Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Ohh interesting! @sonnydee would love to know the final results

@sonnydee  I haven't tried much from this brand and don't ever feel drawn to multi-step masks, but this one sounds like it's worth a try! Have you had a chance to try the 3rd step yet?

Soft, moisturized skin sounds good to me, @sonnydee

Ok guess I need to get one of those for myself, @sonnydee ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Š

I think your skin would really enjoy this @eshoe ๐Ÿค— thank you for sharing it with me!

@sonnydee Wow. Love all of the steps that are marked clearly on the package

Definitely took the guess work out๐Ÿ˜‰ @tjffc 

it's been a while since i've been on here. my masking these days has been more contained, my skincare's been the same really. it's pretty much a mix of innisfree products and the ordinary and it fits "I" week. masking for me is innisfree Super Volcanic Clusters Pore Clearing Clay Mask or innisfree Super Volcanic Clusters Pore Clearing Clay Peel Off Mask every monday and thursday, followed by an innisfree sheet mask, usually the green tea or aloe one. i've been trying to do the daily sheet masking with the innisfree sheet masks and have an assortment of different flavors that i just pick from. it took some getting used to, the not having a bunch of different sheet masks to choose from, but i kinda like the uniformity of it. i know what i'm getting. every so often, i'll use another mask but it's mostly innisfree skincare with some serums and oils from the ordinary. 

Finding what works and sticking to it sounds like a good plan. And you can always try a new mask if you are looking for something different @nuinui933. Have you tried other clay masks? What kind is this one, does it dry completely or stay wet?

@nuinui933  Sounds like you have a nice routine! I've heard great things about the clay mask and it's even better that it's affordable! So happy to hear it's been working well for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Innisfree makes some lovely masks, @nuinui933

@nuinui933, the Innisfree clay mask is a nice one; love how it gently but effectively clarifies. 

@nuinui933 Love clay masks. 

@nuinui933 Iโ€™ve been interested in that clay mask; from the description it sounds almost like a foam (maybe there are multiple versions of the mask?).

@nuinui933 love that innisfree clay mask

Since I started my masking on Sunday night and finished in the wee hours this morning, this will count for last week's letter of the week (H for Holika Holika) and drugstore theme, as well as this week's 3-step theme. Thank you @heartsmyface! I ordinary take 3-step masks / multi-step masks with me when I travel, but as that's been grounded for a while, this helps to get through this part of my stash! The focus of this masking is my nose.
3-steps!!3-steps!!
Spoiler
The aim of the Holika Holika Pig-Nose Clear Black Head 3-Step Kit is, as it says in the name itself, clear blackheads. Here's what each step is intended to accomplish and the time recommended for each step:

Step 1Opens pores, making it easier to remove blackheads15-20 minutes
Step 2Removes blackheads and dead skin cells10-15 minutes
Step 3Tightens, minimizes and soothes pores5-10 minutes

What I thought would be a 15-20 minute endeavor is actually a 30-45 minute project. My thoughts on each step are:
  • Step 1: This nose strip is drenched in the watery serum and there's more in the packet. Adherence is good.
  • Step 2: This is the set's version of the Biore nose strip. On it goes. It hardens to let you know it's time to remove and when I did, out came the whiteheads.
  • Step 3: The nose strip in this third and final step reminds me of a bio-cellulose sheet mask, but in the form of a nose strip. It's sandwiched between a plastic sheet and netting and is saturated in a viscous, somewhat sticky essence, which actually comes in handy as it helps the otherwise slippery nose strip stay on my nose. The cooling sensation feels nice. 

Overall, this is a nice 3-step. I was surprised by how well it worked. It is very time consuming and the 3-steps are something that I think can be easily replicated. 
  • Step 1: Run washcloth under warm water, wring dry and press onto skin
  • Step 2: Biore nose strip
  • Step 3: Apply pore minimizing serum to nose

Overall, this was a nice 3-step to try. If I had another one of these, I'd happily use it (when I have 45 minutes to devote to it), but it's not something I would go out of my way to seek out. 

@itsfi  These can be fun when you have the time, but 45 minutes sure seems like a lot of time to spend on just your nose! I do love the packaging on these though - I'm always tempted to pick 'em up just for the cuteness ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿฝ

Yes!!! That is exactly how I feel @Shosh85! 45 minutes on just my nose?!! I hope I remember not to be drawn in by the packaging again. Thatโ€™s just a lot of time. I feel like 30 minutes of sheet masking on my face is a lot as it is. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi Wow, seems like a really intense mask.  45-minutes. 

@tjffc, I know, right?!! When I use the Biore nose strips, itโ€™s 10-15 minutes, and I feel like I get the same or better results. This nose pack isnโ€™t bad, just more time consuming than I would like. Glad I tried it though.

I really like how you replicated this mask at the end, @itsfi. Itโ€™s very helpful, especially since this one seems like quite the pomp and circumstance for a little nose masking! 

14 Replies
testing