Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Your sentiments about this mask are similar to how I felt about it, @itsfi. The green one though, that was very nice! Interesting about the eye cream, unusual for a 3-stepper. 

And yay for repurposing products! Iโ€™ve got a couple of cleansers in the shower now, they work beautifully and I donโ€™t feel bad about having to toss a less than stellar product away๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Yeah @eshoe, I try to repurpose products or give them to others if it makes sense to do that. So my hands, elbows and feet are often the beneficiaries when a product disagrees with my face. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi  Ooo I like youโ€™re repurposed idea to a hand cream! Such an awesome idea!

@ather, anything that doesnโ€™t work for my face usually gets repurposed for my elbows, hands or feet. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Theyโ€™ve become an unofficial repository of sorts for my โ€œnahโ€ or sometimes even my โ€œmehโ€ products.  Itโ€™s the only way Iโ€™ve been able to get through some items. ๐Ÿ˜ 

@itsfi  My elbows and hands can always use a little extra care!! 

Right?!! And, it helps with working through all the products @ather

@itsfi  I agree with @quspork, super interesting that one of the steps is an eye cream - I haven't come across that yet. ๐Ÿ˜ณThis brand sure has some pretty mask packaging! ๐Ÿ˜

@Shosh85, JayJun really knows how to make pretty packaging for its masks. The 3-steps are nice enough but I really think the standout of these packs is the sheet mask. โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi that's really sad because the packaging is so pretty, but I guess we all know you can't judge a book by its cover 

The packaging is beautiful on this one @lmaster! I think it would work better for someone who regularly uses eye cream and likes a thicker eye cream. Neither of those are me so that last step is sorta lost on me, but I'm sure there are beauties for whom this 3-step system is a dream. Yes, agree, can't judge a book by its cover. 

Oh that's interesting that this one includes an eye cream, @itsfi. At least the mask itself worked out well!

@quspork, I was surprised as well. I probably shouldn't be, every 3-step mask I've used has had all different assortments of products in the step, except for the sheet mask, but even then, it's not the same step in the routine. 

For multi-step week: Jayjun Anti-dust Therapy Mask

IMG_20200827_143656.jpg

This three-step routine touts its clarifying and brightening components, calling out the ingredients of peony root and centella asiatica. This is one of those you'd probably get the best results from if you used it consistently. It contains a cleanser as step 1, the mask itself, and then a cream as the final step, number 3. 

The cleanser was a thick cream cleanser that quickly foamed up once wet. It had a fresh soapy smell and left my skin feeling a little stripped. I didn't mind it in this one instance, but I wouldn't use this on a regular basis. After rinsing, I opened up the mask. Super fun here- it's a neon green cotton sheet. I mean GREEN. I was overall very pleased with the mask. It was a tight cotton weave that's incredibly comfortable on. The fit and adherence were pretty good and it was very saturated in serum. It did have a citrusy scent that almost reminded me of Pledge dust cleanser, but more pleasant? I didn't mind it at all. The sheet stayed moistened for a good 30 minutes and upon removal left just the slightest of tack. My skin felt particularly hydrated, but there's were any other noticeable results. The final step was a thick cream moisturizer. This was much heavier than I would normally use since I lean more oily. It took a while for it to sink in. 

All in all, I enjoyed the actual mask part and would possibly purchase it again in the future, but I'd definitely skip step 3 and just use my own moisturizer. 

I โค๏ธ this mask, @quspork! Sorry the moisturizer didnโ€™t work out for you, though. 

The mask itself was definitely enjoyable, @eshoe. I'm sure the moisturizer was more of a "it's not you, it's me" thing ๐Ÿ˜‚

@quspork  Neon green wow such a fun mask colour!! Too bad the final cream was too thick maybe its better for the colder months?

For me it would probably still be too much, @ather but for those with dry skin, it might work a bit better!

Super pretty packaging! @quspork wonder if they just sell this particular mask by itself

@lmaster @quspork, I would be on board with the brand selling the sheet masks from their masks packs separately. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

โ€œDear JayJun . . .โ€

Now that I could get behind, @itsfi @lmaster. If it was just the mask itself it'd almost certainly go on the purchase list. With the other stuff, it's an eh, maybe for a good sale.

@quspork, I did a JayJun 3-step mask the other night and the sheet mask was also the best part of the 3-step system. 

1 Reply
testing