Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

A popular brand choice for multi-step week @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜‚

@quspork I'm glad you enjoyed the maskโ€”well, step 2 anyway! 

I had planned to use this and other 3-step JayJun masks this week, though there's usually at least one step of them I can't use. This particular one's not new to me, so I know what you mean about the fun green sheet. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

The green was a fun little surprise, @WinglessOne

@quspork  A fun green mask with pretty packaging sure makes a nice touch! Glad at least the mask turned out great! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I looked like an alien with the mask on, @Shosh85 but the mask itself seemed worth it!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

My masking from last night. I'm not using this Cryo mask for the multi step theme since it only has two steps, but I'm using it for I = Irritating. Irritating not because the rubber mask was a pain to keep in place on my face, but because this sadly irritated my skin โ˜น๏ธ These Dr. Jart masks have great reviews so I was excited to try. My cheeks and chin were red and I could feel it after 15 minutes. I couldn't leave this mask on for the 30-40 minutes it said to.

My go-to mask for when this happens is the First Aid Beauty FAB Pharma Arnica Relief & Rescue Mask . R for Relief and Rescue. Soothes and calms redness almost instantly for me. I use a generous amount and leave it for 15 minutes then massage into my skin before bed. My skin is back to normal this morning.

Oh no, that's too bad about the Dr. Jart+ mask, @ladyassassin!! I've only tried the older formulations, but I'll be wary now of this yellow brightening one. I do love the FAB mask, it is excellent!! 

I have a DS of the FAB, and agree, itโ€™s a nice calming mask @ladyassassin. Thankfully you had it on hand to help ease the results of the Dr. Jart!

@ladyassassin I really don't care for those Dr jart masks personally, sorry it was so irritating

@ladyassassin  It's too bad you experienced irritation, but I'm glad the FAB mask could help out! I've heard the scent on the FAB isn't the greatest - I'm curious, what do you think it smells like?

@Shosh85 that's a good question! It's hard to describe th...

@Shosh85 that's a good question! It's hard to describe the smell, which I think is very faint and not a bad smell at all. Almost smells a bit minty in the tube, but disappears when applied to the skin. Hard to describe what that smell is though ๐Ÿ˜œ

Re: @Shosh85 that's a good question! It's hard to describe th...

@ladyassassin  Good to know! Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Re: @Shosh85 that's a good question! It's hard to describe th...

@Shosh85 agreeing with @ladyassassin here. I am very sensitive to scents, and I find that this mask has almost no scent and what it does have, it isn't too irritating/overpowering/bad.

That's a shame the Dr. Jart didn't agree with your skin, @ladyassassin. Glad to hear the FAB mask helped with that though. 

Oh no @ladyassassin! I am so sorry to hear the mask irritated your skin. Ugh ๐Ÿ˜ฉ. Good you had that FAB mask on hand - Iโ€™ve heard good things about it! 

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

I for I'm Sorry for my skin & ice cream Fit? finally! some extra room for the eyes but not wide enough for my mouth. luckily, I just grabbed on both sides & stretched. the mask was thin enough that it worked perfectly. but not before some jelly started creeping in my mouth๐Ÿ˜ Smell? not ice cream sadly. typical mask sheet Consistency?I put this stuff everywhere! they give you so much. But jelly that would ooze its way into your mouth Ease of use? I couldn't eat/drink anything even after stretching the mask. Sorry @itsfi no ice cream during masking. but I did have some Oreo ice cream earlier! I could still multi task but would have to press the mask back up around my chin area. it kept falling down throughout the 25 min I had this mask on.. Would I  purchase/try again?not sure if it did anything for my pores but it also promised to moisturize & that it did. ๐Ÿ˜ with enough tack for me to skip my night moisturizer. overall a good experience. ๐Ÿจ๐Ÿจ๐Ÿจ๐Ÿจ๐Ÿจ

I'm eating ice cream while reading mmm... the package looks good too. Glad to hear the mask was nice and moisturizing @sonnydee - the brand is definitely intriguing me.

Most mask packaging makes me what to buy it, @sonnydee. This is sending all kinds of weird messages...ice cream and jelly though๐Ÿ˜œ At least it gave your skin some โค๏ธ!

Such high hopes for chocolate ice cream scents!! @sonnydee 

@sonnydee  I've picked up a few different varieties from this line and so far I've only tried one, but it was seriously loaded with thick jelly serum - I loved it! A sweet scent would've been nice, but regular ol' sheet mask smell isn't so bad either! Glad to hear it was a good experience! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@sonnydee ooh an ice cream mask! Would have been neat if it did smell like some flavor of ice cream. Sounds like a good mask overall.

testing