Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

That's pretty cool though @ShortErica I'll have to keep an eye out for different varieties I haven't tried

@ShortErica 

when i was deciding on which brand of sheet masks to use, it came down to innisfree, holika holika and etude house. i went with innisfree because it was easier for me to get a hold of but will think about holika holika if i decide to switch it up.

How are the innisfree @nuinui933? I think I might have a couple but don't remember trying any from the brand yet. But my memory could be fooling me. For the price point, the Holika Holika have a nice material and fit to me, it's just the lots of lavender that got repetitive. Let me know what you think when you try them.

Thanks for the comparison of the lineup, @ShortErica. You're right that it becomes easier after a bit to decide what's worth purchasing in larger packs and what isn't. But at least these are decent fillers to use up over time!

Oh yes, I'll easily use these up before 2022 (I think that's the expiration) @quspork πŸ˜

@ShortErica  Dang, I would've never guessed so many of these have a lavender/floral scent! I've only tried 3 so far, (strawberry, lemon and damask rose) and lemon was my favorite. I have the green tea one, and now that's the only one I'm motivated to try! Haha! I agree with you, I'd put these into the "filler mask" category.
Thanks for the great review and comparisons on all these! πŸ™ŒπŸ˜ƒ

I was surprised too @Shosh85. At least lemon, rose and green tea smelled like what they were called.

great job @ShortErica yay for lemon scent! πŸ˜πŸ‹

great job @ShortErica yay for lemon scent! πŸ˜πŸ‹

Re: great job @ShortErica yay for lemon scent! πŸ˜πŸ‹

Yes @sonnydee! I prefer light scents but if a mask smells as advertised that's always great. The ones that don't I get confused about.

@ShortErica  I love the pictures and the scent break down. It’s too bad you aren’t a fan of lavender. 

Lavender bath salt is great just not in a serum on my face @ather. But for someone who loves lavender, these might be a favorite.

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

S for Sand & Sky & Strawberry. I've used this S&S before, it does its job -(i don't feel the invigoration) but since then I've found 1 I like better. if I have it, I'll use it but I don't think I'll be buying a fs. I feel a film left behind, i guess it's part of the mattifying but I don't care for it. πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“ Annie's Way review- Fit?almost perfect. I don't like the backing but I understand why it's there. The mask is pretty thin Smell? like strawberry candy. artificial strawberry. STILL great though😁 Consistency?runny, thin, clear serum. I did have a drippey mess but I just rubbed it in where it landed- back of hands, chest, etc. Ease of use?no issues Would I purchase/try again?yes, it was a great smelling experience that left me with soft & moisturized skin. Absolutely no tackπŸ˜πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“

@sonnydee 

ohhhh bubble tea! love the real thing. the packaging is a lot of fun; love the pink.

Thanks @nuinui933 have yet to try bubble tea but it's on my teen mini aka teeni (my teenage daughter) list so will be soon. I was at the mall today & it's somewhere there supposedly...πŸ€”

The Annie's Way sounds like it worked out well, @sonnydee! Love some strawberry goodness. 

I think this line from Annies way smells delicious, I havent tried them all yet -only grape & Strawberry but have others so looking forward to it @quspork 

@sonnydee  Oh strawberry candy scent is always nice! Sounds like a winner!

I especially like masks if they smell how they are advertised @Kim888 πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“

@sonnydee ok which one do you like better than S&S

Out of exfoliators @lmaster #Dr. Brandt Skincare microdermabrasion age defying exfoliator 3.5 oz 

@sonnydee  All of the sheet masks from this line sound wonderful - I don't think I've heard a negative review yet! πŸ“

I really liked the S&S clay mask, but haven't been motivated to buy the exfoliating one because of all the "meh" reviews on it. Sounds like I'm not missing much πŸ˜‰