is a love-like for me; the ampoule, a "maybe" and the undereye cream, a "pass". I'm glad I had an opportunity to try this 3-step mask, but it's not one I'd repurchase. 

1 Reply
testing